ESPN 3/ESPN+ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN 3/ESPN+

What. Okay, I have avoided directly giving ESPN for years but I guess those days are over. Whatever. No chance I don't pay. Over a barrel I guess.
So I did what was suggested on here, went to ESPN.com, clicked on the "watch" link icon at the top to see if it's streamable/can be cast to a tv, tried a live game then a replay, no go, asks me to download the ESPN app which is needed it says to do that action, so go to the App Store to find the app ESPN+, and of course doesn't work and tells me no go, my iPad is not new enough for any of these desire actions.

Gotta get a new freaking iPad frickin now it essentially says. Gonna be a continual challenge to watch games and replays this year it's looking like. Not happy with the brave new tv world :mad::(

Edit: my phone is newer. Was able to both go to their espn web site and also download the app as well. The website takes you to the app to get it up and casted to a tv.

Was able to cast current live programs but so far can’t get any replays to cast. Multiple attempts to cast any replays have failed so may need to hit YouTube for replays.

Our game Saturday is listed and listed as only espn+ Separate streaming service within their espn app.

Doesn’t matter if u subscribe to the espn family of channels via any service such as spectrum, directtv etc, have to subscribe period on their monthly service. Nice extra revenue stream for them to make up for all of the cord cutters.

Looks like a no brainer, they got us by the short hairs

Last edited:
So I did what was suggested on here, went to ESPN.com, clicked on the "watch" link icon at the top to see if it's streamable/can be cast to a tv, tried a live game then a replay, no go, asks me to download the ESPN app which is needed it says to do that action, so go to the App Store to find the app ESPN+, and of course doesn't work and tells me no go, my iPad is not new enough for any of these desire actions.

Gotta get a new freaking iPad frickin now it essentially says. Gonna be a continual challenge to watch games and replays this year it's looking like. Not happy with the brave new tv world :mad::(

If you have an old ipad running IOS 9 or 10, you're out of luck. The ESPN app needs IOS 11 or higher. And you can't upgrade the ipad to a newer IOS. Planned obsolescence.

However, WatchESPN.com works on a laptop or desktop.

Yes, I believe so.

If you have ESPN Insider, you have ESPN+.
So, like flohoops.com can you subscribe for one month and then unsubscribe? And then can you get it your tv screen with a fire stick or whatever? My friends thought they could watch with WATCHESPN, but apparently not.

Thanks!

I can't remember so much confusion on how to watch an SU game in a long time. I might just call New Channels and get the box for a pay per view.

So, like flohoops.com can you subscribe for one month and then unsubscribe? And then can you get it your tv screen with a fire stick or whatever? My friends thought they could watch with WATCHESPN, but apparently not.

Thanks!

Correct. You can sign up for one month for $4.99 or whatever and then unsubscribe.

You can then watch ESPN+ content through the WatchESPN app on your laptop/desktop, smart TV, Amazon Fire TV or Roku or whatnot.

ESPN+ is the only way to watch the Liberty game this Saturday, aside from in person.

Correct. You can sign up for one month for $4.99 or whatever and then unsubscribe.

You can then watch ESPN+ content through the WatchESPN app on your laptop/desktop, smart TV, Amazon Fire TV or Roku or whatnot.

ESPN+ is the only way to watch the Liberty game this Saturday, aside from in person.
pretty sure the watchespn app is history unavailable and unsupported in any format. Everyone will need to have a device with technology new enough to handle the new ESPN+ app to get the game, subscribe ($) above and beyond what you pay for your other Tv stuff on a monthly basis for it and on it for as long as you want it. I think. Anyone? Tech guys chime in

pretty sure the watchespn app is history unavailable and unsupported in any format. Everyone will need to have a device with technology new enough to handle the new ESPN+ app to get the game, subscribe ($) above and beyond what you pay for your other Tv stuff on a monthly basis for it and on it for as long as you want it. I think. Anyone? Tech guys chime in

My apologies - old terminology. You're right - WatchESPN is gone. You watch it through the regular ESPN app.

I watch ESPN+ all the time. $5 per month gets you Insider and all the ESPN+ content.

Will all the games be on the ESPN app this year, or will the ACC Network take those off that platform now?

ESPN+ is awesome. Don't get all the hand wringing on this site, they stream out of market baseball, all the non PPV UFC fights, all different types of soccer, and a ton of CFB. Well worth the $50 or so per year.

ESPN+ is awesome. Don't get all the hand wringing on this site, they stream out of market baseball, all the non PPV UFC fights, all different types of soccer, and a ton of CFB. Well worth the $50 or so per year.

Out of market baseball? Not like the MLB app though?

Out of market baseball?

Oh, you must mean the other 14 games that are on opposite the Yankees.

Out of market baseball?

Oh, you must mean the other 14 games that are on opposite the Yankees.
Perfect for a Sox fan living in NJ... Saves me the $150+ I'd pay for MLBtv

Looks like good old free radio on Saturday for me...

Anyone attending want to set up a tripod and Facebook live it or something :)

There’s something different about ESPN. I can’t get any espn content to work in either the app or through the FIOS tv app.

And the ACCN isn’t even a streaming option.

And Packer and Durham isn’t an on demand option on SiriusXM

There’s something different about ESPN. I can’t get any espn content to work in either the app or through the FIOS tv app.

And the ACCN isn’t even a streaming option.

And Packer and Durham isn’t an on demand option on SiriusXM
Are you using the ESPN app or the WatchESPN app? WatchESPN is no longer supported.

you can restert the show though if you get in before it ends at 1pm

Looks like good old free radio on Saturday for me...

Anyone attending want to set up a tripod and Facebook live it or something :)

Good luck figuring out what is happening... Football is not Matt Park's strong suit... His call is always awkward...

Good luck figuring out what is happening... Football is not Matt Park's strong suit... His call is always awkward...

I’ve never heard good things about Park’s play by play abilities. Is he really that bad?

I’ve never heard good things about Park’s play by play abilities. Is he really that bad?
I think that’s overblown. His home run call is excellent.

Maybe I'm confused. WatchESPN still exists, it's just not a stand alone app any more. It is embedded in the ESPN app. It includes all content available on the cable channels plus some additional content (still branded as ESPN3). ESPN + is an add on service also embedded in the app. I can watch everything on WatchESPN. I cannot watch ESPN + and I do have a mag subscription and Insider access.

Maybe I'm confused. WatchESPN still exists, it's just not a stand alone app any more. It is embedded in the ESPN app. It includes all content available on the cable channels plus some additional content (still branded as ESPN3). ESPN + is an add on service also embedded in the app. I can watch everything on WatchESPN. I cannot watch ESPN + and I do have a mag subscription and Insider access.

You have to log into ESPN Insider for access, correct?

What happens when you use the same login when you try to access ESPN+?

You have to log into ESPN Insider for access, correct?

What happens when you use the same login when you try to access ESPN+?

When I try + I get an error message "invalid_grant." on my phone. On laptop it prompts me to sign up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom