Who to start

• Rex

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • The Officer

Votes: 53 59.6%
  • Burn it we goin bowling

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
if you think he can win the game burn it. this is a program thing not a player thing.. he could still RS next yr and why worry about 4 yrs from now today.

one other thing.. they are still working hard on that play four game RS rule.. I would not be surprised if it was retro iif it gets passed. It will be hard to tell one kid he played in 1 play and loses a yr but another kid plays 4 and doesnt the next year.

one other thing.. they are still working hard on that play four game RS rule.. I would not be surprised if it was retro iif it gets passed. It will be hard to tell one kid he played in 1 play and loses a yr but another kid plays 4 and doesnt the next year.

It's not even going to be voted on until next season, if it gets voted on at all. :oops::rolleyes:

Play the best QB available, redshirt or not...we don't have the luxury of sitting someone because we want to have them on the roster 5 years from now. I'm good with whichever choice Dino et al make as far as which guy they think gives us the best chance to win, but let's not commit more to the future than we do to today. Besides, I'd like to see Devito play and see if we will have a QB controversy in the spring...

Listen, this is really simple -

If we burn DeVito's shirt, offer to help pack for Babers and co, because he's gone.

So long term... we want DeVito's shirt preserved, for both what it means for Babers and the long term stability of the QB position.

The General is our best backup

General_Character_2010_Color.jpg

Play who gives the best chance to win. I believe that's Mahoney. I am surprised that so many people think TD is better eighty now than Mahoney, who has played extensively (unfortunately) over the last three seasons and has put up some serious stats in some of those games.

You don't burn a year at this point...I would be seriously concerned about HCDFB management if it is even being considered at this point in the year...Mahoney moved the chains just fine last week and led the team to 41 points...not 14...41...how about we support our 2nd string QB?

Play the best QB available, redshirt or not...we don't have the luxury of sitting someone because we want to have them on the roster 5 years from now. I'm good with whichever choice Dino et al make as far as which guy they think gives us the best chance to win, but let's not commit more to the future than we do to today. Besides, I'd like to see Devito play and see if we will have a QB controversy in the spring...

What do you mean by “we don’t have the luxury”? Making a small time bowl at 6-6 or not this season, is not going to make or break anything in my opinion.

I think we can win with Mahoney. the question is can TD be better,, if he can then play him.. If that was true then he would have played last week in my opinion. therefore the coaches thing Mahoney is the answer right now.

I think we can win with Mahoney. the question is can TD be better,, if he can then play him.. If that was true then he would have played last week in my opinion. therefore the coaches thing Mahoney is the answer right now.

Disagree. Don’t play him no matter what. This season is pretty much washed. Throwing a true freshman in with two games left to try to salvage a 4-6 season is completely pointless and a desperation move. We’re basically playing out the string again without Dungey, regardless. Sucks, but true.

Listen, this is really simple -

If we burn DeVito's shirt, offer to help pack for Babers and co, because he's gone.
I don't follow the logic here. Are you saying that if TD were to play today in an effort to become bowl eligible that Babers is leaving on his own or being fired? Are you saying we should not try to win games and make bowls so we can keep our coach, or that burning a redshirt trying to win will get him fired?

Not sure how playing a true freshman in his first ever action, on the road, likely in the rain, against a solid team is a recipe for a win. With still one more game next week against a nasty defense. Keep his redshirt intact, our recruiting isn’t going to suffer for missing out on a smaller bowl. High school kids see where we are going. That would be up..

Preserve the shirt n rally behind theg officer

If he didn’t practice with the first team this week then there is no burning, unprepared, in the driving rain on the road.

Last week I was all for it if that’s how they prepared all week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom