Flashback...2 weeks ago tonight this happened | Syracusefan.com

Flashback...2 weeks ago tonight this happened

I thought the Gonzaga comeback was incredible and would go down as one of the better all time Cuse wins considering what we had to do to win that game and that it got us to the elite 8......but I don't know if I've ever been as pumped watching a game for so long as I was during that run against Virginia. Incredibly high stakes, and we just kept making plays after everyone had to have thought we were done(I did, and by early in the 2nd half I was just hoping we could make enough of a run at some point to make the final score look close).

I don't think I've ever just lost it for that long while watching a game. I was a complete madman. Great weekend.

I thought the Gonzaga comeback was incredible and would go down as one of the better all time Cuse wins considering what we had to do to win that game and that it got us to the elite 8...but I don't know if I've ever been as pumped watching a game for so long as I was during that run against Virginia. Incredibly high stakes, and we just kept making plays after everyone had to have thought we were done(I did, and by early in the 2nd half I was just hoping we could make enough of a run at some point to make the final score look close).

I don't think I've ever just lost it for that long while watching a game. I was a complete madman. Great weekend.
No kidding at the end I was standing in my living room yelling "we won"!

OrangeDW said:
I thought the Gonzaga comeback was incredible and would go down as one of the better all time Cuse wins considering what we had to do to win that game and that it got us to the elite 8...but I don't know if I've ever been as pumped watching a game for so long as I was during that run against Virginia. Incredibly high stakes, and we just kept making plays after everyone had to have thought we were done(I did, and by early in the 2nd half I was just hoping we could make enough of a run at some point to make the final score look close).

That Virginia game...I double posted so enjoy the full story.

Last edited:
OrangeDW said:

That Virginia game...

I said to my friends "it's over. We had an incredible run" down 15 with about 10 left. We get it to 9. I go to the bathroom because in a tad bit drunk. I hear cheering outside. I apparently have the worlds largest bladder. Get out of the bathroom and we're down 1. Then we take the lead.

I knew we were going to win that game from that point. It was obvious that Virginia had no answer.

Was a top 5 sports memory for me. Up there with the Block.

The UVA win was one for the ages. We may never see a high stakes game turn as quickly at that one. Under 10 minutes and down 15, I was still hoping they could chip away. Then the tsunami of big plays came and they were suddenly up one with about 6 minutes left and in control. Amazing.

lincolncuse said:
You should have seen the video of Jeremy dancing around his living room and conducting the band during the fight song. My wife and I had to watch it twice we were laughing so hard.

An instant classic?

I too had a feeling of unreality as the lead over Virginia emerged... I was so absolutely sure that Virginia would still come back to win that each moment that went by without that happening seemed like an additional miracle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom