Forced to listen on the radio | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Forced to listen on the radio

I like Matt and he bleeds orange so he's a keeper in my book.

The one problem I have with his play-by-play is that he'll describe a play before he gives the results of the play. It's 3rd and 3 and it was beautiful run. Yeah, Matt, but did he make it or not?

Would have been harder if you listened for Clemson.

"2nd and 6. Shrader takes the snap, short pass to Tucker, gain of about 3. Decision time for the Orange. " (Me: Ummm, it's 3rd and 3, go for it?).

"3rd and 2, Clemson on the Orange 33. He is stopped, inches short, and they're going to measure." (Me: Yeah, but they're just going to go for it on 4th). Park: The ruling on the field stands, Orange football!

It was a little frustrating, but on the bright side, he was giving down and distance.
I listened to the Clemson PxP...they were okay...nothing great.

The one problem I have with his play-by-play is that he'll describe a play before he gives the results of the play. It's 3rd and 3 and it was beautiful run. Yeah, Matt, but did he make it or not?
Yes!

Matt Park thinks that the radio listeners are also watching the game live on a large HD TV with the volume muted.

They are in this case. AM tends to be behind the action on TV while FM is ahead of it. I often hear Matt describe the play and then look at the TV to see what it looked like - and how it came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom