Everybody Calm Down. We Still Got This. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Everybody Calm Down. We Still Got This.

OSU has their owns problems, they only have one guard and he is way over-rated

We're going to find out how our deep bench can perform, and we should have more room foul wise than any team we play. Hopefully games aren't called as they are in the Big East.

I am actually looking forward to Thursday's game. I honestly can't wait to see how they play without Fab. I am hoping that it just may be a blessing in disguise. Lately it seems as if our defense had been sluggish, possibly because the perimeter guys were relying on Fab too much. Now that they have no cushion, they have to play better defense. Also, Dirty has been playing much better defensively and it doesn't hurt that he can hit ouside shots, unlike Fab. Plus Rak will get a bunch of time and I think he has been waiting for his time and now it's here. Plus we may also see some more of MCW, who is definite spark off the bench. Sure we may get beaten up in the middle, however outside the Big East, there not many teams that have a big bodied center/interior players. This team has so many different weapons it is scary. Also, am hoping this forces the team to focus a bit more on rebounding. This could very well make them a better team all around.

Let me say this ...I believe that JB knew that this was a liklihood ... can't give any other explanation as to why he would have been playing Rak in the middle. Saying that I am all in for SU ... we can do it without Fab (actually we have to). We still have a deep team... we need our Seniors and upperclassmen to come out to the show.

Go SU. Go JB. FF or bust!!

If CJ Fair & the other guys up front pick up their games & play smart, this team won't lose much sans Melo.

If these guys don't improve (especially BMK & RAK), the guards will have to hit shots from outside consistently, or else we leave in the 2nd or 3rd game.

I think this team will make something happen here. We have more than enough talent to make some noise...

First off I will say that losing Fab hurts because of his size and defensive capabilities.

In saying that this is what I hope to see. Rak start the game and play like in the BET. I thought when he was out there he was improved from the season. I hope he doesn't try to block everything like Fab. I hope that our rebounding on defense goes up because he isn't trying to block everything and can block out more allowing CJ and hopefully KJO to crash boards. Teams may not feel like they have to shoot from behind the arc as much because Fab isn't in the middle. I think we are still able and have the talent to get to FF but we have to focus on rebounding because we are still going to get turnovers. By the way no one is making a big deal about UNC's Henderson being hurt. This is not the most ideal situation but we still have talent and depth.

OK -- let's see what that deep bench (MCW, Keita, Rak, the walk-on who hits 3s) can do. Some 3 guard line-ups. Much more pressing. Whatever worked against WVa and Cincy when Fab was out in January.
With Fab we were a #1 seed that could disappoint by not making the FF -- now we are a Cinderella story.

Do we think JB is going to change much of the strategy? To be honest, I don't really think he will. I don't think you will see any 3 guard lineup (unless we're losing by double figures in the second half or something like that; it'll be a pure reactionary move). I think we're going to see basically the same style of play we've had all year, except with Rak/BMK playing all of the minutes at the 5.

Theoretically, if we are blowing bAsheville out, it might be a good time to experiment with some new things, but like I said, I don't really see it.

Do we think JB is going to change much of the strategy? To be honest, I don't really think he will. I don't think you will see any 3 guard lineup (unless we're losing by double figures in the second half or something like that; it'll be a pure reactionary move). I think we're going to see basically the same style of play we've had all year, except with Rak/BMK playing all of the minutes at the 5.

That's right--although I expect we might see expanded PT for Southerland / MCW, to eat minutes and keep the other guys fresher. Southerland in particular as the only forward reserve, giving the team quasi-PF minutes. It will require a total team effort to compensate for Fab's absence.

In 2010 when AO went dow, the starting lineup became BT-AR-KJo-Wes-Rick, FYI

The pressure is off. If you believe the media spin SU will be the underdog in every game we play. They way they are talking, without Fab SU should have been a bubble team. Now we will see what kind of stones DW, KJ & SJ have.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton

That's right--although I expect we might see expanded PT for Southerland / MCW, to eat minutes and keep the other guys fresher. Southerland in particular as the only forward reserve, giving the team quasi-PF minutes. It will require a total team effort to compensate for Fab's absence.

I hope you're right, especially with MCW. But let's say we win tomorrow; if we're tied with Kansas State at halftime on Saturday, then I think KJ and CJ are pretty much playing the entire second half.

Theoretically, if we are blowing bAsheville out, it might be a good time to experiment with some new things, but like I said, I don't really see it.

Sure, we start with Rak/BMK and the same approach as long as it is working. In our current Cinderella mode, we can't count on standing pat with that formula.

Yes, expect to see us press more -- if K-State is taking it to our centers in the half court game JB will see how those big guys respond to a speed-up game.

JB used 3 guards at the end of the Cincy game when we needed 3s to fight back. We have big guards in BT and MCW, so he has that weapon in reserve. Obviously it depends on game situations, foul trouble, and how much we are getting out of James, Rak & Keita. But past that Asheville game, we just might be needing a lot of creativity.

In 2010 when AO went dow, the starting lineup became BT-AR-KJo-Wes-Rick, FYI

FYI couldn't shoot, didn't guard anybody and committed too many turnovers. :mad:

FYI couldn't shoot, didn't guard anybody and committed too many turnovers. :mad:
I blame FYI for the 2010 loss. Must have been smoking pot pre-game:bat:

First off I will say that losing Fab hurts because of his size and defensive capabilities.

In saying that this is what I hope to see. Rak start the game and play like in the BET. I thought when he was out there he was improved from the season. I hope he doesn't try to block everything like Fab. I hope that our rebounding on defense goes up because he isn't trying to block everything and can block out more allowing CJ and hopefully KJO to crash boards. Teams may not feel like they have to shoot from behind the arc as much because Fab isn't in the middle. I think we are still able and have the talent to get to FF but we have to focus on rebounding because we are still going to get turnovers. By the way no one is making a big deal about UNC's Henderson being hurt. This is not the most ideal situation but we still have talent and depth.
that's probably because no one has heard of him

Sullinger is the single most over rated player in college hoops.
he was exposed in the big ten this year that's for sure

A friend of mine is an O$U grad and booster. He's never understood all the hype surrounding JS.

A friend of mine is an O$U grad and booster. He's never understood all the hype surrounding JS.

I was looking forward to Fab vs. Sullinger. I think it would have Herb Pope, the sequel.

17.6 points and 9.3 boards a game despite facing constant double and triple teams all year long -- and while playing the year with Plantar Fascitis. If that's overrated, you have some unfathomable standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom