Who to start

• Rex

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • The Officer

Votes: 53 59.6%
  • Burn it we goin bowling

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
This isn't a serious question. Mahoney and Culpepper are the backup QBs. We'll see Devito get back up time next year.

It was unlikely we were going to make a bowl this season. We were teased, and had hope, but that appears to be dashed. Next year was always the make or break for Babers. You don't burn the kid's redshirt.

This isn't a serious question. Mahoney and Culpepper are the backup QBs. We'll see Devito get back up time next year.

It was unlikely we were going to make a bowl this season. We were teased, and had hope, but that appears to be dashed. Next year was always the make or break for Babers. You don't burn the kid's redshirt.

Kills me BC is going to 2 straight bowls if they win tonite w a team that Everyone thinks stinks coached by a bad coach.

They ran off wins to put themselves in position. We needed to go to Bowl this year bc it helps w building those red shirts for next year.

This isn’t anti dino it’s more whoa is me as a Syracuse fan. Getting to bowls is a result of execution of mediocrity. We haven’t been able to capitalize and it stinks

Too harsh, Bayside. This guy took #8 LSU and #1 Clemson deep into the fourth quarter when we were huge underdogs.

Mahoney doesn't have Dungeys signature wins, but he also has never lost to Middle Tennessee at home.

We were never really going to win those games. God bless the kid for getting a schollie to an ACC program but he’s just too inaccurate and not mobile enough. Not his fault. I’m not either

I've heard for years how important bowl games are...the extra practices have been discussed as important to the following year. Making a bowl could help with recruiting, excite the fan base to put more people in the seats next year, or other subtle impacts from a "small time bowl". What I mean by luxury is that we're not deep nor overwhelmingly talented like some programs that can sit a potential game winner because they have lots of talent in front of them. Dino wants to win NOW...like we all do. I just think he should be the one to determine who plays, not the fans that see a DeVito redshirt as critical to the success of the program. It's all moot because that decision has been made, but I personally see a bowl opportunity as more important than any one player's redshirt. DeVito may well be one of our two best quarterbacks and hope we have another superb qb recruit (or more) before DeVito is done playing at SU. We'd be well served to have QB controversies every year with multiple potential starters fighting to start for Dino's offense. In that vein, there's no time like the present...

Would be great to make a bowl this year for sure, but with this schedule and what we currently have in the program I think it would be a bonus. I don’t see this season as some big disappointment or anything if we don’t make a bowl. Other than optimistic Orange fans, I don’t think very many expected this to be a bowl team. And if we knew Dungey was going to miss three games, nobody would predict bowl.

I don’t necessarily think a true freshman who hasn’t even seen the field yet gives us the best chance to win at this point anyway. So we play Devito, lose today anyway and then what? If Eric got hurt early in the season to where DeVito could get a bunch of games under his belt and if he gave us the best chance to win, then it would make more sense. Not now though. I’d rather have him as a 5th year senior for a full year than for two games this year.

Actually his name is Drew. Drew was the transfer who came here from Oklahoma. Zach was the guy who verbally committed but then went to TCU when Marrone left.

Gotcha, now my brain is confused.

Gamesmanship??

you wouldn't go through all that is required for eric to warmup just for gamesmanship. Its a play with pain issue with bowl hopes resting on a win today, i suspect he is/ has done everything possible to play today. If he doesnt and we lose its season over for eric

you wouldn't go through all that is required for eric to warmup just for gamesmanship. Its a play with pain issue with bowl hopes resting on a win today, i suspect he is/ has done everything possible to play today. If he doesnt and we lose its season over for eric

I dont get some of the predictions on here. Why would he be running around and throwing if he had a season ending foot injury? The way foot injuries heal, i dont believe thats the case, yet some on here post with certainty. I dont get it.

no heavy tape on his feet this week, still has brace on his right knee though

I dont get some of the predictions on here. Why would he be running around and throwing if he had a season ending foot injury? The way foot injuries heal, i dont believe thats the case, yet some on here post with certainty. I dont get it.

Because the internet?

Would be great to make a bowl this year for sure, but with this schedule and what we currently have in the program I think it would be a bonus. I don’t see this season as some big disappointment or anything if we don’t make a bowl. Other than optimistic Orange fans, I don’t think very many expected this to be a bowl team. And if we knew Dungey was going to miss three games, nobody would predict bowl.

I don’t necessarily think a true freshman who hasn’t even seen the field yet gives us the best chance to win at this point anyway. So we play Devito, lose today anyway and then what? If Eric got hurt early in the season to where DeVito could get a bunch of games under his belt and if he gave us the best chance to win, then it would make more sense. Not now though. I’d rather have him as a 5th year senior for a full year than for two games this year.

Nothing at this point would make me assume dungey can play a full season. That’s a false hope.

Losing WF and Midd Tenn set us back in a big way. Need a bowl game for some shot of momentum. If we finish 4-8 it feels really blah no?

Nothing at this point would make me assume dungey can play a full season. That’s a false hope.

Losing WF and Midd Tenn set us back in a big way. Need a bowl game for some shot of momentum. If we finish 4-8 it feels really blah no?

It feels blah considering where we were a few weeks ago...riding high off the Clemson win playing Miami and LSU and NC State tough on the road and looking like we had a great chance to win a couple more.

Not pulling out that FSU game AND losing Dungey was just a tough, tough day.

The whole outlook changes without Dungey. I don’t think we can beat anybody that’s decent without him...because in 3 years we haven’t done it. He’s the whole effin show on offense right now.

I think having DeVito with a year of practice under his belt will give us a much better outlook next season if Eric has to miss any games.

Most folks seem to think a redshirt year is best but it's limiting your options with no certainty that the player is going to be around 5 years down the road. It's possible there will be no return on the investment in that redshirt year. I think the argument is a little different for some positions than for others but in general my opinion is only that. This board has many people more wise than I in football matters and I bow to that wisdom. Dino certainly seems to agree...

The problem is the teams we need to beat next year are all on the road (BC, WF,& Pitt). We wont be favored in any of them.

If TD has a good enough grasp of the offense, I wouldn't mind something like a 60/40 split between Dungey and TD.

I know it's unorthodox but it could help keep Dungey healthy and give TD valuable time against opponents 1's. It worked for Leak and Tebow right?

Most folks seem to think a redshirt year is best but it's limiting your options with no certainty that the player is going to be around 5 years down the road. It's possible there will be no return on the investment in that redshirt year. I think the argument is a little different for some positions than for others but in general my opinion is only that. This board has many people more wise than I in football matters and I bow to that wisdom. Dino certainly seems to agree...
Well, in 5 years, he'll be done with college. ;-). In 4 years, his grad year, he's free to transfer. If he stinks, or transfers, than that part of your point is valid(minus the stinks,part)

Concensus is we all think the team will keep recruiting higher talent, and win more each year. I'd rather have td running that show. Sucks, but I'll give up a chance at a mediocre bowl, for a 10 plus win season- all day, and twice on Saturday.

If TD has a good enough grasp of the offense, I wouldn't mind something like a 60/40 split between Dungey and TD.

I know it's unorthodox but it could help keep Dungey healthy and give TD valuable time against opponents 1's. It worked for Leak and Tebow right?

It worked for Tom Brady too

If TD can go to the NFL before exhausting his eligibility I'm not going to care about losing the redshirt year.

I think we can win with Mahoney. the question is can TD be better,, if he can then play him.. If that was true then he would have played last week in my opinion. therefore the coaches thing Mahoney is the answer right now.

We can win with ZM with proper play calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom