Dungey | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey

this is true. On our last possession where dungey took a sack, erv was wide open on a slant for big yarddage
It wasn't just the last possession... all game long. Same thing happened last season. First quarter we'd be great with all the sideline routes and once the other team took those away there was no plan B.

My question is whether this is the way Babers want's his offense to be run or whether Dungey is just not capable of moving past the first read. If this is the way Babers wants his offense run then he is a fraud because his O won't ever do jack against legitimate FBS D's. But I do see open receivers that are just missed by Dungey so I'm going to give Babers till his QB is in.

I think of that long pass that was intercepted he thought that it was a free play because the defense jumped offsides. So even though he threw it into coverage and it was intercepted He felt the very worst it would've been a penalty and called back

While I agree with the premise of that thought, there was no flag thrown.

You take Dino and his staff straight up against Marrone and his staff?

As a whole, long term? Dino. Better system, better recruiting, commitment to college football.

I'd also take this team over year two Marrone. They were pretty crappy on O most of the year.

I'd take the 2012 Marrone team over any team we've had since.

Do we think Babers was trying to pick Dungey up last week with the 'he graded really well' assessment, or was he serious? Because I thought Dungey's touch was fairly poor in the opener and then even worse today. There were some inexcusable drops, but also a lot of drops where he put the ball in a terrible spot. The second and third down passes to Ishmael at the end summed up his night, he put the receiver in a lousy position.

Upon rewatch - I'd bet there were 10 dropped passes and 3-4 bad throws. If it hits your hands, you catch the ball.

Upon rewatch - I'd bet there were 10 dropped passes and 3-4 bad throws. If it hits your hands, you catch the ball.
Getting hit in the hands didn't help Ishmael when Dungey hit him out of stride for a three-yard gain with the clock running. He played lousy, just like many of his teammates.

There was talk last year about this but he does not play against Clemson or it will be the last game he plays.

thats on the coaches in many ways as they have to teach him and make him do his reads ...

Bwahahaha. These words will taste yummy as he marches into the record books this year.

Lossing always brings out the worst.
Great... into the record books but still a four win season.

I think his problem is that he's got a lot of people in his ear telling him to change how he plays, to avoid that career ending head/neck/upper body injury. He was never a great drop back pocket passer. His feet and will to win are what made him great. He's got everyone but himself trying to take that away from him. It's just not who he is, and it's not his skill set.

Eric Dungey is Randall Cunningham. The Minnesota Vikings version. He needs some really good talent around him if he's going to be successful, and right now he doesn't have it.
He is NOT Randall Cunningham. He can't run a basic option play

Any word on Dungy's right knee? He came back in after siting out a series or 2, but was clearly favoring it.

There was talk last year about this but he does not play against Clemson or it will be the last game he plays.
If the O-line doesn't improve dramatically, he won't make it to the Clemson game. We just put on tape that the oline can't pick up a 5 man pressure. 6 man to the blindside? Fuggettabatit. Pitt is going to do the same thing...only with LB's and DE's that can lay pipe. NC State's front four...happy place, go to a happy place...

Babers has said over and over again Dungey is who he is and if you listen, it isn't just about running the ball. I've said this over and over again but Dungey has to first look at his options and second prolong the play behind the line of scrimmage. He has to throw the ball away to avoid lost yardage. Now, I have to add he wasn't helped yesterday by the OL or his receivers or his RB's. Of those who caught a ball they made no play with it. When Dungey panics he runs. If he wants to improve he better start reassessing but during the season this is almost impossible to change a leopard his spots. People...please just watch the WR's when Dungey moves...they do nothing. Why? Because maybe they know he's going to take off and just look to block but to be an effective QB you have to stay behind the line and your receivers have to keep working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom