Etan article | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Etan article

There is a lawsuit to have his juvenile records released. The parties allege that he was a gang member and had been picked up for second degree murder.

So what? That's not why the cop shot him 6 times. He didn't know any of that at that moment that he killed the kid. The kid was mouthing off to the cop, and the cop killed him. End of story. That's not how "law enforcement" works in this country. Or at least, that's not how it's SUPPOSED to work.

Let's say all of what has been said about Michael Brown is true - he was a big young punk.

Does that justify him being shot in the head twice by a cop? Remember, he was unarmed. He did not attack the officer, he mouthed off to him. This justifies shooting the guy six times, and then leaving him to die in the street?

Im under the assumption he did attack the cop. Are you getting different information?

That being said - I can agree that 6-10 shots were too many. But if he did break his orbital bone, a couple shots were justified.

I'm glad that you jump to such strong opinions without even reading the article being discussed. That's a great way to go through life.

I didn't jump to any conclusions about his article. Everything I said was about Etan as a person and activist and not the article. I chose not to read it, because frankly I dont support him anymore. Dont want to give his articles more views.

What pissed you off so much?

Im under the assumption he did attack the cop. Are you getting different information?

That being said - I can agree that 6-10 shots were too many. But if he did break his orbital bone, a couple shots were justified.

EDIT: Deleted post. Should reserve my political comments for OT board. ;)

Last edited:

More info on this point - that picture that went viral about Darren Wilson in the hospital with the busted up face - it wasn't him. It was someone else. It was some motocross rider whose picture they used.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/04/darren-wilson-injury-photo-ferguson_n_5768510.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom