Favorite Former Cuse player week. | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Former Cuse player week.

Flacusian

All Conference
In an effort to fight off the mid summer no college basketball is sight doldrums I was watching some YouTube videos of some of my favorite Cuse players in years past. This video reminded me of how much I loved Rafael Addison and I remember how disappointed I was that he was going to graduate. In watching some of the YouTube videos it is also abundantly apparent how great the Big East was and how instrumental it has been in the development of the Syracuse Basketball Program.

I know that I will miss it big time! I'm expecting that we can forge a new and unique type of tradition and rivalries with the teams in the ACC but I don't think anything will ever compare to the Big East Tourneys that I used to go down to see in the Garden.

My "Favorite Former Cuse player of the week: Rafael Addison

My favorite former Cuse player? Easy. Lazarus Sims.

Loved watching him run that offense, and while he wasn't a great shooter, he had a knack for making key jumpers. And man, just a wizard with the ball, and some of the best court vision I have ever seen. Ever since Z, 3 has been my favorite number (so obviously it would be 10 if he hadn't changed it).

#20, Sherman Douglas.

Rest of my top five is:

--Derrick Coleman
--John Wallace
--Lazarus Sims
--Jason Hart

Significant, significant honorable mention to Rafael Addison, Hakim Warrick, Billy Owens, Stephen Thompson, Allen Griffin, Andy Rautins, Conrad McRae, Wes Johnson, Pearl, and Scoop Jardine.

Man, were there some great players we've had the pleasure to enjoy over the years!

The man that started the whole thing, the man that built the loud house. The Pearl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Derrick Coleman, the centerpiece to the great SU teams of the late 80's. I loved watching his epic battles with Alonzo Mourning back in the day, he brought the swag and bad ass attitude that was needed when playing Georgetown, Pitt, etc.

first- Ross Kindle
then Eddie Moss
then The Pearl
then Sherman D
Now- Andy Rautins

Leo Rautins. The best pure passer to ever don the Orange.

#20, Sherman Douglas.

Rest of my top five is:

--Derrick Coleman
--John Wallace
--Lazarus Sims
--Jason Hart

Significant, significant honorable mention to Rafael Addison, Hakim Warrick, Billy Owens, Stephen Thompson, Allen Griffin, Andy Rautins, Conrad McRae, Wes Johnson, Pearl, and Scoop Jardine.

Man, were there some great players we've had the pleasure to enjoy over the years!
I like most of your list but would add Rony Seikaly.

I have to go with #44, John Wallace. Just a joy to watch. The 1996 Final Four run was my freshmen year on The Hill, such great memories. Plus, the guy bleeds Orange to this day.

Testicular Fortitude > Style. Gerry McNamara every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hak.

I freaking love this montage. Of the 145,294 times it has been viewed on Youtube, I can conservatively estimate that about 120K of them are from me.

My favorite dunk is at the 2:35 mark, at Rutgers in 2005 in the midst of a furious second half comeback. One power dribble... GET OFF ME!!

My favorite is at 3:30, the ridiculous one handed monster dunk from a standstill against Notre Dame.

The man that started the whole thing, the man that built the loud house. The Pearl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I've never seen a more unstoppable offensive force who played the game exclusively on the ground. What a pleasure to watch. Pearl gets my vote, too.

I freaking love this montage. Of the 145,294 times it has been viewed on Youtube, I can conservatively estimate that about 120K of them are from me.

My favorite dunk is at the 2:35 mark, at Rutgers in 2005 in the midst of a furious second half comeback. One power dribble... GET OFF ME!!

Yeah, and he was so assertive going to the rim soph year on. Good stuff!

How can I pick just one? If pressed .....I'd say Roosevelt Bouie.

I have to go with #44, John Wallace. Just a joy to watch. The 1996 Final Four run was my freshmen year on The Hill, such great memories. Plus, the guy bleeds Orange to this day.

My favorite as well. Graduated from ESF in 1995 and wished I still had been around for that run

Wendell Alexis, Hopkins, Z, Edelin, Hakim, Scoop. Next: ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom