EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

Good watch and further breakdown. What's sad is the very cool aspect of so many guys who would get to point to their kids and grandkids they are in a video game are caught up in all this. I could see them scrap the likeness altogether and players get nothing.

I saw some stories trying to equate what the nfl guys get vs college and why its way less.. I mean at some point you have to assume the makers have all the risk if it doesnt sell and they also have to create the game and make some profit. the money cant all go to the players..

But you have 30+ nfl teams and 1-200 college teams with rosters twice as big. why would they think they get the same amount of money per player?

you could 5000 copies or 5 million who knows?

I saw some stories trying to equate what the nfl guys get vs college and why its way less.. I mean at some point you have to assume the makers have all the risk if it doesnt sell and they also have to create the game and make some profit. the money cant all go to the players..

But you have 30+ nfl teams and 1-200 college teams with rosters twice as big. why would they think they get the same amount of money per player?

Easy solution. Distribute the risk. Charge the players to be included in the game. Only those who pay will be included. Negotiate their share of the profits if the game is successful.

Good watch and further breakdown. What's sad is the very cool aspect of so many guys who would get to point to their kids and grandkids they are in a video game are caught up in all this. I could see them scrap the likeness altogether and players get nothing.

I certainly understand the back and forth between ON3 and the player's association, but this is not "exploitation". It's an opt-in process. If you don't believe you're getting what you're worth, then don't opt-in.

Yeah which the video calls out properly in that it's madness to say guys should get the same as NFL players.

I certainly understand the back and forth between ON3 and the player's association, but this is not "exploitation". It's an opt-in process. If you don't believe you're getting what you're worth, then don't opt-in.

Plus there have been ongoing efforts between the parties to date and now they want to file suit. Highly likely this is representation wanting more money more than the players. Game is going to go forward and the greed of the handlers may screw over the players... again... the running theme across college sports further magnified by NIL and portal.

I don't know the politics but the number EA dropped may have been to get some movement even if it was via a suit filed. The effort to put together representation for players has been going on forever and seemed to have stalled out.

How much does a PS5 cost, like $600?
Digital version is $399 (no blue ray player) but good luck finding one. I (Santa) just dropped $450 for a standard PS5.

How much does a PS5 cost, like $600?
Depending on which one you buy you’d be looking at $400-$450. Bigger problem this time of year is finding somewhere with one in stock. I bought mine the week it released, back when all the stores were selling out instantly, ended up having to grab one from someone on OfferUp.

Build a PC, totally worth it.
I’ve been going back and forth on that for a while now, just haven’t committed to it yet. Always been more of a console gamer myself.

I’ve been going back and forth on that for a while now, just haven’t committed to it yet. Always been more of a console gamer myself.
I’ve built a few for myself and friends over the years. If you are serious about it and have questions shoot me a DM. Can be confusing without the knowledge of computers. If PC is the the route you go definitely build it, don’t buy a prebuilt.

Build a PC, totally worth it.

It is and I have built about a dozen or so between myself and frienda however I doubt ncaa football comes out on PC. Would love if it does would save me money buying a console but it hasn't been on PC before.

It is and I have built about a dozen or so between myself and frienda however I doubt ncaa football comes out on PC. Would love if it does would save me money buying a console but it hasn't been on PC before.
I would think it would be on PC. Madden is on PC now on release, both made by EA.

I’ve built a few for myself and friends over the years. If you are serious about it and have questions shoot me a DM. Can be confusing without the knowledge of computers. If PC is the the route you go definitely build it, don’t buy a prebuilt.
Will do. That’s one of the reasons I haven’t made the leap and fully committed to a PC already yet honestly. Don’t know exactly what I’m looking for. Will definitely shoot over a DM.

Depending on which one you buy you’d be looking at $400-$450. Bigger problem this time of year is finding somewhere with one in stock. I bought mine the week it released, back when all the stores were selling out instantly, ended up having to grab one from someone on OfferUp.
saw about 50 at BJs yesterday