Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fasten your seatbelt, CTO! (OT)

Here are shots of my back yard and front yard...

Attachments

• IMG_20150127_090555724.jpg
    IMG_20150127_090555724.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20150127_090429024.jpg
    IMG_20150127_090429024.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 98
JB always says the weather in CNY is great for eight months a year and the other four months is basketball season.
You beat me to it...For eight months a year, it's the best weather in the country," Boeheim said. "The other four months, we're playing basketball

Queue the 24 hours a day coverage on NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX for the duration of the storm from Manhattan, the outer boroughs, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut replete with interviews with kids (Do you like the snow? Do you like not having school? What are you going to do?), travelers (How are the roads? Why are you out?), passengers stranded at the airports (How long have you been here? Where are you trying to get to? What has your airline told you?), snow plow operators (How are the roads? How long have you been out there?) and various minor government officials as well as the obligatory mayoral and governor press conferences.

Then, once the storm stops, there will be the obligatory, "it has been X amount of time since the storm stopped and my street still hasn't been plowed", pics of sleeping snow plow drivers, pics of buried cars, and the "alternate side back in effect tomorrow despite the fact most cars are buried under 6 feet of snow"

Next week, we should start hearing about the Grand Canyon-sized potholes that are plaguing our roads and highways as well as hearing complaints from residents of the last two streets in NYC to get plowed and people who have gotten parking tickets because their cars are now encased in six feet of ice.

Oh, and every channel will have the "pitchers and catchers report in X days" to make everyone feel like Spring is just around the corner.

Anything I missed?
Well done!
You could work as an assignment editor at any TV station in America.
Maybe an EP.
(Although you didn't schedule buying the obligatory newsroom pizza).
Only a few angles remaining: salt and shovel shortages at Targets...people who have to work in the blizzard...no crime...impending doom from cold snap.

This time around people had to figure out how to justify staying on the air round the clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom