Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up

why is rutgers out recruiting us?????what is wrong with this picture??----i can't afford to laugh at them until this changes.
I will laugh at them no matter what, Rutgers should be called Nozzle University.

why is rutgers out recruiting us?????what is wrong with this picture??----i can't afford to laugh at them until this changes.

Everyone told you it was temporary. You've been freaking out for 9 months. Given their current trajectory on the field, do you honestly believe that recruiting will stay that good? They will have some decommits. 30 yards of offense will do that.

On the flip side, our offense has put up drool worthy numbers for skill positions. Trending in the right direction.

Stop worrying about the Rutgerz

Everyone told you it was temporary. You've been freaking out for 9 months. Given their current trajectory on the field, do you honestly believe that recruiting will stay that good? They will have some decommits. 30 yards of offense will do that.

On the flip side, our offense has put up drool worthy numbers for skill positions. Trending in the right direction.

Stop worrying about the Rutgerz
first of all, i have endured your incessant orange colored glasses rah rah stuff for 9 mos and you bashing most anyone who takes a different position on the state of the team, or dares to question things. most of what u said pre season was/is bogus including the high powered offense, and teams will have to keep up with us!!!!!
you are a fan of history, please tell me the last time we CONSISTENTLY recruited better than them. yes i will continue to worry about our nj presence.by the way i guess we didn't have any decomits???
also not EVERYONE has told me that, just your friends and followers,and if everyone did tell me that i would still THINK for myself.
thank you for your attention to this matter

first of all, i have endured your incessant orange colored glasses rah rah stuff for 9 mos and you bashing most anyone who takes a different position on the state of the team, or dares to question things. most of what u said pre season was/is bogus including the high powered offense, and teams will have to keep up with us!!!!!
you are a fan of history, please tell me the last time we CONSISTENTLY recruited better than them. yes i will continue to worry about our nj presence.by the way i guess we didn't have any decomits???
also not EVERYONE has told me that, just your friends and followers,and if everyone did tell me that i would still THINK for myself.
thank you for your attention to this matter

Good grief, man. Ok, I'll play along.

1. It's not orange colored glasses. I routinely admit when I'm wrong. You're the one with a steadfast position that you refuse to question (oh, woe was us, we'll never be good again, Rutgers is soooo good at recruiting, etc.). I rag on people like that. Guilty as charged on "harassment of fans who never see anything good, ever."

2. Here's me admitting I was wrong: I thought we'd be better on D and that our O would be scoring at a rate that matches our other stats. We're farther away than I thought. The signs are there - but I don't expect you to be able to see them.

3. You're also right in that they've recruited better than us over the last 4 years. By a very small margin:

2017, so far: R/27, S/45
2016: R/61, S/65
2015: R/56, S/58
2014: R/53, S/50

Excluding this year* and going by just the last 3, that's an average of Rutgers 57, Syracuse 58. Big. To. Do. About. Nothing.

4. In that same time frame, we both have 7 conference wins and that includes Rutgers last year in the Big East. Both have been trending downward, until:

5. * They have a very nice class with a rating of 27. They also just got the worst recruiting news anyone has gotten: they were outscored 137, 0 in the last two games with a grand total of 39 yards of total offense in the last one with their new coaching staff.

So to review, they have out-recruited us by a touch and have turned that slight advantage into absolutely nothing and their new staff's biggest positive (they can recruit!) is about to go down in a giant fireball of disappointment due to on the field, historically bad, Rutgers-sized level of suck.

I do applaud you thinking for yourself. Congrats.

613450794.0.jpg

Rutgers invited hundreds of recruits to watch its 78-point loss to Michigan

Good grief, man. Ok, I'll play along.

1. It's not orange colored glasses. I routinely admit when I'm wrong. You're the one with a steadfast position that you refuse to question (oh, woe was us, we'll never be good again, Rutgers is soooo good at recruiting, etc.). I rag on people like that. Guilty as charged on "harassment of fans who never see anything good, ever."

2. Here's me admitting I was wrong: I thought we'd be better on D and that our O would be scoring at a rate that matches our other stats. We're farther away than I thought. The signs are there - but I don't expect you to be able to see them.

3. You're also right in that they've recruited better than us over the last 4 years. By a very small margin:

2017, so far: R/27, S/45
2016: R/61, S/65
2015: R/56, S/58
2014: R/53, S/50

Excluding this year* and going by just the last 3, that's an average of Rutgers 57, Syracuse 58. Big. To. Do. About. Nothing.

4. In that same time frame, we both have 7 conference wins and that includes Rutgers last year in the Big East. Both have been trending downward, until:

5. * They have a very nice class with a rating of 27. They also just got the worst recruiting news anyone has gotten: they were outscored 137, 0 in the last two games with a grand total of 39 yards of total offense in the last one with their new coaching staff.

So to review, they have out-recruited us by a touch and have turned that slight advantage into absolutely nothing and their new staff's biggest positive (they can recruit!) is about to go down in a giant fireball of disappointment due to on the field, historically bad, Rutgers-sized level of suck.

I do applaud you thinking for yourself. Congrats.
nicely done. however the recruiting has been better for several years rather than the last 3.5. i do hope u are correct re their giant fireball analogy as they have gotten a few guys that we have offered.
signs maybe there, as i have repeatedly said i am a dino supporter. i would like to see some better ol and dl recruits results. maybe i am stuck on the basics, but w/o those folks the rest is window dressing imho.

nicely done. however the recruiting has been better for several years rather than the last 3.5. i do hope u are correct re their giant fireball analogy as they have gotten a few guys that we have offered.
signs maybe there, as i have repeatedly said i am a dino supporter. i would like to see some better ol and dl recruits results. maybe i am stuck on the basics, but w/o those folks the rest is window dressing imho.

I agree 100% that the recruiting needs to be better. #45 is a good start - it will drop as other schools fill out their classes, unless we can grab some of the top guys left on our list.

As far as the how back we look - I went 4-5 years as that's all that matters. Any further back and those guys are long gone.

If they truly crater and the local coaches can't make the case to stay locally without getting laughed at - we need to be the "local" option.

And in any regard, if you're an elite offensive player at a skill position, we should at least be in the discussion over Rutgers and BC.

Just read this whole thread and,

HOW did none of you notice/respond to the "cumin in the batter" comment?

this post was promoted in my facebook feed?

Ive been on the train stupid facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom