Empty dome... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Empty dome...

Then you must agree that the NJ contract needs to be canceled if the goal is to line up the 4 easiest wins possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yep. We're not in the Big East anymore, there's no need, even though we seem to draw better there than when playing for a bowl on our own campus.

Bayside44 said:
Yep. We're not in the Big East anymore, there's no need, even though we seem to draw better there than when playing for a bowl on our own campus.

The SU attendance there has been lower than any home game. But I think you know that.

The SU attendance there has been lower than any home game. But I think you know that.

Wagner, Tulane, possibly Pitt. And frankly I think the Meadowlands is awful.

I can't bear to do it again but if you go through each dome game one by one and just ask yourself, would that game be enjoyable to a casual person, the answer is usually no

even when they've been ok, the home games have sucked. even games that have been close are often only close because both offenses suck (rutgers, pitt)

These two games (Pitt/BC) are predictable for attendance. The ACC did us no favors with two late season home games without the students.

SU's done itself no favors (and not just in terms of football attendance) in cancelling a week of classes one week before the end of the semester.

Of all the things I hope to see revisited under the new chancellor, this is near the top of the list. Runs totally counter to the academic mission of the university, and obviously crushes the end of the football season, too.

(Thinking about this more, sadly, I doubt having students on campus for a 12:30 game on a cold day would have made much difference in the crowd. ~200 kids? Still, it'd be nice to have the option.)

Duke has played a poor OOC schedule and ironically their two ACC losses are Pitt and GT much like our own team. So has BC. SU is not at a level when they can face 2 or 3 AQ's OOC in a year...they just are not. The perception is that 5-7 stinks no matter who you played OOC and going 6-6 or better is at worst a decent season, no one parses those schedules other than a few computers. No one and I mean no one looks at SU's schedule and says..."Boy, they played a pretty tough one and not only that played only 6 games at the Dome". It just doesn't happen that way in college football. There are no moral victories.

Consider the '87 and 91 seasons, the best seasons of the Dome Era. In 1991, SU opened with Vandy and Maryland. Both had losing records. Scheduling Vandy was a nice touch because it is a good comparable even though they are SEC. Having generated some buzz with fans and confidence as a team, Florida came into the Dome in week three of 91. Perfect. The feature game in 87 was Penn State. It was mid-season but basically the biggest test the team would face and all the momentum built early was leading to it. In both seasons, the storyline before the feature game was "Is Syracuse for real?" It's much easier to sell that storyline to casual fans than it is an 0-2 start and "Napoleon-through-Russia" slog to six wins. And I dare say playing UF 91 or PSU 87 in week one and/or in Giants Stadium would have led to different outcomes. SU kills momentum when it overschedules early. It has to stop.

My point is that im tired of hearing about basketball. Outside of Duke cuse and a few other. No one really cares that much..ask clemson or fsu about there bball teams...

You realize Syracuse basketball has a better average attendance than any NBA, NHL, and college programs outside of Kentucky right? It is not a one year thing either its been going on for 30 years.

You realize Syracuse basketball has a better average attendance than any NBA, NHL, and college programs outside of Kentucky right? It is not a one year thing either its been going on for 30 years.
ya that's nice but outside Kentucky, cuse, duke, unc does anyone care until march...

Nobody showed up for St Francis...and it was close down to the last two minutes...but we are a basketball town right?
We were playing St. Francis... how was the crowd supposed to know it was going to be a close/good game?

CanadianSU said:
ya that's nice but outside Kentucky, cuse, duke, unc does anyone care until march...

Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom