Exposed | Syracusefan.com

Exposed

jordoo

Living Legend
This game exposed where SU is as a program. We saw the downside of all the players, the overall roster issues and a new head coach finding his way. It’s painful and hard to watch but necessary to have a realistic assessment. With the exception of Brown our best players faults are equal to their talents. We also have rotational players that wouldn’t get minutes on NCAAT caliber teams.

It is was it is. We are what we have seen. Sure this was the worst the team could perform but at their best this game is still a loss IMO. In some ways I wonder if Red has done a great job to have 11 wins so far. I’m not sure the roster is better than Pitt/BC/Oregon.

I’m going to marinate in this feeling. I’m going to remember it. One day we will be back and this will just make being back feel that much better.

Last edited:
R.f8b69585dcf5b6fb4ee1c2597d9388b8.gif

Is there a Boeheim less program?

SU 2,086 wins All Time

JB 1,116 wins as Coach
139 wins as Asst Coach
76 wins as a player

Involved in 1,331 of those All Time wins or more than 1/2……..64%

And that's a program that is in its 124th year!

Wow!!!

Last edited:
This game exposed where SU is as a program. We saw the downside of all the players, the overall roster issues and a new head coach finding his way. It’s painful and hard to watch but necessary to have a realistic assessment. With the exception of Brown our best players faults are equal to their talents. We also have rotational players that wouldn’t get minutes on NCAAT caliber teams.

It is was it is. We are what we have seen. Sure this was the worst the team could perform but at their best this game is still a loss IMO. In some ways I wonder if Red has done a great job to have 11 wins so far. I’m not sure the roster is better than Pitt/BC/Oregon.

I’m going to marinate in this feeling. I’m going to remember it. One day we will be back and this will just make being back feel that much better.
I agree that we’ve probably overachieved thus far. I’m gonna give Red at least two or three recruiting cycles to make this his team. I don’t care what kind of coach you are - if you have who we have, you’re not gonna outclass teams like UNC. We need to improve our recruiting and it seems like we are starting to do that.

I agree that we’ve probably overachieved thus far. I’m gonna give Red at least two or three recruiting cycles to make this his team. I don’t care what kind of coach you are - if you have who we have, you’re not gonna outclass teams like UNC. We need to improve our recruiting and it seems like we are starting to do that.
What is a cycle here? If it's two or three years, ok, cool. More than that? Nah

Its 2024 waiting three years to see improvement is Coaching/AD malpractice. With the portal and NiL, our roster construction has been atrocious and the offensive sets have been abysmal. Autry after this season needs to get rid of over half this roster and 1-2 coaches.

The days of 2-3 cycles are over due to the portal where you can get upperclassmen to contribute immediately. We have 9 sophs, which is roster imbalance by class year. That needs to get corrected this off-season.

The days of 2-3 cycles are over due to the portal where you can get upperclassmen to contribute immediately. We have 9 sophs, which is roster imbalance by class year. That needs to get corrected this off-season.
Just watch Forbes at Wake Forest. He just reloads a new point guard every year.

It is his team. He picked the transfers, he recruited half these guys, he’s making the lineups, he’s making the plays (or lack there of). No more excuses, he’s getting out coached nearly every game. Even BCs scrubs put up far better of a fight than they should’ve in the second half.

Last edited:

I think AA is doing a decent job however the challenge with a continuity hire meant there wouldn't be much roster turnover seeing how AA played an integral role in recruiting these players. I think we have to ask is the best recruiting class under JB, where they should be progress wise mid way through their sophomore year?
MacLeod has been a disappointment. JJ does not look like a McD AA from just 2 years ago. I liked the move to bring in him in but the production hasn't been there. Cuffe is an adequate rotation player.
Today's loss felt like a continuation of JB blowouts.

No way.

A roster reset needs to happen this offseason.

Autry needs to have the stones to have difficult conversations with guys that are not cutting it and have shown no signs.

2 of the 4 centers need to be told they're never playing here. Taylor needs a serious talking to. Mintz is likely gone this year anyway, but we need a complete reset of the roster.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.
Demoralizing to see all the flaws on full display on national TV while giving up 103 points.

The big question should be whether he gets a 3rd year if the first two have nothing to show for it.
That is correct. In my opinion, he should not. If we are 15-19 two straight years, without a marquee win to our credit... what are we doing?

Oregon at a neutral site doesn't count either. We have been crushed by anybody close to be ranked.

The big question should be whether he gets a 3rd year if the first two have nothing to show for it.
He should get a third year unless he goes full Kenny Payne the next 1.5 seasons. As frustrated as I am, this season is not bad enough to warrant pulling the plug after two years. With that said, I strongly disagree with people saying he needs 3-4 recruiting classes to get his own guys before he can be judged, because any team can be built into a contender in the portal. The pressure is on for him to build a tournament team this Spring, and he knows that.

Guys, we don’t need a ‘state of the program’ post everytime we get our butts handed to us.
Really, you think the 5th winningest program should become accustomed to getting blown out in every loss or nearly every time they are on the ESPN mothership, where they are embarrassed in a standalone TV window before the NFL playoffs get kicked off? I think they are warranted until they can learn to be more competitive in these games.

I think AA is doing a decent job however the challenge with a continuity hire meant there wouldn't be much roster turnover seeing how AA played an integral role in recruiting these players. I think we have to ask is the best recruiting class under JB, where they should be progress wise mid way through their sophomore year?
MacLeod has been a disappointment. JJ does not look like a McD AA from just 2 years ago. I liked the move to bring in him in but the production hasn't been there. Cuffe is an adequate rotation player.
Today's loss felt like a continuation of JB blowouts.
Guys, you need to relax. This is year one in Coach Autry‘s career. Yes we are getting blown out by teams more talented than us but we are winning The games were supposed to win. We need wins, the next game at Pitt is just as important as this game at Carolina where we’ve never won.

Exposed today? If you or anyone watching didn’t know before you don’t watch basketball.

He should get a third year unless he goes full Kenny Payne the next 1.5 seasons. As frustrated as I am, this season is not bad enough to warrant pulling the plug after two years. With that said, I strongly disagree with people saying he needs 3-4 recruiting classes to get his own guys before he can be judged, because any team can be built into a contender in the portal. The pressure is on for him to build a tournament team this Spring, and he knows that.
Does he? I hope you are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom