Ennis to NBA per ESPN | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis to NBA per ESPN

Thanks Ennis if this was your only year at SU, I will always remember you for your 7-21 choke job versus Dayton in the tourney.

This is a killer blow. Ennis would have been 1st team all american next year. This sucks.

I feel your pain, but I have a feeling the PG spot will be fine next year. Maybe they bring in a 5th year transfer student, or maybe G and Cooney can play effectively together next year. Or maybe Joseph is good enough to run the team effectively for 20 - 25 mins a game. The team maybe very young next year (if Jerami leaves as well), but it will still have a lot of talent.

I know it's easy to say now, but in the game against Dayton (and at other various points towards the end of the season), I thought he had the look of someone who was focusing a bit more on impressing scouts - the last two shots he took in the Dayton game told me that. I could be wrong, just noting how it felt at the time.

That said, disappointing, but understandable. I think he's the type of player that would get picked apart the longer he stuck around. Not sure I understand the love affair from the NBA side - seems more like a great college player to me, but I don't know the NBA game well enough.

Gave us some memorable moments in one short year - too bad we won't get to watch him grow in the Syracuse uniform.

No reason, but I still think Grant returns. Call me crazy.

This is pretty much where I am regarding Ennis. His draft stock will never be higher than it is this year. I really hope he doesn't go top 10 though. I feel like it'll only be setting himself up for failure in the NBA.

if true that would free up a scholarship and a starting spot. get on the phone. transfers welcome.

Thanks Ennis if this was your only year at SU, I will always remember you for your 7-21 choke job versus Dayton in the tourney.

...and it starts...Maybe that's why fans are labeled as fanatics!

Grant is gone. We never get lucky and have these young kids stick around. Its amazing. Completely snakebit

Worst case scenario-Ennis can stick as a backup for 10 years. He's as good as Ridnour or Steve Blake and since it looks like he's a 10-15 pick at worst this year he's smart to jump now. Wish him well.

Folks need to realize that having lottery picks on a consistent basis is going to continue to help recruiting.

Not to micturate in anyone's corn flakes, but I think that's a lot rosier than the true worst-case scenario.

Also, I get that we can plug in talent and replace lottery guys more easily than we sometimes fear, but I'd rather do that at the 2-4 spots. Whenever possible, give me continuity with our point guards and big men.

"I'd like to thank Coach Boeheim, the coaching staff, my teammates and the amazing fans of Syracuse for the opportunity to play at a great university like Syracuse," said Ennis. "I feel this experience has helped prepare me to fulfill my lifelong dream – to play in the NBA."

Make it stop!

HA - as a fellow hater of the NBA (though to be fair, I do try to watch some playoffs), I must agree, what is so appealing about playing in the NBA? These types of quotes should read "fulfill my lifelong dream - to be a millionaire". No shame in that!

I'm half kidding, but as purely a college hoops fan, it is frustrating that OUR favorite game keeps losing its most exciting players to a league that many of us can't even bear to watch.

Just stop, absolute BS post

Why it is the truth? This site can contain threads beyond threads calling out certain people for there play but can't say the same thing about Ennis? Got it.

Worst case scenario-Ennis can stick as a backup for 10 years. He's as good as Ridnour or Steve Blake and since it looks like he's a 10-15 pick at worst this year he's smart to jump now. Wish him well.

Folks need to realize that having lottery picks on a consistent basis is going to continue to help recruiting.

No, actually he's not as good as Ridnour or Blake. Not right now. He can't shoot straight. Both of those two guys can hit open jump shots.

Do you know how good both of those guys were in college? Both were studs.

Assuming the report is true (which I assume it is as it is appearing in multiple sources), good luck to you, Tyler. I enjoyed watching you play while you were here. Continue to develop your game, and make us proud at the next level.

Because it's not in the best interest of his draft stock to return with what next year's team will look like.

This is not a shot at Ennis, since I was really hoping he would return, but I don't recall Ennis getting Grant a lot of easy baskets this season. Unless Tyler could have helped Jerami hit a 20 footer more consistently, I don't see how Tyler leaving affects Jerami's decision.

man some of you are angry angry angry people. stop bashing a kid for following his dreams and going to the nba. if he is a bust or not isnt our concern. he played his heart out here for 1 year, gave us a moment we will never forget in that GW at pitt. Be happy for him, wish him well and carry on

I will never for the life of me understand the obsession with people wanting to think so negatively about our players. The guy came in as a FRESHMAN PG and helped lead the team to a 25-0 start and a #1 ranking in the country during the regular season. Yeah it didn't end well, but statements like this are just flat out insanely unnecessary.

Marsh01 said:
Grant is gone. We never get lucky and have these young kids stick around. Its amazing. Completely snakebit

Yup. Greene, Flynn, waiters, mcw, now ennis. CJ is the only guy in recent years being on the fence that came back. Can't believe we're not getting 2 years out of ennis, never thought he'd be 1 and done. This is easily the most disappointing of our guys that have left early.

Why it is the truth? This site can contain threads beyond threads calling out certain people for there play but can't say the same thing about Ennis? Got it.

Just because something is true doesn't mean one should share it with everyone.

No, actually he's not as good as Ridnour or Blake. Not right now. He can't shoot straight. Both of those two guys can hit open jump shots.

Do you know how good both of those guys were in college? Both were studs.

Yes and Tyler Ennis was a stud this year and if he stayed four years would be as good as they are overall. He might not be as good a shooter, but he's got other strengths. Why are people now so willing to try and cut Ennis down because he's leaving? Makes no sense.

Just because something is true doesn't mean one should share it with everyone.

Why it is a message board that is exactly where you should share your thoughts and opinions.

HA - as a fellow hater of the NBA (though to be fair, I do try to watch some playoffs), I must agree, what is so appealing about playing in the NBA? These types of quotes should read "fulfill my lifelong dream - to be a millionaire". No shame in that!

I'm half kidding, but as purely a college hoops fan, it is frustrating that OUR favorite game keeps losing its most exciting players to a league that many of us can't even bear to watch.
speak for yourself. the nba is great. too many slow rockfights in college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom