For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

When is the last time we had a big opening game crowd? Has to be 2008 when Marrone took over and there were still enough people who remembered when we were good and was hoping that was the beginning of our resurgence. I can probably be proved long, but it felt like we still had decent crowds under Marrone and then things fell off the map.

Outside of the big Clemson game the only time I remember a decent crowd was during the end of the 2018 season.

In other words just Fn win and they will come! Too bad to getting a night game opener against a good Louisville team. It would have been a blast if it were 1992
It will be a blast in my eyes…..when we win.

It will be a blast in my eyes…..when we win.
I shouldn’t have said blast. It’s always a blast for me, but you don’t get those chills, and deafness associated with the noise. That was a real home field advantage that affected other teams and forced fans to pay attention to the game since you could barely even communicate with the person next to you.

When is the last time we had a big opening game crowd? Has to be 2008 when Marrone took over and there were still enough people who remembered when we were good and was hoping that was the beginning of our resurgence. I can probably be proved long, but it felt like we still had decent crowds under Marrone and then things fell off the map.

Outside of the big Clemson game the only time I remember a decent crowd was during the end of the 2018 season.

In other words just Fn win and they will come! Too bad to getting a night game opener against a good Louisville team. It would have been a blast if it were 1992

Tennessee 1998.

I shouldn’t have said blast. It’s always a blast for me, but you don’t get those chills, and deafness associated with the noise. That was a real home field advantage that affected other teams and forced fans to pay attention to the game since you could barely even communicate with the person next to you.

Let's make this happen. I'll be there with my usual crew. Cannot wait!

I couldn’t be more excited about this game.

I know some people disagree but I think this game may be one of the biggest games in awhile for this program. I still truly think this is a must win game and will set the tone for the rest of the season.

We pick up a win here and it sets this team up to try and make a run for a bowl game.

Amped up and can’t wait!!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

2009, GRob was still 2008. And yes that Minnesota game was really full. That was the year that we just left a pile of unpurchased tickets in the middle of the State Fair.

Clemson 2019 was a home opener (but an asterisk because it was our 3rd game). Big crowd, even with the previous week's program killing disaster.

2009, GRob was still 2008. And yes that Minnesota game was really full. That was the year that we just left a pile of unpurchased tickets in the middle of the State Fair.

Clemson 2019 was a home opener (but an asterisk because it was our 3rd game). Big crowd, even with the previous week's program killing disaster.
I went to Clemson 2019 and it was an electric crowd even with the stinker the prior week. The good will of 2018 was still in the air. The Dome felt like it was 1994 when they opened against Oklahoma. Very good crowd.

I went to Clemson 2019 and it was an electric crowd even with the stinker the prior week. The good will of 2018 was still in the air. The Dome felt like it was 1994 when they opened against Oklahoma. Very good crowd.

Agreed. I couldn’t find enough tickets for my friends for that game. Everyone wanted to be in the dome.

I might be naive but I am still hopeful that we can’t get back to that on a regular basis

Yeah, I was there too. Being a night game helped. That was the white t-shirt painting experience of the student section, and human wedge in the east concourse.

It was supposed to be our college gameday appearance, but alas.

Yeah, I was there too. Being a night game helped. That was the white t-shirt painting experience of the student section, and human wedge in the east concourse.

It was supposed to be our college gameday appearance, but alas.

I also think it was the best on campus atmosphere I ever experienced at SU. My small sample size starts in 94 but the school was on fire that day. Weather was incredible, students were partying, etc.

Game Day should have been there no matter what happened week before. We missed a golden opportunity to show off our magnificent campus

NCSt will be big this year.

FWIW, I love attendance threads. Seeing the excitement, tailgating, and plethora of fans excited to see a winner...there is nothing better. The excitement and energy around campus and inside JMA will be insane if we can start off hot. On the other hand, if we start off on a lousy note, the excitement definitely dwindles.

I am hoping for at least 35K for Louisville...wishing for more however. Keep these threads going as it shows the roller coaster ride for fan support throughout the season!
35k diehards in the dome and it rocks I must say. It’s a huge homefield advantage. I expect 35-40k. 5k students at least. It’ll be loud at 8pm I know that

Again. The community and let me say the national media love it when Cuse does well. Our fans are fantastic, and they will support a good team. Dino loves to use the word Cats Well Dino is in my opinion the luckiest Cat to ever work for Syracuse. I hope he doesn't need all nine lives and that this is the year,

We need this win as much as any in a very long time. Hopefully the Mana is strong

I also think it was the best on campus atmosphere I ever experienced at SU. My small sample size starts in 94 but the school was on fire that day. Weather was incredible, students were partying, etc.

Game Day should have been there no matter what happened week before. We missed a golden opportunity to show off our magnificent campus

We could have lost a competitive game and they very well may have been there. But a complete dismantling by a very bad Maryland team just crushed it.

And agree, I didn't get cheated that day. Long, fun, perfect weather day.

I'd call it #1 as well, right up there with some of those electric atmospheres in the mid/late 90s: Army and Miami in '96, Tennessee and Miami in '98, Michigan in '99, and Auburn in 2001.

I took my kids to that and they really fell in love with college football that day.

I'd call it #1 as well, right up there with some of those electric atmospheres in the mid/late 90s: Army and Miami in '96, Tennessee and Miami in '98, Michigan in '99, and Auburn in 2001.

I took my kids to that and they really fell in love with college football that day.
Army game was when McNabb saluted the cadets correct? Fantastic day as well. Good memory on that one.

I took my daughter to the Clemson game and she was 13 and extremely wide eyed for the entire day. We got a picture with Marek Dolezaj on the quad and it made her year.

2005 for grobbycakes as we were about to become the USC of the east, we had a huge game watching party in the City at a bar on the UES for the wv game. Dome was full, the party was great, the game was not.

did it again for virginia, then fla st...then reality set in and everyone stayed home for storz...good thing.

i guess i can look back fondly of the fall of 05, because we didnt know how hard reality was going to get...

2005 for grobbycakes as we were about to become the USC of the east, we had a huge game watching party in the City at a bar on the UES for the wv game. Dome was full, the party was great, the game was not.

did it again for virginia, then fla st...then reality set in and everyone stayed home for storz...good thing.

i guess i can look back fondly of the fall of 05, because we didnt know how hard reality was going to get...

Yeah, I was at that 2005 opener. Other than watching our offense, that was a great day.

Ahhh, UConn '05. The loss that set me off on a 6 month, self-imposed hiatus from the board.

Ahhh, UConn '05. The loss that set me off on a 6 month, self-imposed hiatus from the board.
grobbycakes had us on a self-imposed hiatus from wins.

grobbycakes had us on a self-imposed hiatus from wins.
It's a good thing I didn't attend that 2008 Penn State game, because I was so impossibly furious at the way that day showed how he destroyed SU football that I'd probably still be in jail for my actions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom