Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Either get on the Dino train or shut the hell up

Shafer could have won against ND , USF , WF ,and UCONN .

What games were they going to win with the 111th ranked offense and 98th ranked defense running less than 60 plays a game?

They barely beat a BC team at home that featured a QB that almost went an entire game without completing a pass.

It was a clown show disaster at the end, he was in way over his head.

This is my thing with the weather, both teams play in it. Good offenses can score in bad weather. This may have been abnormally bad, but, you've still gotta be able to go.

A great offense can find success on the ground or through the air. You've got to pinpoint your strengths for any given game and exploit the defense.

I think you say you didn't see the game, SU was playing with just about the worst field position for an entire game you've ever seen.

no one needs to shut the hell up just because they disagree

Do you think being vocal helps recruiting? Do you think it tells the coach we want him to stay? Does it build support? We can be disgusted but why be so vocal and venomous? Let's just assume for a minute that Babers is the guy to turn it around. Being so negative will only push him away. And if he isn't the guy, it won't do any good to beat the guy up or pull the plug now. Relax people.

I think you say you didn't see the game, SU was playing with just about the worst field position for an entire game you've ever seen.
I definitely haven't, I was able to pull up the ESPN Gamecast early in the 4th and thought the stats they were showing were an error from the site due to weather or something. I was like, that can't be right.

Dino was a bad hire. He obviously can't coach. The record speaks for itself. Maybe some find this acceptable though.

What games were they going to win with the 111th ranked offense and 98th ranked defense running less than 60 plays a game?

They barely beat a BC team at home that featured a QB that almost went an entire game without completing a pass.

It was a clown show disaster at the end, he was in way over his head.
The offense would have been much better this year with a stronger . seasoned , healthy Dungey than last years MASH unit . And , the defense would be better with a better offense and Ron Thompson still here . Teams that stuck with there coaches like Indiana , Wake and Colorado look smart to me .

Do you think being vocal helps recruiting? Do you think it tells the coach we want him to stay? Does it build support? We can be disgusted but why be so vocal and venomous? Let's just assume for a minute that Babers is the guy to turn it around. Being so negative will only push him away. And if he isn't the guy, it won't do any good to beat the guy up or pull the plug now. Relax people.

Would you rather see anger or apathy? Because 3-9 or 2-10 is gonna lead to a lot of both.

I definitely haven't, I was able to pull up the ESPN Gamecast early in the 4th and thought the stats they were showing were an error from the site due to weather or something. I was like, that can't be right.

They had a long field almost all night and my guess he didn't want to lose on turnovers. The weather had broken and they were heading into what might have been a 21 -16 game with a chance for an onsides to a 28-9 blow out with the Fredricks fumble.

Shafer could have won against ND , USF , WF ,and UCONN .

That's really hard to do from your couch.

I think very highly of Shafer, but this is insane stuff. This D is pretty close to being last years Shafer's team. And we'd be at best the same on O.

The offense would have been much better this year with a stronger . seasoned , healthy Dungey than last years MASH unit . And , the defense would be better with a better offense and Ron Thompson still here . Teams that stuck with there coaches like Indiana , Wake and Colorado look smart to me .

What did Shafer do on offense in 3 years that gives you the impression we'd be better on offense with Lester over Babers?!?!?

In-sane.

Would you rather see anger or apathy? Because 3-9 or 2-10 is gonna lead to a lot of both.

Irrelevant. The team will get better under Babers. Growing pains are, um... painful.

I get the idea behind comparing/contrasting Shafer's team to Babers's but some of this lamenting over what Shafer could have done last night feels like bringing up an ex-boyfriend every time there's a rough patch in a relationship.

They had a long field almost all night and my guess he didn't want to lose on turnovers. The weather had broken and they were heading into what might have been a 21 -16 game with a chance for an onsides to a 28-9 blow out with the Fredricks fumble.
Never would of happened we were getting outer but kicked by a true freshman running back who was falling for four yards after contact. We got beat, let's accept it. Wake came to play and we thought we won before the first snap. We both played in the same conditions. They threw the ball and ran the ball no MATTER what the weather was like. Let's take our whopping like men and try to pull off an upset along the line somewhere. I believe everyone can learn from last night game including the fans.

I get the idea behind comparing/contrasting Shafer's team to Babers's but some of this lamenting over what Shafer could have done last night feels like bringing up an ex-boyfriend every time there's a rough patch in a relationship.
I agree. Would a should a could a...let it go

Irrelevant. The team will get better under Babers. Growing pains are, um... painful.

Well a lot of people spending their hard earned money and time don't see it as irrelevant. 15 years of clown shows and the fan base has said "ok let me know when the product is good and then I'll check back in." The beginning of the Dino era of SU football and a prime time Louisville game drew 32k? Next week probably sub 30k unless VT travels well.

But we didn't try to take advantage of the one time we had great field position. Down 14-9 at teh 50 with the weather having let up we went run run sack after the INT.

That is not why I bring this up . I bring this up because Shafer was a good coach and now Baber's is a good coach and the same serial dating psychology will happen again unless it is confronted and exposed . I think this comes from the basketball recruiting where the next class is always so much better than the previous ones , which is not always the case . In any event , this is going to be very difficult and success is not guaranteed .

Well a lot of people spending their hard earned money and time don't see it as irrelevant. 15 years of clown shows and the fan base has said "ok let me know when the product is good and then I'll check back in." The beginning of the Dino era of SU football and a prime time Louisville game drew 33k? Next week probably sub 31k unless VT travels well.

My point is that it doesn't matter. It sucks, sure. But I'm done worrying over leaf-rakers and grumpy basketball fans. Attendance figures are a lagging indicator.

Babers and Wildhack will get it done.

That is not why I bring this up . I bring this up because Shafer was a good coach and now Baber's is a good coach and the same serial dating psychology will happen again unless it is confronted and exposed . I think this comes from the basketball recruiting where the next class is always so much better than the previous ones , which is not always the case . In any event , this is going to be very difficult and success is not guaranteed .
I wasn't intending to single you out.

Here's the problem, Shafer had worse performance every year he was here. Those other guys, not so much.

None of those guys were internal hires that took over a winning team and the proceeded to decline across the board in wins, offense, defense.

Never would of happened we were getting outer but kicked by a true freshman running back who was falling for four yards after contact. We got beat, let's accept it. Wake came to play and we thought we won before the first snap. We both played in the same conditions. They threw the ball and ran the ball no MATTER what the weather was like. Let's take our whopping like men and try to pull off an upset along the line somewhere. I believe everyone can learn from last night game including the fans.

That great running back had 104 yds on 29 carries. BFD.

Last night was anything but a "whopping".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom