For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

I believe verified resale is only those tix put up fro sale through the website which is connected to Ticketmaster. Don’t think it would include StubHub or other ticket sale sites. The dome map wouldn’t know about those.

I believe verified resale is only those tix put up fro sale through the website which is connected to Ticketmaster. Don’t think it would include StubHub or other ticket sale sites. The dome map wouldn’t know about those.
yeah there are a bunch of resell ticket sights now.. Unlees TM has some deal to work with them . I have noticed that sometimes you can see the same ticket for sale on several sites so maybe they do or else the person selling has them listed on both and has some means to stop the ticket from getting sold on both?

It's a good thing I didn't attend that 2008 Penn State game, because I was so impossibly furious at the way that day showed how he destroyed SU football that I'd probably still be in jail for my actions.
We started a walk-on at QB.

Which I suppose means that 14 years later the current situation of starting TE at QB is a total upgrade.

yeah there are a bunch of resell ticket sights now.. Unlees TM has some deal to work with them . I have noticed that sometimes you can see the same ticket for sale on several sites so maybe they do or else the person selling has them listed on both and has some means to stop the ticket from getting sold on both?

People do post tix for resale on multiple sites. Guess to be clearer if you don’t put your tix up for resale through the Su site via Ticketmaster it’s not gonna show up in that map. If you only list it on StubHub or seatgeek I really doubt it shows as resale here.

Even though we have struggled and have struggled a lot, you would think filling our stadium for the most part would not be a challenge. We are smack dab in the middle between so many bigger cities…

Why do I care? Because 30K fans looks like amateur hour..especially on a Saturday night.

Yelling at the offense pretending that we didn't know there was a coaching change and people around us losing their minds that we could be that stupid was the most fun I had during the gerg era

COME ON DELEONE!

I got in an argument with a guy who told me they fired everyone and they have new coaches "What are you talking about, you're making that up"

That whole section was so angry and yelling at us the whole game.

Probably my favorite top row in the Dome experience of all time. (and maybe my only).

Um. . .the league schedule is set by the ACC office, not the SU AD.
That's true, but aren't non-conference games scheduled years before conference games. If we scheduled an away non-conference game for that weekend, it wouldn't be available for a home conference game. Of course, then people would complain we always open on the road. (Really I'm just playing devel's adcocate)

I feel like we are the only fanbase that uses labor day weekend as a reason for poor home attendance. It's really more of an indicator of the priority of college football in the CNY community than anything else. I'm not saying that priority is wrong because I think others prioritize it too high.

Right? Last year’s team was a few plays away from winning 7-8 games. Most of the games were close and exciting. Most of the team is back. This should be pumped out there - that it’s a team ready to break out.

If our storied history isn’t relevant enough, then neither are the Robinson or Shafer years. Casuals don’t even remember their names I bet. Young people and students don’t know or care either.
Casuals don't care about the almosts. They care about whether the team is perceived as good. They want to go if they think it's worth teling other people they went to the game of the good/popular team. They don't care if a team may be ready to break out. They'll wait for the actual breakout.

Ticket Master map cheapest tickets have increased resale by 1.70 and some blue has turned to light blue. May indicate tickets are moving a bit, then again it might not.

That's true, but aren't non-conference games scheduled years before conference games. If we scheduled an away non-conference game for that weekend, it wouldn't be available for a home conference game. Of course, then people would complain we always open on the road. (Really I'm just playing devel's adcocate)

I feel like we are the only fanbase that uses labor day weekend as a reason for poor home attendance. It's really more of an indicator of the priority of college football in the CNY community than anything else. I'm not saying that priority is wrong because I think others prioritize it too high.
I would guess the ACC asks its members to leave a Week 1 empty every few years so that league games can be scheduled to start the season. Helps the ACCN with its inventory, also.

I would guess the ACC asks its members to leave a Week 1 empty every few years so that league games can be scheduled to start the season. Helps the ACCN with its inventory, also.
And a conference home game should boost attendance more than Labor Day hurts it. Ultimately, it comes down to team expectations. If we had won 8 games last year and the year before, we'd have high expectations for this year and would be wondering if we could get 45,000 for this game.

RUN RUN PASS PUNT

Id rather someone just kick me in the gut as hard as they can than listen to some dude hopped up on 25 beers start yelling that phrase. My god is it annoying. I get the punting but if the offense stinks that bad does it really matter what they call, it won't work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom