Fordham game only on ESPN3? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fordham game only on ESPN3?

For those without an ESPN3 affiliated provider(or like me, who prefer not to pay for tv, and are not in local radio range), i offer http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/220911/1/watch-fordham-vs-9-syracuse.html Last game I had to refresh the screen a couple times at the beginning and then use "link 2", but that generally isn't the case. If you mouse over the lower right hand corner of the screen, you will find the button to click for full screen.

Sure you will have a few popups at the beginning, and the stream may not yet be active until a couple of minutes after the broadcast begins, but those can be seen as minor trade offs. For me it's less about money(how much does the average cable/satellite package cost a year?) than the principle of not knowingly paying for my own subjugation and that of others. Not preaching, just saying :) We're reaching a point in history where technology is being used to make certain things much more possible, and other things much less probable, at a rate where one is likely to max out in the near future. Which, depends on who is in control. While it's impossible for one cell of a frog to jump out of the slowly heated water, if it manages to do its unpleasant job against the odds, it will contribute to getting the whole of the frog out on time.

As for "iTV", Steve Jobs' biggest contribution to society may yet come in opening up discussion that the powers that be(the 6 corporations that now own 95% of lamestream media) have made taboo, that which had a heavy influence on giving birth to the very technology you and I are using at this moment. http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/06/jobs-had-lsd-we-have-the-iphone/ I don't want to wait until Thanksgiving to pay homage to all of the ingredients that made watching this SU game possible for me and others regardless of where said ingredients(people and otherwise) fall on the various and sundry rankings lists of the moment. We all know those lists are often inaccurate and can do a team that pays attention to them more harm than good. I hope either of these links may be of benefit to someone, as both of the men pictured below have benefited all of us, whether we know it or not. While I'm "early" for the thanksgiving, I'd like to give thanks to all the Veterans on here as well, even if I am a day late.
albert_hofmann_steve_jobs4.jpg

Last edited:
I. WAS. WRONG. And I am a big enough cat to admit it. I thought it would be televised. Well, at least I stayed calm, which is always good! We should start a letter writing campaign to the powers that be. (Who would those powers be?) At least I am lucky enough to be able to go to the game.

Espn3 doesn't work for everybody . This is such bullshit.

This is where us grizzled old vets bring out stories of listening to Joel on a static filled WSYR signal sitting in a car on a hill top somewhere.

It is Colgate Fordham, it will be a blow out...listen to it on the radio or the Internet...or go to the game.

CNYCentral has rules of distribution of what games they can broadcast...this apparently didn't make the cut...it probably is beyond their control.

Last edited:
This is where us grizzled old vets bring out stories of listening to Joel on a static filled WSYR signal sitting in a car on a hill top somewhere.

It is Colgate, it will be a blow out...listen to it on the radio or the Internet...or go to the game.

CNYCentral has rules of distribution of what games they can broadcast...this apparently didn't make the cut...it probably is beyond their control.
This aint 1960.

[
CNYCentral has rules of distribution of what games they can broadcast...this apparently didn't make the cut...it probably is beyond their control.[/quote]

The key word here is "probably." I am betting these schedulers/admins/networks/whoevers can do whatever they want.

This aint 1960.

For those geographically separated from CNY it really has only been the last 10 years or so that you can pretty much catch almost all Cuse games. Before that (1990s) it was Sports Bars which were always hit or miss.

For those geographically separated from CNY it really has only been the last 10 years or so that you can pretty much catch almost all Cuse games. Before that (1990s) it was Sports Bars which were always hit or miss.
I just need to find my Walkmen.

I wonder how first row gets the game on the air since its not being broadcast. you still need an input feed of somekind.

I just made sure I could get ESPN3. Started watching the reproadcast of the Cornell game. This works for me as I can't watch the game tonight. So i can see I'll be sitting in front of my computer tomorrow morning instead of my morning run.

ESPN3 is a weird beast. You would think that it would be more profitable for the Worldwide Leader if they opened it up to everyone and played commercials during timeouts and stoppages like on the tv.

But no.

They only allow certain cable providers and show black screens with a static "ESPN3" graphic or pictures/stats from previous games during the "commercial breaks".

Last edited:

It is Colgate, it will be a blow out...listen to it on the radio or the Internet...or go to the game.

I grew up in the DC area in the 80s and remember having to listen to the first round of the Big East tourney on the radio because it wasn't on tv. Not only that, it wasn't on local DC radio unless it was G'town, so I had to listen to the AM feed out of Syracuse, that came in and out (mostly out).

ESPN3 is a not-ready-for primetime endeavor that the WWL needs to nurture until everyone in society has broadband speeds of 20+ mbps. Otherwise, the customer service issues and general dissatisfaction with outages, buffering etc. would create a PR nightmare. Given that people still use landlines, possess standard def TVs, etc..., this transition will take a good while.

ESPN3 is a not-ready-for primetime endeavor that the WWL needs to nurture until everyone in society has broadband speeds of 20+ mbps. Otherwise, the customer service issues and general dissatisfaction with outages, buffering etc. would create a PR nightmare. Given that people still use landlines, possess standard def TVs, etc..., this transition will take a good while.

Agree 100%. Personally, I love espn3. I can watch it on my laptop or ipad while watching something else on TV. Or i can simply stream it onto the TV though XBOX or chromecast.

I just went to espn3 and looked for upcoming games and no game is listed.????

Agree 100%. Personally, I love espn3. I can watch it on my laptop or ipad while watching something else on TV. Or i can simply stream it onto the TV though XBOX or chromecast.

Just curious, does ESPN3 usually come in much clearer on your iPad than on your laptop? It sure does for me most of the time.

Just curious, does ESPN3 usually come in much clearer on your iPad than on your laptop? It sure does for me most of the time.

Yes. I've definitely noticed this. It basically runs flawlessly on my phone, ipad, and XBOX. It is spotty and blurry most of the time on the laptop. Which is weird because it's all under the same wifi signal and my work provides me with a top-of-the-line Macbook pro, which runs pretty heavy image editing software without a hitch.

Thanx Extreme,I completely overlooked it. Just a little note for anybody that cares. I just took my laptop and ran an HDMI cable from there to my TV and got a beutiful pic and it's a 55 inch job.I used my HDMI3 jack on the TV and had to adjust the volume with the remote for the TV not the remote for cable. Everything is great so they can put all the games on ESPN3 they want.I've got it covered.

Perfect.. This will be the first game I get to watch. Should be able to catch the first half at work, and the 2nd half at the house, if I drive fast enough

I don't get ESPN3 but I did pay for the OAA for the month of November. Problem is I'm going to the UVA-VCU at 7 tonight. Will I be able to watch a replay of the Syracuse-Fordham game after it's over thru OAA?

ESPN can be great and can be awful all in the same broadcast.. even watching on the 80mb pipe here at work it often bogs down just depends on the load and the way they the feed into the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom