Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up

Ya running short high efficiency passes against our incredibly young defense that is learning a new defensive system.

The main reason they won is they're in the third year of their rebuild and we're in year one.

Wake's pass D is almost as bad as ours. We didn't attempt to attack them with short passes. That is the issue. Not execution of passes.

So none of you people remember the Maloney to Mac transition? Hiring a new coach with a new system doesn't magically produce a bowl eligible season overnight. But so many of you expected that and you were flat out wrong. Yes tonight sucked and was frustrating but give the man a chance.
6 years in to Mac he had the same record as Maloney did after 6 years.

We never had time to throw.

That is because we only threw the ball on 3rd down when they were coming after us. When we mixed in passes we had success. And short passes helps a bad OL.

That is because we only threw the ball on 3rd down when they were coming after us. When we mixed in passes we had success. And short passes helps a bad OL.

Wasn't there to see how bad the conditions where but that was as bad a line play that we've seen in ages. Dungey looks two ticks lower than pedestrian.

Scott Shafer was 14-23 we suck now no matter who was coaching this year.

Shafer set the program back 2-3 years and Babers is cleaning it up. Our offense had 3 OL miss this game. We couldn't throw the ball because of the weather. We dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball I am not blaming Babers for that.

Wake didn't have a problem throwing the ball...but we did, strange. Funny that the only plays that actually worked for us were pass plays yet we go back to the run on 1st and 2nd 9 out of 10 series and wind up in third and long every time. Just dumb.

We have been calling runs up the middle all year with exactly zero success, so lets keep calling them? WTH is that.

This loss is on the staff, plain and simple.

Oh quit it. It was equal talent tonight. Look at the actual game and the way it went down instead of being an apologist every loss. Ironically, its our offense that is the problem, the defense was good enough tonight. Stop it. Please. The scheming was atrocious.
The scheming may have been atrocious, but there is no way the talent was 'equal'. Just because you say that in multiple threads does not make it true. Stop it. Please.

I think most people are giving him a chance, that doesn't mean we can't be disgusted with the effort tonight.
Maybe you should distinguish between effort and result. If you really mean effort, I would love for you to tell me how you know there was a lack of it. If you mean result, then say it. Me? I thought the kids played hard and I realize the weather was a major factor and knew it going in. I also know we have key injuries on positions of little depth, which is pretty much everywhere, isn't it? Swap running backs and we likely win. Wake's RB style would have really helped in this weather. BTW, I thought the Dline played pretty well. Against a less powerful RB, we stonewall their running game, as there QB would have gotten more attention as a runner.

How is it that Shafer was able to beat this team the last 2 years??
That can't be a serious question, can it? Different personnel, different weather, different level of player experience. My God, that is a low brow question...

Maybe you should distinguish between effort and result. If you really mean effort, I would love for you to tell me how you know there was a lack of it. If you mean result, then say it. Me? I thought the kids played hard and I realize the weather was a major factor and knew it going in. I also know we have key injuries on positions of little depth, which is pretty much everywhere, isn't it? Swap running backs and we likely win. Wake's RB style would have really helped in this weather. BTW, I thought the Dline played pretty well. Against a less powerful RB, we stonewall their running game, as there QB would have gotten more attention as a runner.
Belichick is drooling over Carney ,

you don't think people are entitled to their own opinions on a sports message board? faith is great. But it is blind faith at this point. He has done nothing so far. Nothing.
..And he never said he would the first year and a-half. In fact, if I recall correctly, he added more time to that before we ever played a game. I assume it was after he worked with the kids up close and personal. I'll hold him to what he said (+/-) not to what I see now.

Wake is the worst team talent wise that we have lost to since GRob. I was anti Shafer and I am pro Babers, but I think Shafer wins this game. His styel of D attacks the LOS and does better against the run. In the past it has also forced Wake into TOs. Babers refused to try to pass, even short passes. Wake didn't have a problem when they needed to pass. Neither did we really. It made zero sense. I think Lester's O would have done better. This was the worst called O game since 2009.

What's good for one game in a hurricane vs subpar talent shouldn't direct the big picture of controlled environment high tempo passing O. Shafer wins this game but loses vs UCONN because he doesn't take the chances down the field.

Wake didn't have a problem throwing the ball...but we did, strange. Funny that the only plays that actually worked for us were pass plays yet we go back to the run on 1st and 2nd 9 out of 10 series and wind up in third and long every time. Just dumb.

We have been calling runs up the middle all year with exactly zero success, so lets keep calling them? WTH is that.

This loss is on the staff, plain and simple.

We passed for more yards than they did.

What's good for one game in a hurricane vs subpar talent shouldn't direct the big picture of controlled environment high tempo passing O. Shafer wins this game but loses vs UCONN because he doesn't take the chances down the field.
Shafer could have won against ND , USF , WF ,and UCONN .

Scott Shafer was 14-23 we suck now no matter who was coaching this year.

Shafer set the program back 2-3 years and Babers is cleaning it up. Our offense had 3 OL miss this game. We couldn't throw the ball because of the weather. We dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball I am not blaming Babers for that.
Marrone set it back...Shafer is a good coach who was put in a tough situation due to Marrone and the SU AD not spending money while everyone else did.

I am not advocating for Shafer, I am glad that he is gone. We would likely be 2-4 right now with no hope for the future. Well unless you are crazy then you would think we would be 5-1.

Babers approach last night was all about conditions and trying to manage the game to keep it close to the end. Otherwise you get what happened to UNC.

And they had the ball in their hand in good field position to take the lead. The offensive and defensive lines are a mess of injuries, youth, and second and third lines guys starting. They couldn't close, it's not a capital offense, it's an away game in a hurricane in the six game of a major transition. Stuff happens, get over it.

Marrone set it back...Shafer is a good coach who was put in a tough situation due to Marrone and the SU AD not spending money while everyone else did.
:rolleyes:

Wasn't there to see how bad the conditions where but that was as bad a line play that we've seen in ages. Dungey looks two ticks lower than pedestrian.

From the TV view that was the worst weather I've ever seen Syracuse play in.

Dino said 1.5 years. National pundit says watch out for Cuse in 2018. We lose two starters on D right off the bat. OL is stitched together.

This is on top of almost a generation of bad and mediocre years, after the program had lacked the necessary investments to stay competitive.

And now we're facing an insane schedule.

End goal which is being a top 25 team every year and having an outside chance at the conference title each year.

I though Shafer was an incredible DC. But he wasn't the right guy to be HC here. We needed a program-changing leader that can focus on the big picture and start that uphill climb.

Dino is the guy.

Are there issues with ED's decision making in the RPO? Sure. Is our RB situation still not settled? Sure. But the focus has to be much bigger than that.

We have been irrelevant for a very long time in a part of the country that is far behind others in football-is-life passion at a private school where it snows 8 months a year.

Give it time. Along the way, appreciate what AET is doing, btw. We are taking a guy ignored by Maryland and putting him in the NFL. That's the type of PR we need, if we are going through tough losses.

Not usf
I tend to agree with you there , but I think how the team lost that game last year ( the heat , a couple of freshman errors and ED coming back for his first game from CMU ) and could see them getting up to beat them .

This is my thing with the weather, both teams play in it. Good offenses can score in bad weather. This may have been abnormally bad, but, you've still gotta be able to go.

A great offense can find success on the ground or through the air. You've got to pinpoint your strengths for any given game and exploit the defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom