Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

From http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=898722
New Hampton fell at home on Wednesday to Wilbraham & Monson by a count of 82-65. After a mostly even first half, Wilbraham closed the opening frame on a 12-2 run to take a 42-30 lead into the break. The Huskies were able to cut it to five at 62-57 with eight minutes left, but continued poor shooting and inability to get stops allowed Wilbraham to pull away. Aubrey Dawkins '14 (Stanford, CA) led the way with 13 points, while Jeremy Miller '15 (Milton, MA) added 12 and Tyler Lydon '15 (Elisaville, NY) scored 10 while grabbing 8 rebounds. The Huskies are back in action on Friday as they travel to Rhode Island College as part of the National Prep School Invitational. The Huskies will battle South Kent in what will count as a league game. Tip-off is at 4:30.

I know you highlighted commits but...
Bryant #14
Diagne #29
I know nothing about Thomas Bryant. He is most likely a fine young man. That being said, I think that the quality of the kids, both on and off the court, who come here from Africa to play basketball, is absolutely outstanding. I don't recall ever hearing about any of these kids, at any colleges, getting into trouble or being a bad teammate, whereas it is almost always the coddled American AAU kid that is trouble. Give me 13 BMKs on the SU roster and I will be happy.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, there appears to be a recently concerted effort by JB and staff to recruit good kids who happen to be very good basketball players. I like this team, and last year's as well, the error in judgment by MCW aside.

I know nothing about Thomas Bryant. He is most likely a fine young man. That being said, I think that the quality of the kids, both on and off the court, who come here from Africa to play basketball, is absolutely outstanding. I don't recall ever hearing about any of these kids, at any colleges, getting into trouble or being a bad teammate, whereas it is almost always the coddled American AAU kid that is trouble. Give me 13 BMKs on the SU roster and I will be happy.
Agreed.
I actually saw this same subject discussed on another board and the consensus was the same. The Africans who've come to play in the US, although short of experience & polish, always seem to give max effort on the court. Going back as far as Olajuwan, Mutombo, Okafor, to today's mostly unknowns & role players, they always put in a hard days work.
I won't judge about the "coddled" American kids, maybe its just a question of numbers. But if you give me a big African dude in the middle of the zone, then I'm feelin' a lot more comfortable. :cool:

Agreed.
I actually saw this same subject discussed on another board and the consensus was the same. The Africans who've come to play in the US, although short of experience & polish, always seem to give max effort on the court. Going back as far as Olajuwan, Mutombo, Okafor, to today's mostly unknowns & role players, they always put in a hard days work.
I won't judge about the "coddled" American kids, maybe its just a question of numbers. But if you give me a big African dude in the middle of the zone, then I'm feelin' a lot more comfortable. :cool:
Michael Olowokandi didn't

Michael Olowokandi didn't
What's that old saying? ;)
apple.jpg

Lydon scores 11 points then 10 in his last two. New Hampton has played very well lately, winning their last 5.
A few games prior, he had a decent rebounding streak of double digits. Not scoring huge, but I honestly don't know of his playing time. Some of these prep schools are so deep that even guys like Buss and Hammer got plenty of rest. Very nice still is that he has had a strong rebounding effort this season.

You will have to play with the links a little to navigate back and forth, but easy to get used to.
http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=157983
http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=902942

Lydon scores 11 points then 10 in his last two. New Hampton has played very well lately, winning their last 5.
A few games prior, he had a decent rebounding streak of double digits. Not scoring huge, but I honestly don't know of his playing time. Some of these prep schools are so deep that even guys like Buss and Hammer got plenty of rest. Very nice still is that he has had a strong rebounding effort this season.

You will have to play with the links a little to navigate back and forth, but easy to get used to.
http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=157983
http://www.newhampton.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=902942
They have had several blowouts as of late and NHS rolls about 10-11 deep with their rotation. So I doubt Tyler is playing much whenever the game gets out of hand.

From Nerr, another nice outing from Lydon in a tight loss in the finals.

"Class AAA – Brewster 68 New Hampton 63

The third seeded Huskies made it clear from the opening tip that they were here to play, starting the game with a 9-0 and controlling the action for the majority of the first 20 minutes. Unsigned senior Elijah Bryant couldn’t have been much better in the first half, scoring 16 points while also taking care of the ball from the point guard position, but of course Brewster was just too talented to not make a run, and that spurt came at the hands of Devonte Graham and Max Twyman, who cut the deficit to four heading into the locker room.

If the first half belonged to Bryant for New Hampton, the second half was
Tory Miller time as the Huskies began to pound it inside to their center with terrific results as he finished with 14 points. Junior forward Tyler Lydon was impressive for New Hampton as well and has undoubtedly made huge strides since the beginning of the season.
Jared Terrell was a second half sparkplug for Brewster, attacking the rim with reckless abandon and throwing down two huge dunks to spark the crowd, while also making a number of key plays on the defensive end, none of which was bigger than a steal in the last 30 seconds of the game that came when New Hampton was looking for a potential three-pointer to tie the game.

Terrell and Graham both finished with 14 and 15 points respectively for Brewster while junior guard
Donovan Mitchell earned MVP honors with 15 after icing the game at the free-throw line in the final minute. Bryant and Miller led the way for New Hampton with 18 and 14 respectively while Lydon and Mike Leblanc each had 10."

When I watch some of Lydon's highlights I'm reminded a bit of a certain kid from my hometown (Sam Dekker) who is having a solid sophomore season at Wisconsin. He is a combo forward with good athleticism and solid all around skills. Sam was a fringe top 100 player in his class as a junior who blew up during the AAU season before his senior year and ended up a consensus top 25 recruit. I would not be surprised to see the same trajectory with Tyler's ranking over the next year.

When I watch some of Lydon's highlights I'm reminded a bit of a certain kid from my hometown (Sam Dekker) who is having a solid sophomore season at Wisconsin. He is a combo forward with good athleticism and solid all around skills. Sam was a fringe top 100 player in his class as a junior who blew up during the AAU season before his senior year and ended up a consensus top 25 recruit. I would not be surprised to see the same trajectory with Tyler's ranking over the next year.
I think that Tyler's biggest job before he gets her this fall is to build up his body with muscle mass. If he comes in strong I think this kid will be a star on the court for the Orange.

I think that Tyler's biggest job before he gets her this fall is to build up his body with muscle mass. If he comes in strong I think this kid will be a star on the court for the Orange.

Lydon is in the class of 2015.