Eric White | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eric White

A little extra money solves this problem. Nuff said.

Should be a priority in order to assist with Washington and the others that should follow Mr. Washington. Let's not forget that Eric has not been a slouch in his job and deserves a raise anyhow.

White does a great job but the reason he seems even more important to people is because he's in a position that is new to SU but most schools already had. Many of us have said for years SU needed that position and an emphasis placed on it. SU went fR too many years with just a coach designated as recruiting coordinator with a couple student interns helping with things. We still aren't where many schools are.

White does a great job but the reason he seems even more important to people is because he's in a position that is new to SU but most schools already had. Many of us have said for years SU needed that position and an emphasis placed on it. SU went fR too many years with just a coach designated as recruiting coordinator with a couple student interns helping with things. We still aren't where many schools are.
I have no idea if he is thinking about leaving, but for the time being we should do whatever it takes (within reason) to keep him here. There may be others who can do the job as well, but do you trust us to make a good hire? And anyone new wouldn't have the intangible connection with next year's guys, where we are on the cusp. Please don't screw this up, SU.

I think White does a great job, but its also a position that is allowed to be more transparent with the kids. I think there are many on this board who would understand that you need to build a relationship with the kids thru the social media. You might not get someone the first go around who does it as well, but its a position easier to find than getting a coach who is good at recruiting and coaching at a school like SU.

dinosaurbbq said:
White's assistance in recruiting is huge. If you read the Washington article, you ought to know he won't be coming to SU if White leaves. Washington is far from the only one. Yes, someone else can step in and do a worse job at it that impacts recruiting at a time that we really need recruiting to improve.

I realize recruiting at its core is utterly ridiculous, but this is one of the dumbest reasons to choose a school. A support staff recruiter who isn't a coach that you will have limited (if any) contact with once you get here because he'll move on to the next class as soon as you arrive? Because we now need to send all 60 targets we have 1000 pieces of mail a day and Photoshop their heads on this months "O" magazine to make them feel important, so he won't have any time for people actually on campus, not to mention the people on campus aren't his job. Yeah, makes sense.

There's no chance he was implicated in the NCAA investigation, is there?
I hope not, but it could be related if someone decreed that all references to the university (even as vague as this one) be removed from handles to eliminate any appearance of improprieties.

Obviously the "couple more weeks" means "of this recruiting cycle"...I'm just hoping it doesn't mean "of your time left here" as well.
I was thinking the same thing.

Something I noticed from Cole Dial's tweet is that he doesn't (and I don't think ever has) referenced "cuse" in his handle. Maybe Eric is simply being consistent with some new mandate.

I was thinking the same thing.

Something I noticed from Cole Dial's tweet is that he doesn't (and I don't think ever has) referenced "cuse" in his handle. Maybe Eric is simply being consistent with some new mandate.

I have no idea but it could be that he only had Cuse in his twitter handle before as he was new to the job and it afforded him a recognition of being a recruiter for Syracuse. Now he is more established with the classes he is recruiting and decided to change it to something more generic. :noidea:

We know from his tweet yesterday that he's still here. If he was leaving, wouldn't he change his Twitter handle after leaving, not before?

I'm wondering if the university told him to take cuse out of his handle

For what reason? Is there any that would make sense?
I was just thinking that the university might like to control the Twitter messages. Having cuse in his handle might look like it's an official social media outlet for the university. Therefore they asked him to remove it

without knowing any facts, what would be the advantage to leaving the SU position with this timing? if you have been putting your heart and soul into recruiting with a couple weeks to go.

without knowing any facts, what would be the advantage to leaving the SU position with this timing? if you have been putting your heart and soul into recruiting with a couple weeks to go.
I think that's why he's still around. He will at the very least finish out this recruiting cycle. Once the LOIs are in, who knows what will happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom