Class of 2015 - Final Recruiting Comments... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Final Recruiting Comments...

Hey Y'all -

Just stopping by to let you all know I did not get the head coaching position. I received a call this afternoon from the Athletic Director this afternoon. We chatted for a bit about why, and while I won't go into too many details (small profession, small world), they wanted someone with more experience. There was also a comment about how there was fear among some people on the search committee that my "Northern Style Attitude" wouldn't be a good fit.

Disappointed, as I really thought I knocked the interview out of the park. I'll take the rest of the day to clear my thoughts, sulk it up a bit, and get my head right. Tomorrow it's back to off-season workouts with my current team. I'll use this as a learning experience. I came close; I'll make some adjustments and hopefully nail the next one that comes along!

I appreciate the good thoughts, posts, and PMs sent. Even though there are some loose cannons, this is a great community. Let's end the recruiting season with a bang!
That is not a job you want. Better things ahead so be thankful you didn't wind up in a bad situation. The right fit will come along soon enough. Best.

"Northern Style Attitude " is code for too competent, knows too much for his age and makes us look dumb. This may have been the job you wanted Jack, but it wasn't the job for you. They would have made your life very unhappy. You will find your job…
I agree. It sounds like you showed them the path to big time, and they were afraid.

You are a leader and some school is going to be blessed to provide you with an opportunity. You have already won in the job of life.

Thank you KCSU. That means a lot. Greatly appreciated.

"Northern Style Attitude " is code for too competent, knows too much for his age and makes us look dumb. This may have been the job you wanted Jack, but it wasn't the job for you. They would have made your life very unhappy. You will find your job…

Everything happens for a reason, right? I'll get to where I'm supposed to be.

Basically they thought you were a "damn Yankee"...they are very passive aggressive down South.

Southerners say a Yankee is someone from the North. They say a Damn Yankee is someone who moves down south after growing up living in the North. They say a G** Damn Yankee is someone from the North who moves down south, takes their jobs, and marries their women.

I'm working on being a GD Yankee, and I'll wear the title proudly.

OK enough of the sappy stuff. What is the offense you want to run? Cough it up!

Wow, I am totally impressed with your preparation and how you interviewed.

I'm sure it doesn't feel this way to you now, but someday it will: It's THEIR loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom