Eskridge going pro | Syracusefan.com

Eskridge going pro

Yeah not a big surprise and the coaches were prepared for it

scary thought

@Stephen_Bailey1
That means redshirt freshman Chauncey Scissum and true freshman Rodney Williams will enter the spring as SU's starting safeties.

B4cVa70CYAAMUZ5.png

He needs to get bigger and stronger. Hey, I've heard that one before.

Hope he makes it, but I have serious doubts.

Not that he would necessarily be a savior between a good season and bad. But without him, I think next year is going to be rough (just like your mother likes it Trebek!).

Too many parts to replace in one year on defense.

Offense rebuilding after a disaster.

Special Teams really haven't been all that special.

I hope the Wake game doesn't have to get moved to the swing category. There's so little we can count on.

He'll get drafted in the top half. He'll then have two seasons to do whatever he's going to do.

Nothing but the best for a kid who's been nothing but a pleasure to anyone around him for the past four years. He's overcome serious odds to be on track to earn a degree and give himself a shot at the NFL.

Doubts or not, if you don't root for this kid to be succesful, I have doubts about you.

Not that he would necessarily be a savior between a good season and bad. But without him, I think next year is going to be rough (just like your mother likes it Trebek!).

Too many parts to replace in one year on defense.

Offense rebuilding after a disaster.

Special Teams really haven't been all that special.

I hope the Wake game doesn't have to get moved to the swing category. There's so little we can count on.
You get a like, just for that.
tumblr_mssrrc0G2S1rw3gqyo6_250.gif

Finwad32 said:
He'll get drafted in the top half. He'll then have two seasons to do whatever he's going to do. Nothing but the best for a kid who's been nothing but a pleasure to anyone around him for the past four years. He's overcome serious odds to be on track to earn a degree and give himself a shot at the NFL. Doubts or not, if you don't root for this kid to be succesful, I have doubts about you.

I'm rooting for him, but he needs to stay healthy and get stronger. He had little impact last season.

I'm rooting for him, but he needs to stay healthy and get stronger. He had little impact last season.

I agree with the strength and health part, but that last part, you really think that?

It sounded like it, but, I wasn't calling anyone in particular out. Didn't mean for it to come acrossed that way.

What, he doesn't want to come back to win a national title next season?
I think he heard that Oklahoma was headed to the B1G. That ended his career at Syracuse.

He'll get drafted in the top half. He'll then have two seasons to do whatever he's going to do.

Nothing but the best for a kid who's been nothing but a pleasure to anyone around him for the past four years. He's overcome serious odds to be on track to earn a degree and give himself a shot at the NFL.

Doubts or not, if you don't root for this kid to be succesful, I have doubts about you.

Kids like this are easy to root for. Great success story. And, I wish him the best.

Eskridge was the MVP of the D last year.

This year was very much a different story. I will be pleasantly surprised (stunned) if he goes in the "top half" of the draft.

GoHamSU said:
I agree with the strength and health part, but that last part, you really think that?

I think he had some type of injury or injuries that hampered his play.

He looked liked he was going to be a great SU safety a few years ago.

But he took a big step back this year.

I think he made the decision to go pro after his sophomore year.

This year wasn't going to matter.

Kids like this are easy to root for. Great success story. And, I wish him the best.

Eskridge was the MVP of the D last year.

This year was very much a different story. I will be pleasantly surprised (stunned) if he goes in the "top half" of the draft.

Measurables man, it's all about the measurables. Great measurables with a solid career behind it will get you drafted more than a spectacular career with not so spectacular measurables.

Injuries, as tough as he was to play through them, will be the only knock on him.

How serious they were I don't know, but, Eskridge has had finger, hand, wrist, shoulder and hip injuries in the past two years. A separated shoulder is a bear to play through, and as a DB obviously having a cast on is never good for catching a ball. I'm actually pretty sure the cast cost him two pics in 2013. I remember him trying to use hands to catch the ball when he had a club on his right hand. And then, the hip, very hard to be fluid in and out of breaks and change direction at high speeds when your hips bothering you.

Last edited:
He needs to get bigger and stronger. Hey, I've heard that one before.

Hope he makes it, but I have serious doubts.

Agreed.

I wish him well, but I see nothing to indicate that he has any real chance of sticking.

perfect body type to play fs or slot corner in the pros but needs to stay healthy id peg him as a 3rd rounder

Best of luck to him, he was a quality player here and hopefully he works hard once he hits the pros and sticks. He'll get an opportunity and that's all that matters.

Seems like a great opportunity for one of the FS's we're recruiting to come in and compete for a starting role. We've already landed some talented kids in this class and we're still after a few more, so it looks promising for the future of the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom