For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

Per box office, student tickets expanded and are sold out
Otto's Army is doing a great job getting the students out for football right now. Especially for the first game.

I pray it is an entertaining game with a win for the good guys. Many of the students attending will be frosh and this will be their first Syracuse game as a student.

Watching a fun game that ends up as a win will really help to 'set the hook' and make these kids SU football fans for the rest of their college career (and hopefully the rest of their lives).

Now the gripe. I just bought season tickets. I wanted 4 but box office, nor online would allow me 4 seats in a 5 seat block. Fine, can you offer me something equivalent? Them. Sure you can get 4 cheaper tickets x amount of time rows back. Me. I don't want cheaper tickets, I want 4 here. Them. Sorry my system can't do that. Me. There are single tickets avail in lower rows?

Ended up buying all 5 after confirming they'd be used but what in the actual hell. The ticket guy was great but I called up to buy, knowing what I initially wanted, and was told no. 3 phone calls and 45 mins later it's sorted... But thank God I love this team otherwise I'd have hung up after 5 with no tickets brought

Id rather someone just kick me in the gut as hard as they can than listen to some dude hopped up on 25 beers start yelling that phrase. My god is it annoying. I get the punting but if the offense stinks that bad does it really matter what they call, it won't work!

Yeah, but when you account for all those things, and the sarcastic tone with which we delivered it in the first year, post-Deleone, it really worked.

Of course we were 17 years less mature than we are now. Although there's kinda still nowhere to go but up. We just have to keep babies alive.

Even though we have struggled and have struggled a lot, you would think filling our stadium for the most part would not be a challenge. We are smack dab in the middle between so many bigger cities…

Why do I care? Because 30K fans looks like amateur hour..especially on a Saturday night.
You cannot expect people to spend increasing amounts of money on tickets when the coaching staff has not performed and the admin does not advertise well

Now the gripe. I just bought season tickets. I wanted 4 but box office, nor online would allow me 4 seats in a 5 seat block. Fine, can you offer me something equivalent? Them. Sure you can get 4 cheaper tickets x amount of time rows back. Me. I don't want cheaper tickets, I want 4 here. Them. Sorry my system can't do that. Me. There are single tickets avail in lower rows?

Ended up buying all 5 after confirming they'd be used but what in the actual hell. The ticket guy was great but I called up to buy, knowing what I initially wanted, and was told no. 3 phone calls and 45 mins later it's sorted... But thank God I love this team otherwise I'd have hung up after 5 with no tickets brought
Frustrating. They did that to me one off season in January but that makes sense then. They want to hold two seats together to potentially sell. In the end, I bought six vs. the five even though I just wanted one extra seat. A week before the season? Makes far less sense.

Frustrating. They did that to me one off season in January but that makes sense then. They want to hold two seats together to potentially sell. In the end, I bought six vs. the five even though I just wanted one extra seat. A week before the season? Makes far less sense.

Blew my mind. If you're sold out to 90% capacity, fine. I'd love for that to be the case however we all know better

almost all of these systems dont allow single seats to be left in most cases.. it does stop people from creating a buffer which i am sure many would if they allowed it.

almost all of these systems dont allow single seats to be left in most cases.. it does stop people from creating a buffer which i am sure many would if they allowed it.

I believe they probably have a manual override for a case like this

Pretty typical of this box office staff at the dome tho to not be overly helpful

On the positive side, my donor rank has dropped quite a few spots in the last week which tells me that season tickets are definitely still selling

Except 2 rows ahead of my tickets there were 2 separate single tickets available. Additionally, corner seats showed nothing in 4 seat segments available as alternative. The corners.. aka the silver abyss

Id rather someone just kick me in the gut as hard as they can than listen to some dude hopped up on 25 beers start yelling that phrase. My god is it annoying. I get the punting but if the offense stinks that bad does it really matter what they call, it won't work!
There may been a complaint about pass the baloney I'm not sure, you have to go all in

I believe they probably have a manual override for a case like this

Pretty typical of this box office staff at the dome tho to not be overly helpful

On the positive side, my donor rank has dropped quite a few spots in the last week which tells me that season tickets are definitely still selling
our box office wont allow seasons to leave an empty spot.. what people do is release one the next yr.

Yeah, but when you account for all those things, and the sarcastic tone with which we delivered it in the first year, post-Deleone, it really worked.

Of course we were 17 years less mature than we are now. Although there's kinda still nowhere to go but up. We just have to keep babies alive.

‘oh it was you guys saying it? Thought it was some random fan who thought he was being innovative with the play calol bitching! makes sense now!

For any of you who ever run into this for MBB or FB

Reps don't have the authority to pull 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5, or anything that leaves a single. It needs to be approved by a manager, and even then, they still may not allow it for multiple reasons. For MBB you're far less likely to be able to do it given the attendance differences vs FB.

It's certainly frustrating given where FB attendance stands, but anytime you see singles available for seasons, it's likely a carryover from years and years ago and they try to avoid doing it moving forward.

It stinks you basically had to buy the 5th this year, but I believe come renewal time, you'll be allowed to drop it off for next year (don't quote me)

I had basketball seasons for about 30 years, and finished that run in the same 2 seats for about 17 years or so. When my seat partner dropped out, they would not let me drop one either. Made me move so that one seat wasn't left alone.

Reps don't have the authority to pull 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5, or anything that leaves a single. It needs to be approved by a manager, and even then, they still may not allow it for multiple reasons. For MBB you're far less likely to be able to do it given the attendance differences vs FB.

It's certainly frustrating given where FB attendance stands, but anytime you see singles available for seasons, it's likely a carryover from years and years ago and they try to avoid doing it moving forward.

It stinks you basically had to buy the 5th this year, but I believe come renewal time, you'll be allowed to drop it off for next year (don't quote me)

It's not so much that I had to have those seats but that they equally could not show online or offer via phone offer 4 comparable that I could buy. There has to be 10s of thousands of seats available

It's not so much that I had to have those seats but that they equally could not show online or offer via phone offer 4 comparable that I could buy. There has to be 10s of thousands of seats available

Yeah it's what's frustrating.

Back when I was there I got a little more creative -- I would see if there were single-game-tix available for each of the games and change the price code to STH price code -- shh -- don't tell my old bosses. Sometimes it worked out -- revenue counted all the same anyway.

But can certainly understand the annoyance. But as others have said... you *should* be able to drop off that 5th seat this offseason

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying that they don’t allow people to buy single season tickets? I never knew that as we have two.

Yeah it's what's frustrating.

Back when I was there I got a little more creative -- I would see if there were single-game-tix available for each of the games and change the price code to STH price code -- shh -- don't tell my old bosses. Sometimes it worked out -- revenue counted all the same anyway.

But can certainly understand the annoyance. But as others have said... you *should* be able to drop off that 5th seat this offseason
they always have the ability to move a few season tickets around in a row and turn a 1 into a 2 in many cases.. if 1 is left in a row is it really causing an issue in the long run until areas start to get 80% full again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom