Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Festivus - Time for Syracusefan's Annual Airing of Grievances

The Skittles commercial with those 2 strange kids, one with skittles all over his face. Then the girl (yeww - hate even thinking of it) picks a skittle off the boy's face and eats it. Creepy crawly tv ad. :vomit:

I'll take Peter Pan Geico's commercial any day over Skittles- that "Peter" is obnoxiously good but running it constantly has killed it.

People that start off sentences by saying "To be honest with you, ..."

So you're finally telling the truth as opposed to before?

And women that preface every expression with "he's like... bla bla bla and she was like... bla bla bla." That might have been acceptable when you're 12, not when you're 30.

Can I tell you, "can I tell you" is a terrible way to start off telling me something? I'm not punching you in the face, so let's just assume I'm okay with you telling me something. No need for the precursor.

Since mosquitoes have already been covered...fire ants.

Sorry, but I love fire ants. And that's because I live in Vermont where we don't have them. So that means every single time I see one of those hills, I kick it. I'm such a child. I'm sure the guy I was working with at Fort Stewart a couple weeks ago was pretty tired of my "ant"ics. Ha. I just made a mini-pun. Yay for me. Time to drink?

Sorry, but I love fire ants. And that's because I live in Vermont where we don't have them. So that means every single time I see one of those hills, I kick it. I'm such a child. I'm sure the guy I was working with at Fort Stewart a couple weeks ago was pretty tired of my "ant"ics. Ha. I just made a mini-pun. Yay for me. Time to drink?
Sounds like maybe you already started. ;)

"Unsettled" weather.

No room for dessert.

People sitting behind me who constantly complain about the game while the ball is in play.

"Shooting a deuce for the cuse"

When my wine glass is M/T

Floridians who post pictures of sunny weather in February.
Stop it...just stop it !

The penultimate grievance: Hearing "Dave your wings are ready" only to find out someone else named Dave jump ahead on your order!

Drivers who poke along in the passing lane on the highway. Move the hell over!

Traffic!

Drivers who don't wave or acknowledge you to say thanks when you let them in or let them go ahead of you.

When you hit Yes for a receipt at gas station and it tells you to see attendant.

These first two — I wanna /LIKE/ them to infinity.

The stores that put the largest sized pants on the bottom shelf, knowing that the people who would have to wear those pants are not real good at bending over.

Pants that either have no size label or it it obscured.

Pants that either have no size label or it is obscured and it's on the bottom shelf.

People who STILL do not have an EZ-Pass and traffic backups up at the toll booth.

People who STILL do not have an EZ-Pass and traffic backups up at the toll booth.

Sorry. I don't have one. Then again, we don't have tolls in Vermont, or therefore ez-pass. I always try to have my exact toll ready though.

When you get a brand new mattress, your 4 year old son has been doing great sleeping in his own bed and hasn't had a night time accident in months, and you wake up to both find him in your bed and that he peed in the night. Oh, and it's also a pillow top.

Really chaps my hide when that happens.

People who don't pay attention at sporting events... Yes Clemson fans who made out in front of me for the entire game... If there was something on his neck or ear I think you chewed it off ...

Copiously. :)

When people don't pull their car the fluck up when parking, because if they did, you could fit another car behind them. Instead, these a$$holes take up space that would easily fit two cars.

People that live on Euclid are the #1 offender of this. I've never seen it so bad anywhere else.

People who make you take your shoes off entering their house. We don't live in Japan - OK?

you come into my house your shoes are left in the back porch mudroom.
if you want to be stylish best match your socks to your frocks.
no trackers means that much less cleaning for me. sorry if you're shorter
but i have several high priced orientl area rugs that cost a fortune to clean
and we love eggnog. and brandy and rum. and argyles.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom