For a team that finished 3-9... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

For a team that finished 3-9...

anomander said:
I love Mackey as much as the next guy, but i'm sorry his loss shouldn't mean an absolute collapse of the offensive line. Plus I thought everyone was high on Miller? I think the comparison is very fair, considering you have a future NFL OT in Hickey, 3 year starters in Foy and Trudo, as well as Robinson who was in his 2nd year starting. Injuries played a part, but even when it was fully intact it struggled. I did say above that the development of Morris, and to an extent McFarlane have been a bit of a disappoint. Same with Wilson and Kimble, although they are still considered young. The reason I came down hard on the OL is because they have the experience, and proved to be a successful unit in the past.

The OL was really good early and then bad late as injuries mounted. I think that's about all we can takeaway from Adams 1st year.

TheCusian said:
The OL was really good early and then bad late as injuries mounted. I think that's about all we can takeaway from Adams 1st year.

They were good against Nova? They were good again when everyone was back against Pitt and BC? They were good in the red zone all year ? They were so good yet we had how many rushing td's? Sorry man I think we can take more away then that for Adams 1st year.

Idk it seems like too many people are fine with passing last season off as plain old bad luck. I just don't get it? What other respectable program would be fine after a 3-9 disaster? Heads would roll. If we had to sacrifice an OL coach with no prior experience, and the only reason he got the job is that he's buddies with the HC then so be it. Plus there's the noise that Adam didn't get along with a few of the offensive coaches. I think the fact that so many people are able to brush off such a terrible season speaks for where our program is at. We are beaten down as a fanbase to a point where we just don't expect any better, and don't hold people accountable for outcomes.

Last edited:
Then explain Villanova, Pitt, and BC. We had absolutely no excuse not to manhandle a group we had out weighed by close to 50lbs per man.

Pitt and BC, we had injuries.

Villanova, the offense sucked--largely because our QB got thrown out of the game, and we weren't able to just ram it down their throat because they didn't fear our ability to pass.

After that game, the OL performed much better until the unit got decimated by injuries. You are putting too much emphasis on the opening game without paying attention to what transpired in that unit afterwards.

Pitt and BC, we had injuries.

Villanova, the offense sucked--largely because our QB got thrown out of the game, and we weren't able to just ram it down their throat because they didn't fear our ability to pass.

After that game, the OL performed much better until the unit got decimated by injuries. You are putting too much emphasis on the opening game without paying attention to what transpired in that unit afterwards.

It didn't matter that we played with our 2nd string qb vs Villanova. We should have been able to tell them what we were doing and still stuff it down their throats. We had our whole OL for the last 2 games, and a full compliment of running backs. We had our TE's, we had our WR's. The only offensive injury was our qb. All things considered at that point our offense was probably more healthy then the majority of the country. It's game 11 and 12. Everybody is banged up, and there are few teams healthy. The Pitt defense got lit up like a Christmas tree all season. We didn't do jack.

There were 2 or 3 games where the OL was completely decimated. The rest of the time we weren't more injured than your average team.

Yes, it is.

And after the game, I'm going to dispel that asinine notion with factual data.

I sometimes question how much college football people on this board watch other then Syracuse Football. Because if you did you'd realize that offensive line injuries are part of the game. You better have 8 bodies that are able to play because that's typically what you need throughout a season.

I sometimes question how much college football people on this board watch other then Syracuse Football. Because if you did you'd realize that offensive line injuries are part of the game. You better have 8 bodies that are able to play because that's typically what you need throughout a season.

Roflmao. I guarantee that I watch more college sports than you do.

I know you're a passionate fan, but given some if your recent posts on BOTH the football and basketball boards, I'm starting to realize that you haven't a clue what you're talking about, and instead present your opinion as fact.

Bad combo.

And PS--you said our OL was in impacted by injuries in 2-3 games, just for the record, just so there's no equivocation later.

I know you're a passionate fan, but given some if your recent posts on BOTH the football and basketball boards, I'm starting to realize that you haven't a clue what you're talking about, and instead present your opinion as fact.

Bad combo.

Wait a second did you just accuse me of presenting opinions as fact. hahahaha. man you are the king of that. Shows the perspective you bring to a discussion.

And PS--you said our OL was in impacted by injuries in 2-3 games, just for the record, just so there's no equivocation later.

I said there were only 2 or 3 games where our OL was DECIMATED by injuries. Which decimated can be open to discussion so let's say 2 starters or more.

Wait a second did you just accuse me of presenting opinions as fact. hahahaha. man you are the king of that. Shows the perspective you bring to a discussion.

I couldn't care less about your opinion of me. But that won't prevent me from b-slapping your dopey point about the OL after the game, just to fully demonstrate to all reading this thread how wrong you are, and to put our relative perspectives we're both espousing on this topic into actual perspective.

I couldn't care less about your opinion of me. But that won't prevent me from b-slapping your dopey point about the OL after the game, just to fully demonstrate to all reading this thread how wrong you are, just to put our relative perspectives we bring to the table into actual perspective.

lol ok big guy do your thing.

lol ok big guy do your thing.
"Big guy" -- name calling is a sign that you've already lost the argument. The facts will back that up, BTW.

"Big guy" -- name calling is a sign that you've already lost the argument. The facts will back that up, BTW.

Name calling. Bro you're the one that got all personal over a discussion on a freaking message board.

Name calling. Bro you're the one that got all personal over a discussion on a freaking message board.

If by "personal," you mean having the audacity (gasp!!!) to point out t hat your precious opinion wasnt supported by the facts, guilty as charged.

If by "personal," you mean having the audacity (gasp!!!) to point out t hat your precious opinion wasnt supported by the facts, guilty as charged.

Ok big guy i'll be waiting for you to b-slap me with your factual information.

Bad combo.

Just for the record, since you have absolutely no idea how much sports I watch, this is an opinion not a fact. Ya know just because we are trying to separate opinion and facts and such.

image.jpg

Just for the record, since you have absolutely no idea how much sports I watch, this is an opinion not a fact. Ya know just because we are trying to separate opinion and facts and such.

Very true. But it is an informed opinion, based upon how misinformed many of the opinions you express on the forum seem to be.

Ok big guy i'll be waiting for you to b-slap me with your factual information.

And I'll be waiting for you to split hairs and attempt to spin doctor your way out of admitting you are wrong when the facts don't support your contention.

Very true. But it is an informed opinion, based upon how misinformed many of the opinions you express on the forum seem to be.

Misinformed says who? You? There's another one of your opinions stated as fact.

Misinformed says who? You? There's another one of your opinions stated as fact.

Work on your reading comprehension. Since you love splitting hairs, you'll note above that I said "seem to be." Hence, not a statement of fact.

Work on your reading comprehension. Since you love splitting hairs, you'll note above that I said "seem to be." Hence, not a statement of fact.

Oh my bad that was me splitting hairs on "seems to be". Man you are something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom