Filipowski better be suspended | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Filipowski better be suspended

I don’t even care that they are playing us next. If they were playing BC I’d say he should be suspended. This is Draymond Green/Grayson Allen level sht. No, it wasn’t a punch, but when he got injured after the awake game he was trying to trip that fan too. If I’m another AD in the league I’m making a huge deal of this.
Every school in the conference should be contacting Greensboro tomorrow

Selfish Syracuse fan counter point...

We should want Flip to play because the only way we get even on the bubble is beating them and UNC, full strength. Yes, I know its tougher (prob impossible), but that's the realistic spot we're in.

Selfish Syracuse fan counter point...

We should want Flip to play because the only way we get even on the bubble is beating them and UNC, full strength. Yes, I know its tougher (prob impossible), but that's the realistic spot we're in.

Nobody’s gonna slap an asterisk on a W over Dook if Trip, er, Flip is DQ’d.

Did we get an asterisk when we beat Oregon?
With half their team out?

No. we did not. It counts 100% as a W.

For anyone who’s said that Filipowski didn’t know what he was doing:

Also, lol at referencing players from 35 years ago, in an effort to defend the Boeheim name.
In 4 of those 6 pictures there’s a dude with a hand or two on a guys back who is on the ground, nobody outside a couple people want to talk about that.

Nobody’s gonna slap an asterisk on a W over Dook if Trip, er, Flip is DQ’d.

Did we get an asterisk when we beat Oregon?
With half their team out?

No. we did not. It counts 100% as a W.
You’re speaking as if the selections are not done by humans with biases

Didn't read all the thread.

But doesn't the ACC have a specific rule regarding punches thrown.

Maybe they need to create the "Grayson Allen" rule, that treats trips the same.,,, and then extend it to whatever else these entitled Duke babies might do... no eye gouges, titty twisters, wet willies, etc.

In 4 of those 6 pictures there’s a dude with a hand or two on a guys back who is on the ground, nobody outside a couple people want to talk about that.

It’s been tossed around - that said to me it looks like Ingram is on the ground rolls over and in an effort to get into the play again uses Filipowski to get up unintentionally as opposed to going around him- very common thing to do in the moment and Kyle decides to toss the leg up to trip him not realizing it wasn’t intentional or just to stop him from getting down court.

Ingram took two steps towards Flip, had his right hand on Flip's hip and left on his back and was gaining advantage by leaving the other guy behind him. That's what a push off is.

So what’s the call then? An instinct play to use a player to get back up that’s bang bang should be a common foul and then the blatant trip should be what? Not sure how Ingram’s play in any way minimizes Filipowskis much more deviant play.

It’s a stupid play by Filipowski and I guess you could argue a loose ball foul on Ingram at the most.

It’s been tossed around - that said to me it looks like Ingram is on the ground rolls over and in an effort to get into the play again uses Filipowski to get up unintentionally as opposed to going around him- very common thing to do in the moment and Kyle decides to toss the leg up to trip him not realizing it wasn’t intentional or just to stop him from getting down court.
Unintentional? Come on…

not sure i'd equate a reverse prone donkey trip attempt to a standing punch thrown in anger.

Another excuse Tripkowski can use, he was only doing a stretch before he got up.

Unintentional? Come on…

Duke operates under the following principle - fool me once, fool me twice, fool me 3 times, fool me 4 times, fool me 5 times, fool me 6 times...**** it I can get away with anything.

Unintentional? Come on…

I dunno man- it was quick and it’s not like he clearly pushes him down Draymond style and looks to make sure he doesn’t get up… who honestly is just running around the Filipowski to get back into the play? Maybe he’s got us fooled and is clearly shoving him into the ground and making it look good?

But let’s say he’s going full Draymond then - what’s the call on them both? The trip a fair retaliation you have to let go?

To me it looks like hes off balance when he gets up and puts his arm/hand on filipowski to avoid colliding or falling into him or losing his balance. He didnt push him down or shove him.

That’s what I saw but to honor the other point of view if he does at least try to delay Kyle is it truly goading him to retaliate thus you let it go?

Did the hand on the back cause Filipowski to leg whip/trip Ingram? Was the hand on the back a flagrant non-basketball act?

Flip also got injured trying to trip the Wake Forest fan during the court storming. Once he can get a pass at it being an accident, but twice……? No.

To me it looks like hes off balance when he gets up and puts his arm/hand on filipowski to avoid colliding or falling into him or losing his balance. He didnt push him down or shove him.
So wouldn’t that be a foul?

I don’t think that’s what he was suggesting. Wink!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom