Dumas says Mali Gone | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dumas says Mali Gone

I believe he did after his Soph year. It was pretty surprising he came back. The debate about who was a better pro prospect between he and Ennis was pretty strong.
Paige made a terrible financial decision by not leaving after his soph year. His stock has really dropped since then. Good decision for UNC. Bad financial decision for him

too lazy to look it up right now - anyone know the date players have to declare by?
I know they then have til May 25 to withdraw - but what's the declare-by date?

All these one and done wannabe players (not anyone in particular) need to scroll through a d league roster some time. Kentucky probably has the most players from any one school in the d league. It seems like every team has one or two recently hot prospect from uk.

The one and done model has proven to be no panacea. I can't think of any of the hot top prospects of this year who I will even remember. Skal labasawhatever from uk may as well have not played college ball. Simmons was an epic bust. I guess Ingram was good, but I was never scared of him when we played them.

Meanwhile, mal and Lydon, 2 under the radar guys, help lead us to the final four. And then unc probably cuts down the nets with a team led by a number of seniors.
Simmons was an epic bust? He averaged 19.2/11.8/4.8 and is projected at #1 or #2. How is that a bust? That
says most decidely NOT a bust.

Speaking of Simmons, his teammate Tim Quarterman declared. If that dude is declaring, we should be pretty confident that Richardson is going to test the waters and see where he's projected.

Daniel Hamilton is another one comparable to Mal that has declared (w/o agent) - I would think he'd probably grade a little higher than Mal right now

Yep.. was just going to reply to that. I mean What?
All that matters is post season.

I forgot, what were his post season numbers again?

Our regular season was pretty crappy, yet now I've got 2 final four t shirts and i'll always remember 2016 as a final four year and a huge success.

The back of the 1st round is very weak...he could go

If you're banking on the back end of the first round that's like playing Russian roulette. Donte and Chris were down to the last chamber. If you're a frosh and not a top 20 lock that's a big chance to take

All that matters is post season.

I forgot, what were his post season numbers again?

Our regular season was pretty crappy, yet now I've got 2 final four t shirts and i'll always remember 2016 as a final four year and a huge success.

Ok. I see your reasoning. Granted, it's about as wrong as you could possibly be, but at least I understand where youre coming from.

If you're banking on the back end of the first round that's like playing Russian roulette. Donte and Chris were down to the last chamber. If you're a frosh and not a top 20 lock that's a big chance to take
It seems like these "guarantees" from teams are pretty legit though. I've never heard of a player being given a strong indication or guarantee from a team and them screwing them over when it comes time to pick.

Ok. I see your reasoning. Granted, it's about as wrong as you could possibly be, but at least I understand where youre coming from.
so 13 loss regular season. 10th place finish in conference. 3 losses to pitt. blowout loss at SJU, loss at Gtown, home loss to Clemson, lucky as heII win at home vs VPI.

Final four.

How do you rate this season?

so 13 loss regular season. 10th place finish in conference. 3 losses to pitt. blowout loss at SJU, loss at Gtown, home loss to Clemson, lucky as heII win at home vs VPI.

Final four.

How do you rate this season?
A

And back to Simmons.

When the next Carmelo Anthony or Anthony Davis drops out of school the day after selection Sunday, I find it hard to term his or his teams season a success in any way.

And back to Simmons.

When the next Carmelo Anthony or Anthony Davis drops out of school the day after selection Sunday, I find it hard to term his or his teams season a success in any way.

You should definitely let BS know how you feel.

Paige made a terrible financial decision by not leaving after his soph year. His stock has really dropped since then. Good decision for UNC. Bad financial decision for him

Not necessarily. Who's to say he'd even still be in the league if he left as a sophomore?

Staying, graduating, winning a championship(maybe) increases his overall value longterm. See our own John Wallace getting paid to make appearances and do speaking engagements, 20 years after his senior year run. If he had left early, nobody would give a crap to meet him or hear him talk. He'd just be another "oh yeah, remember him? he was pretty good!" type of guy. Instead he's a college hoop and Syracuse legend.

cuseguy said:
Yup, one of these years a team may head into the next season with a very small roster.

If everything went against us it would be conceivable that Howard and Chukwu would be our only returning players.

Paige would have been one of the best guards in the DL. He's too little and his shot (even then) was inconsistent. By staying in school, he vies for a NC and gets his Bachelors. Ultimately, that will serve him better than one three year contract. History has proven that most spend it quickly and unwisely.

And back to Simmons.

The problem with this analysis is you originally stated Simmons was a bust not LSU's season. Simmons is a guaranteed Top 3 pick no matter what happened to LSU. NBA don't care whether they made the post-season or not. Kid is going to be a star with talent around him.

You should definitely let BS know how you feel.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Does this message board regularly send our thoughts and feelings about college basketball players to them?

I'm cool with it if they do, just wasn't aware.

It seems like these "guarantees" from teams are pretty legit though. I've never heard of a player being given a strong indication or guarantee from a team and them screwing them over when it comes time to pick.

Who would give a 6'4 shooting guard who shot 37% a guarantee though?

With McCullough that type of thing makes sense...he was viewed as a potential lottery pick down the road, and thus a possible "steal" late in the first round. Malachi doesn't have any special size or athleticism for his position that makes him especially intruiging. He's a guy that if he's going to be good, has to make shots. Period. He showed flashes of being able to do that at a high level, but he's got a lot way to go as far as NBA level is concerned. I don't see how he's much different than say, Eric Devendorf, after his freshman year. Maybe an inch or two taller, but a worse shooter/finisher...but with that same confidence and knack to absolutely fill it up when hot.

The problem with this analysis is you originally stated Simmons was a bust not LSU's season. Simmons is a guaranteed Top 3 pick no matter what happened to LSU. NBA don't care whether they made the post-season or not. Kid is going to be a star with talent around him.
I understand what you're saying. But i look at it like this. If BS went here, and had the same exact results, would you view him as a success at SU?

Was Donte Green a success here? I'd say marginal. Kept our teams head barely above water during his one season here. BS came with the promise of much more than Donte Green did too, so it's not a direct one to one, but similar enough.

Maybe epic bust is a bit of hyperbole, but no top prospect in the one and done era has ever failed to lead his team as miserably as he did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom