Empty dome... | Syracusefan.com

Empty dome...

omg_cuse_rules

Fair weather fan
Wow this is sad. Maybe 28000 actually here? What

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

As I said weeks ago after the Clemson game, I don't blame the locals for staying away after that one.

Syracuse is not a sports town.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Syracuse football is just painful it watch. We are offensive to offense and I am afraid the game was over when Pitt took the lead because we aren't scoring again?

Syracuse is not a sports town.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Syracuse is a BASKETBALL town. We have a crappy football team and the admin doesnt drop the coin to be a big football player. There is your issue, NOT the fans

Syracuse is a BASKETBALL town. We have a crappy football team and the admin doesnt drop the coin to be a big football player. There is your issue, NOT the fans

ya until the basketball team has a couple back to back losing seasons

The university does nothing to market football. The team is boring to watch on offense and ineffective in there execution the vast majority of the time. And years and years of embarrassing losses has taken its toll on the casual football fan in this area.

In fact I'm pretty sure the number "casual football fans" in the city of Syracuse is very small...extremely small at this point. Many people have given up. You will get a good crowd for your 1 home game a year vs either Clemson or FSU...and what do ya see? A team get blown out and the players in the middle of the blowout dancing in the middle of the field to the music and celebrating tackles when down by 35pts. If the players don't care how can you expect fans to pay money to go and care?

I was at the game today and it was sad to the point of embarrassing. I don't blame fans for no going anymore, but the University has nobody but to blame but themselves. The product sucks the majority of the time, the customer service sucks, and they do nothing to try and improve things marketing wise. They get what they deserve.

In the year 2013 in most sports and most towns "blind loyalty" is dead. The fans will show up when the team wins on a consistent basis. SU hasn't won on a consistent basis in decades. Hence this is what you get.

Do we really need to act suprised about this topic every week?

Attendance is an issue most everywhere.

The team is just awful to watch and while we may become bowl eligible we start off every year 0-2 and completely **** the bed everytime we have a chance to build some momentum as a program.

Combine this with the IPF news and all you can say as a Cuse football fan is FML. If the school won't step up and back big time college football, why should the fans?

Nobody showed up for St Francis...and it was close down to the last two minutes...but we are a basketball town right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom