FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

Do they have a penalty rule about excessively faking an injury or bump, or is that just part of the game?

Yeah you can get carded or even sent off unlike the NBA, or the NFL.

I would love to see the NBA and college call fouls on players that flop on offense and likewise find a means to end plays like when teams like the Giants or teams playing vs Oregon have multiple guys drop with "injuries" at the same time.

Last edited:
Yeah you can get carded or even sent off unlike the NBA, or the NFL.

I love it when players don't celebrate if they score against one of their old clubs. The classiest players are even apologetic. It's one of the most sporting things about football and a great show of respect to the opposing fans. It happens in the Premiership and the CL. Not sure about the Continental leagues or MLS.

I love it when players don't celebrate if they score against one of their old clubs. The classiest players are even apologetic. It's one of the most sporting things about football and a great show of respect to the opposing fans. It happens in the Premiership and the CL. Not sure about the Continental leagues or MLS.

Likewise.

Glen Johnson when he scored v West Ham

"I knew from the beginning that if I scored I was not going to celebrate. I spent the longest part of my young career here [West Ham United] I've got a lot of love for the club and the fans so I tried not to celebrate.

It was a nice strike I got behind it well. As soon as I hit it, I thought this has got a chance. Any other ground and I would have gone crazy."

Earth to the Mexican Manager...this match can be won, tell your guys to move into the box!

Wow. 2 great chances for Mexico at the end. Ceasar parried that last shot right in front. Good positioning by the defender to thwart the rebound shot.

Next time someone asks me how I can possibly watch a game that ends 0-0, I'm going to show them that game.

Tiago Silva is no John Brooks. Hehe. He's got to put that header away unmarked from 5 yards out. Great game. Great tourney so far.

Tiago Silva is no John Brooks. Hehe. He's got to put that header away unmarked from 5 yards out. Great game. Great tourney so far.
You are right though. He should have scored that

Watching this South Korea-Russia match can the Koreans be any more dirty? I want them to win because of my geopolitical disdain for Russia. Korea has 3 yellow cards and are lucky this ref hasn't booked more guys. It looks like group H is the weakest one over group C.

If the USA could beat Portugal which I would settle for a draw, but if they won playing Germany for the top over group G would enable the USA to avoid Belgium. I think Belgium is by far the most likely knockout opponent we would face if we are lucky to advance and they are scary good. Belgium destroyed us in Cleveland 4-2 last year they are good.