Fantasy Baseball 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Fantasy Baseball 2017

TDTOrange

Starter
Moving this over to the sports board from OT board hell.

The league has been renewed. Hopefully everyone from last year can still play. Here are the managers I can identify or remember:
Symphony Steve
MSOrange
Alsacs
HakAttack (defending champion!)
SUFaninNJ
Knicks411
OttoinGrotto
OrangeFoo
Guy Fawkes

There are 2 I can't pull right now, so if anyone else remembers, please tag them. When I auto-renewed, it kept all the teams from last year, so if you can't play or don't confirm somehow I will delete the team so someone else can join. For those not on the list that wants to play, let me know so I can get you on the waiting list.

Don't panic over draft or roster status right now. I imported everything from last year so rosters carried over, so we can still consider keepers although I'm thinking we will not use them. We'll most likely schedule a live draft for some time in late March.

You're forgetting me, Bruh.

I politely decline inclusion and thank you for remembering me.

I'm terrible at keeping track of fantasy baseball. You can find a better poster to take my spot.

I politely decline inclusion and thank you for remembering me.

I'm terrible at keeping track of fantasy baseball. You can find a better poster to take my spot.

I think you're underestimating your posting skills. As far as your fantasy baseball skills, you fit right in

Guys, I haven't had a fantasy baseball team in about 10 years (I play multiple football teams every season). If you are looking for a new owner, I may be interested.

I am in but would prefer if we change to 5 by 5 if we can vote on it.

R, HR, RBI, SB and OBP or AVG
Ks, WHIP, Saves, ERA, and Wins or Qs
Would be what I propose if we could vote on it.

Defending champ here! Are we doing keepers? If so, how many? Three? Four? I wouldn't do more than that because then it gets murky.

Also, I vote to keep the categories the way they are. AVG rewards guys with less power who still hit for a high average, and OBPS rewards guys with power who walk a lot. I think you need both Wins and QS because let's face it, if you're in the AL, you're getting left in longer as a pitcher.

am i the only one who prefers roto?

I don't like Roto in fantasy sports because if you don't draft well, it's over. At least with H2H there's variation throughout the year and it is more balanced for all.

I don't like Roto in fantasy sports because if you don't draft well, it's over. At least with H2H there's variation throughout the year and it is more balanced for all.

Another thing in the roto leagues I've been in from the past, it seemed to become impossible to have much movement in the standings when you get to a certain point in the season.

Another thing in the roto leagues I've been in from the past, it seemed to become impossible to have much movement in the standings when you get to a certain point in the season.

That's my biggest problem with playing Roto. The suspense is over quite early.

Can we change the draft time? I have class on Wednesdays until 9pm.

I'm still on the fence about keepers. Yahoo doesn't seem to make it very easy to be an un-involved commissioner there. I'd have to manually enter a cost for each potential keeper and then manually place each kept player into a respective draft slot. Seems like more work than I'm interested in doing.

If there's a strong desire to change the scoring categories, I'm all ears but I feel the current ones provide good balance. And I agree with those above regarding roto vs. H2H. It seems that the haves and have-nots are determined quite early in roto leagues with little chance of movement, where H2H offers the ability to have a couple good weeks and improve your lot greatly.

But I am a commish of the people, so make your opinions known. Draft tentatively set for Weds Mar 29 at 8:30.

Waiting list is as follows:
FreakTalksAboutSU
Briancuse

I'm going to give OttoinGrotto some time to rethink his position. And the 12th owner is still M.I.A. Can all other owners confirm their entries? Please include your team name if it's not obvious, so I don't end up deleting the wrong teams?

Signing up for the football league next year if possible. 10/10 will shame you all.

I'm still on the fence about keepers. Yahoo doesn't seem to make it very easy to be an un-involved commissioner there. I'd have to manually enter a cost for each potential keeper and then manually place each kept player into a respective draft slot. Seems like more work than I'm interested in doing.

If there's a strong desire to change the scoring categories, I'm all ears but I feel the current ones provide good balance. And I agree with those above regarding roto vs. H2H. It seems that the haves and have-nots are determined quite early in roto leagues with little chance of movement, where H2H offers the ability to have a couple good weeks and improve your lot greatly.

But I am a commish of the people, so make your opinions known. Draft tentatively set for Weds Mar 29 at 8:30.

Waiting list is as follows:
FreakTalksAboutSU
Briancuse

I'm going to give OttoinGrotto some time to rethink his position. And the 12th owner is still M.I.A. Can all other owners confirm their entries? Please include your team name if it's not obvious, so I don't end up deleting the wrong teams?

I wouldn't do an auction draft. I am in a keeper yahoo league for basketball and we just use the first four rounds as keepers. Yahoo automatically assigns them during the draft. It's pretty easy to set up.

And again, another vote for changing the draft time. As defending champ I think I'd have to be able to draft to fairly defend my crown, no?

I wouldn't do an auction draft. I am in a keeper yahoo league for basketball and we just use the first four rounds as keepers. Yahoo automatically assigns them during the draft. It's pretty easy to set up.

And again, another vote for changing the draft time. As defending champ I think I'd have to be able to draft to fairly defend my crown, no?
Yes, draft time can be changed. I'd like to do it that week sometime. Day and time are adjustable to get the most participation, and I'll count your vote 2x for being defending champ. :)

Sounds good to me! Hope we get a more active league this year!

Any idea on when the draft will take place? I have an extremely active social calendar consisting mostly of me, my couch, and my TV.

Any idea on when the draft will take place? I have an extremely active social calendar consisting mostly of me, my couch, and my TV.

If you can negotiate with your TV and couch to get some free time on Tuesday, March 28 at 8:30, we would love to have you participate in the live online draft. I haven't heard any complaints since I set it then. I'll focus in on it sometime next week and make sure all teams/owners are accounted for, and to give our wait-list folks time to get in for the slackers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom