ESPN + is a joke | Syracusefan.com

ESPN + is a joke

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Watched the game about half an hour behind. Chose the “start from beginning” option
Every time I fast forwarded 10 seconds it restarted the broadcast from the very beginning. How hard is it for them to get this right? How many billions of dollars is Disney worth?

Also, what poor production quality of the game. I realize that isn’t an espn issue but rather a local one. I’m trying to watch an actual basketball game but I cant see what going on because a low budget TACOS TACOS TACOS graphic plasters the screen for 30 seconds

Watched the game about half an hour behind. Chose the “start from beginning” option
Every time I fast forwarded 10 seconds it restarted the broadcast from the very beginning. How hard is it for them to get this right? How many billions of dollars is Disney worth?

Also, what poor production quality of the game. I realize that isn’t an espn issue but rather a local one. I’m trying to watch an actual basketball game but I cant see what going on because a low budget TACOS TACOS TACOS graphic plasters the screen for 30 seconds
There was also no audio from about 5 minutes into the game. Very poor production value. Seemed like the "S" was up on the Orange background after every break timeout, whatever. Then they lost audio then everything. Came back after a few minutes only video.

I didn’t lose audio or video, but in addition to the clownish production/direction, my video signal was low res the entire time. Like when you are just starting a stream and the buffer has to catch up or whatever. The whole game. No such problems when I switch to any other stream on the ESPN app (AppleTV). Is that just ACCNX issues?

There was also no audio from about 5 minutes into the game. Very poor production value. Seemed like the "S" was up on the Orange background after every break timeout, whatever. Then they lost audio then everything. Came back after a few minutes only video.
I had no issues with the audio.

They were using the Dome TV broadcast for ACCNX tonight.

You got whatever was on the replay screens. That's why you get dancing "S" during timeouts.

The audio was the least of the problems. This was the first time I've watched a ACCNX production where they tapped into the Dome feed and just gave it to the viewer raw and uncut. In the beginning of the game, you could hear the production staff trying to get their act together. SU should be embarrassed by this. They need to be better for the next game.

The audio was the least of the problems. This was the first time I've watched a ACCNX production where they tapped into the Dome feed and just gave it to the viewer raw and uncut. In the beginning of the game, you could hear the production staff trying to get their act together. SU should be embarrassed by this. They need to be better for the next game.

You missed the St Rose game.

The little things you take for granted in a normal broadcast added extra pain to the viewing experience.

Stuff like seeing the court after a foul, or coming back from intermission and just seeing the logo.
Hearing the crew counting down before tip off.

To add into the hilarity I think Matt Park called JJ "CJ Starling" at one point.

My feed quit right when the second half was about to begin. Each time I tried to get back in, it failed. So, I eventually went to "start from the beginning, fast forwarded to the second half, and it to me what it did to you. I will watch the second half here when it gets posted.

My feed quit right when the second half was about to begin. Each time I tried to get back in, it failed. So, I eventually went to "start from the beginning, fast forwarded to the second half, and it to me what it did to you. I will watch the second half here when it gets posted.
I watch on Apple TV espn AP. I watch a ton of hockey on the same TV and don’t have the restrart issue…. But those games are usually over when I watch so maybe being behind during an ongoing game is the issue

To actually have a Taco Bell “Taco Time!” full screen graphic up long enough to miss an entire possession with a made 3 pointer by Canisius is new levels of astounding…
1699501536384.png

Audio cut out every time the action on the floor stopped and was hoping that flying S would fly off but it never stopped. Even the commercials had no sound. I think high school kids could do better.

It was clear what was happening. There was no real tv broadcast there. They used the radio feed of Matt Park and Jim Satalin who were calling a radio game and had to keep describing things they would not have to describe on a tv broadcast. My guess is that a tv crew did not show up ... and the school was doing as best it could on an emergency basis. Hey, at least it was on the air. A few years ago, you'd all be griping that it was not being televised.

Last edited:
It has been amateurish, but pretty happy to be able to see (mostly) all the games. Not to mention having replay available. Beats going out to the garage to catch it on the car radio like I had to do sometimes in the mid-eighties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom