Filipowski better be suspended | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

So it was his fault. He got what he had coming to him. Look, Buddy punched a kid and the refs didn't see it. The review showed it and he was rightfully suspended for a game. Flip tripped a kid. The refs didn't see it. He should be suspended but he probably won't be. One is right and one is wrong. It really is that simple.
There is a difference between Duke and Syracuse. Duke is co-host of ACC and Syracuse is a guest of ACC.

Ingram put both hands on him pushing him down going forward, Duke can make the plausible argument that he was trying to get up. Ingram initiated contact.

This isn't Grayson Allen, just my opinion.

This will be successfully argued.

This is Duke and UNC and it's the ACC Tourney we're talking about...

To dish-out any punishment that could help prevent the rematch of UNC-DUKE in the ACC Tournament final is not an option for the Greensboro Mafia.

There's no way ACC conference brass would stand in the way of making that rematch happen.

Last edited:
No. The OP said Buddy “decided to” put himself before the team. He certainly did not.
As to the suspension, intent was not relevant.
He chose to lose control of his emotions and it cost him and the team. It was phenomenally dumb, and we have many players that have done far less that have been castigated by fans much, much worse.

Agree on part one, 100%.

I think he tripped the kid, but the way the play went down he'll get away with it. UNC kid could've taken a different path down court and that's what Duke will argue if it gets to a point where they need to argue anything.
yikes you’re doing the definition of victim blaming in this thread. It’s quite obvious you don’t know of the term “basketball play” but here’s a tip, intentionally tripping someone isn’t a basketball play.

This is some street ball action by Buddy. I kinda like it. :cool:

Look at the sequence before Buddy's punch. The opponent purposely took his weight and bumped into Buddy. While I know the bump is considered a basketball play, he completely dislodged Buddy (bumper car action). Buddy found that to be BS, hence the punch to the guy's gut. I'm okay with that.
Yeah, no. Punching the other player was stupid. The game was a blow out and buddy was the most prolific scorer on a team that needed to make a deep run in the ACCT. It was beyond stupid and not an adults reaction.

If Ingram didn't push off on a player on the ground nothing would've happened. (I know the league is only supposed to govern the trip and declare intent, good luck)

Flip's playing Thursday, hope we are too.

I watched again and paid more attention to ingram. If you think thats pushing off i dont know what to tell you. He was off balance and put his left arm out to avoid a collission with flip. There was no pushing off. There was no foul. That stuff happens all the time. If there wasnt a trip that woulda been a meaningless forgettable play.

It wasnt as bad as people are making it out to be. Its all Duke hatred (And i hate duke)

The kid he “Tripped” didnt biff it hard so it was overblown. Should have been a flagrant one called and move on. If we werent going to be possibly playing Duke noone would give a crap.
There’s plenty of non-Syracuse fans, and non-North Carolina fans that are busting the same narrative, so you’re argument is stupid

My foot slipped!

IMG_6898.jpeg

There have to be several instances of this happening this year where it was caught and reviewed during the game. Was it deemed F1 or F2 in those instances?

Also, what has Scheyer said about this?

Bayside, I like you. You know that. XC isn't his DR. But you have become Flip's lawyer. Probably tripped him? Come on. If you aren't sure he tripped him on purpose, I want you on a jury if I ever do something wrong.

I could never vote guilty on you dasher . Your intentions are pure.

Last edited:
Yea, but its not a flagrant. Lots of common fouls are missed, flagrant fouls are far more egregious to miss. Flip is intentionally looking to hurt a player, pretty simple, the UNC player may have been a jerk, not sure, but retaliation like tripping is by far not warranted. Then to deny he did it is gutless. Flip is a tool.

Here's my more fundamental problem and it truly has nothing to do with Flip or Duke or UNC.

There are three guys on the court making a couple of thousand of bucks an hour to govern this stuff, and things will be missed. And until around now everyone accepted that.

Watching a game after it's over to find missed calls - which this is - even with trips and shivs and everything else - is a bottomless pit of bad, IMO.

yikes you’re doing the definition of victim blaming in this thread. It’s quite obvious you don’t know of the term “basketball play” but here’s a tip, intentionally tripping someone isn’t a basketball play.

Thanks coach. Now I know!

I don’t want the asterisk when we rock Duke Thursday night if Trip was sitting. ACCT isn’t a home game for Duke this year.

I watched again and paid more attention to ingram. If you think thats pushing off i dont know what to tell you. He was off balance and put his left arm out to avoid a collission with flip. There was no pushing off. There was no foul. That stuff happens all the time. If there wasnt a trip that woulda been a meaningless forgettable play.

Ingram took two steps towards Flip, had his right hand on Flip's hip and left on his back and was gaining advantage by leaving the other guy behind him. That's what a push off is.

“Defend the Boeheim name” is freaking hilarious!!!! If there is one thing this board was known for it was giving Buddy a pass because of his dad. All we ever did as a board was make excuses for the Boeheims. Some of y’all have the worst memories I swear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom