Dungey has a head injury. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey has a head injury.

OrangeXtreme said:
The Battle for the Basement. ;)

The Game (Where Offense Goes To Die)

JeremyCuse said:
Bees its clear the staff is done. I know you like Shafer but there is nothing to bring him back for its over.

Whether he should stay or not it's a crock to say anyone not wanting him fired is more pro Shafer than pro SU.

The Battle for the Basement. ;)
upload_2015-11-7_16-21-41.jpeg

Bayside44 said:
Embarrassing the school and leaving a kid out there in a meanlingless game isn't pro Cuse.

And that's not what he said.

I feel really bad for the kid and his family... He didn't even have a chance to slide because the hit came from behind...he should have never been out there... The shot looked helmet to helmet to me... But that could have been the way I saw it through my angry fan glasses... I wish him the best

Bayside44 said:
Serious question - How can you defend the guy? Unless you DVR'ed the game and didn't see that show.

Has nothing to do with defending him. You're twisting words.

Embarrassing the school and leaving a kid out there in a meanlingless game isn't pro Cuse.

Tell the kids playing that the game is meaningless, I bet they wouldn't agree. No matter the time left or the score.

I feel really bad for the kid and his family... He didn't even have a chance to slide because the hit came from behind...he should have never been out there... The shot looked helmet to helmet to me... But that could have been the way I saw it through my angry fan glasses... I wish him the best
Watch the replays. Unless my eyes are lying to me, there was no helmet to helmet. They showed about 3 or 4 different angles.

That being said, he should never have been put in that position to begin with.

At this point, anyone who doesn't want Shafer fired is simply pro-Shafer and not pro-Syracuse.

Oh please.

Having said that, the decision to keep Dungey in the game at that point was boneheaded.

The Orange was not coming back.

No offense but it isn't all on the coaches, the kid needs to learn how to protect himself. Coaches have talked to him about it multiple times already this year.

He is culpable in this situation as well, it isn't all on the coaches.

Has nothing to do with defending him. You're twisting words.
The pro shafer pro cuse comment is bs. After today I'm totally sold on shafer getting let go. The comment pisses me off because I still want Syracuse to win every week. I support the program not the coach.

Concussion and all shafer has to say is he feels bad for leaving him out there. Wow.
Where is that thread that question whether it was worth jeopardizing Dungheys health in a lost season. Worst thread of the year

Cusefan78 said:
The pro shafer pro cuse comment is bs. After today I'm totally sold on shafer getting let go. The comment pisses me off because I still want Syracuse to win every week. I support the program not the coach.

Exactly. The people who aren't pro-Syracuse are the ones calling for an empty Dome vs BC or saying they're done watching till Shafer is fired. That's not pro-SU.

No offense but it isn't all on the coaches, the kid needs to learn how to protect himself. Coaches have talked to him about it multiple times already this year.

He is culpable in this situation as well, it isn't all on the coaches.
The biggest problem is dungey is a gamer and never wants to relent anything. The coaches needed to step up and pull him. Anyone with an ounce of brain power knows su wasn't coming back. No idea what shafer was thinking. Atleast lesters comments where some what acceptable. Let him get one more series and try to leave the game on a high note with some completions

Watch the replays. Unless my eyes are lying to me, there was no helmet to helmet. They showed about 3 or 4 different angles.

Hope you're right!

Exactly. The people who aren't pro-Syracuse are the ones calling for an empty Dome vs BC or saying they're done watching till Shafer is fired. That's not pro-SU.
Yeah in the heat of the moment I may be guilty of some of that but at the end of the game I'm still watching and cheering for Syracuse. If grob couldn't drive me away there is no way I'm letting shafer do it to me. But man he really is testing my faith.

I can only imagine how Dungey's parents feel right now. They know their son is playing a violent game but they entrusted him to Shafer. Shafer failed them miserably today

Or maybe ED has a high propensity for head injuries and it doesn't matter who coaches. I realize that's not going to fit the collective meme but ED may be highly susceptible to concussions, in which case the issue is not whether Shafer should or should not have left him in but whether he should play football at all.

If it wasn't in the fourth quarter today, it would have been at some other point. The score didn't really matter. This was going to happen sooner or later -- worst case/he is concussion prone. The HC can't be walking on egg shells about whether his QB might get a concussion on the next hit. If SS takes him a few plays earlier because he thinks ED is prone to concussions, is it really responsible to put him back in seven days later when the score is 0-0?

There are multiple layers of tissue and nerves between hair and grey matter and the world's best doctors don't know exactly why some people get concussions and others don't. It's never clear cut. Shafer is not to blame for his head injury. I realize that's not what people want to hear now. Sorry.

Hope you're right!
Me too. But just because there wasn't helmet-to-helmet contact doesn't mean there wasn't a head injury. HCSS said it was a head injury in his post-game statements.

He took a hard chest hit, and the back of his head hit the turf.

CuseOnly said:
No offense but it isn't all on the coaches, the kid needs to learn how to protect himself. Coaches have talked to him about it multiple times already this year. He is culpable in this situation as well, it isn't all on the coaches.

Again I said I didn't think he should be out there ... I said I thought he was hit from behind... Some have said it wasn't helmet to helmet I have not watch the replays... But I didn't say this was all on the coaches ... Must have confused mine with the many that are saying that!

Cusefan78 said:
The biggest problem is dungey is a gamer and never wants to relent anything. The coaches needed to step up and pull him. Anyone with an ounce of brain power knows su wasn't coming back. No idea what shafer was thinking. Atleast lesters comments where some what acceptable. Let him get one more series and try to leave the game on a high note with some completions

Should have taken him out, but as I've said in other threads, this was bound to happen in some other game.

The way he runs, he's prone to big hits.

Unfortunate.

Hope you're right!
At first I thought it was ribs or shoulder or neck. It didn't look like his head. He clearly looked in pain not knocked out. The head comment from shafer is what was telling me concussion.

orange79 said:
Watch the replays. Unless my eyes are lying to me, there was no helmet to helmet. They showed about 3 or 4 different angles. That being said, he should never have been put in that position to begin with.
Thanks you are probably right... I was annoyed at that point in the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom