Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park

Run and stop the run. Deep breath.
I knew you wouldn't like that statement, but the necessary object is to win.
But if we have the right players Coach will pass the ball.
But he wants to be the better team at the end of the game.
That's why he wants to run the ball well, Clemson runs well, but passes.
The good Florida St teams had good running backs, but could throw the ball.

If you say so

Yep. Good teams can do both, and it scews a little more depending on personnel and opponent.

Gotta think he will be pressing the P alum to be active and engaging with the program in person and financially

Think we will see a lot more of those guys in the near future
Prime earning age

He did say they'll do what the other team can't stop.
Since every team has different things they can't stop, we will try to prepare to do everything. Which doesn't work outside places like Georgia.

Hopefully he figures it out quick, dino said stuff in his first press conference that he gave up on too

Last edited:
Since every team had different things they can't stop, we will try to prepare to do everything. Which doesn't work outside places like Georgia.

Hopefully he figures it out quick, dino said stuff in his first press conference that he gave up on too

True to a point but it might also depend on quality of players and coaching staff.

I suppose we'll get to see it for real in the fall and critique from there.

True to a point but it might also depend on quality of players and coaching staff.

I suppose we'll get to see it for real in the fall and critique from there.
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a lot of multiples

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get a lot of multiples

JW told Fran to watch his lexicon so that SUFan site doesn't parse each word regarding the past in a negative way.

Not wanting to be a coordinator, not being interested in that.

"Whatever you can't stop" is what you say when you're not interested in being a coordinator
I fell like you are taking Coach Fran out of context and he will not speak to you going forward, all kidding aside is that he is saying he wants to be …..multiple, very very multiple.

Since every team has different things they can't stop, we will try to prepare to do everything. Which doesn't work outside places like Georgia.

Dino' s theories were good, but they lacked in execution.
Marrone had that run, tough defense thing going and was just getting started. Who knows how good he would've made it.
I'm all for OITNF, but you have to have the horses. If Brown can give us an identity, then you move forward with a scheme.

Dino' s theories were good, but they lacked in execution.
Marrone had that run, tough defense thing going and was just getting started. Who knows how good he would've made it.
I'm all for OITNF, but you have to have the horses. If Brown can give us an identity, then you move forward with a scheme.
The really odd thing about Dino is that the only guys for the most part that he had that could really run his OITNF system effectively were inherited players from Shafer. When it was up to him recruiting his own players, the whole thing fell apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom