FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

T minus 9 hours until sh** gets real. Will a ref finally allow the home team to lose?
I expect FIFA to assign Howard Webb to this Germany-Brazil match. He is the Nick Bavette ref from the NBA for FIFA.

Germany-Brazil seems destined for PKs.

I expect FIFA to assign Howard Webb to this Germany-Brazil match. He is the Nick Bavette ref from the NBA for FIFA.

Germany-Brazil seems destined for PKs.

Ref is from Mexico. I'm expecting a physical game but more cards than the last time out. I feel like refs are told to be card shy at this point to keep guys from being suspended in the final.

Ref is from Mexico. I'm expecting a physical game but more cards than the last time out. I feel like refs are told to be card shy at this point to keep guys from being suspended in the final.
If the ref is Rodriguez from Mexico expect a clown show. He was the ref from Suarez biting the Italian and he was horrible that game. The red card given to Italy was shaky at best.

If the ref is Rodriguez from Mexico expect a clown show. He was the ref from Suarez biting the Italian and he was horrible that game. The red card given to Italy was shaky at best.

Marco Rodriguez from Mexico is the ref. If you don't have it, FotMob, is by far the best free app out there and you'll be very happy to have it after you see all the stuff it can do. Trust me on that and check it out.

As for the Italian red card I think it was a red similar to Henderson's red card vs Man City for us. It wasn't malicious but it was dangerous so I couldn't gripe too much.

I just hope the ref doesn't get baited into sending off a German player. I expect Brazil's flopping to be off the charts given their player losses. I expect Germany to advance with a 2-0 win. Muller will be an awkward handful for the rusty Dante (his club teammate) all day.

I just hope the ref doesn't get baited into sending off a German player. I expect Brazil's flopping to be off the charts given their player losses. I expect Germany to advance with a 2-0 win. Muller will be an awkward handful for the rusty Dante (his club teammate) all day.
I hope Germany loses by 10

I heard that Sepp was going to spot Brazil two goals in honor of equal play and sportsmanship since Neymar was brutalized.

If the ref wasn't spotting Brasil countless uncalled fouls early in the game I'd imagine the flying knee slam in Neymar's back doesn't happen later. Perhaps Blatter should have a go about refs too scared to call things on the home club. Actually for all my quarrels with Howard Webb he seems to be one of the best at not letting a home crowd steer his decisions.

Howard Webb is to giving out yellow cards as Tim Higgins/Jim Burr are to giving BS fouls in college basketball.
Webb's performance at the 2010 WC final was legendarily bad. He gave out like 11 yellow cards and let De Guzman get away with a karate chop without a red card.

W
If the ref wasn't spotting Brasil countless uncalled fouls early in the game I'd imagine the flying knee slam in Neymar's back doesn't happen later. Perhaps Blatter should have a go about refs too scared to call things on the home club. Actually for all my quarrels with Howard Webb he seems to be one of the best at not letting a home crowd steer his decisions.
Webb did the Brazil-Chile round of 16 match so he may get the WC final again.

Would be interesting to know who everyone thinks the best EPL refs are. For my money I'd take Probert, Clattenberg, and Oliver for every match I could.

Would be interesting to know who everyone thinks the best EPL refs are. For my money I'd take Probert, Clattenberg, and Oliver for every match I could.
Clattenberg is a showoff. Too much preening. He thinks he is playing.

I like Webb and Kevin Friend is good because he is invisible most matches, which is all you really want from a ref.

Clattenberg is a showoff. Too much preening. He thinks he is playing.

I like Webb and Kevin Friend is good because he is invisible most matches, which is all you really want from a ref.

Which is funny because my top 3 hated refs are that ****ing oompa loompa known as Phil Dowd, Howard Webb, and Kevin "nobodies" Friend.

The worst ref in BPL was one from a match I will never forget Man U vs Arsenal at Old Trafford in 2003-2004: YouTube it the ref gave Man U a penalty in the lastly minute and gave a red card to an Arsenal player. Ruud van Nistelrooy hit the penalty off the bar and the match ended in a draw and the Arsenal players taunted van Nistelrooy badly after the match. I will have to check who that ref was.

Worst ref in BPL Steve Bennett. He was the guy I was talking about above.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/07/liverpool-want-75m-luis-suarez-fee-one-payment/
upload_2014-7-8_14-46-32-jpeg.17305

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-8_14-46-32.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-8_14-46-32.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 129