Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Interview With Matt Park

The really odd thing about Dino is that the only guys for the most part that he had that could really run his OITNF system effectively were inherited players from Shafer. When it was up to him recruiting his own players, the whole thing fell apart.

That was his SOP.

He did 2 year stints at both prior stops, got some more wins outta the prior coach’s guys, then hopped.

Took him 4 years to get that big season here, but then he stayed.

I do think he was pretty damn close this past season, but the horrific game and clock management, ridiculous volume of dumb penalties, and truly head-scratching decision making doomed us to the meh year we endured.

There were another 2-3 wins there for the taking, with competent coaching.

Can‘t roll it all out on day one.

go with it, enjoy the process

don’t run him down because it doesn’t fit your narrow view of what to do
I really was just trying to have fun with that one. You must've been grinning at all the p and d talk

Marrone had a good first impression I think. I don't remember Gerg's but I know I felt like oh no this is not it when we decided to try to be the broncos. I fanned myself over babers hiring right until he flipped out on bud for not closing his eyes like it's a third grade magic show and I thought oh great this guy is really weird

Hope recruiting means everything because I'm sure he can do that

That was his SOP.

He did 2 year stints at both prior stops, got some more wins outta the prior coach’s guys, then hopped.

Took him 4 years to get that big season here, but then he stayed.

I do think he was pretty damn close this past season, but the horrific game and clock management, ridiculous volume of dumb penalties, and truly head-scratching decision making doomed us to the meh year we endured.

There were another 2-3 wins there for the taking, with competent coaching.
I think if Shrader stayed 100% the whole season this year he would have got to 7-8 with a bowl game. And then we wouldn't be talking about Fran Brown, but staring down a season next year with a major unknown at QB and likely not the staff to fill it.

I think if Shrader stayed 100% the whole season this year he would have got to 7-8 with a bowl game. And then we wouldn't be talking about Fran Brown, but staring down a season next year with a major unknown at QB and likely not the staff to fill it.
That's just it, every year turned into an "if only". We never fully addressed depth, it was like a foreign concept
I'll never understand trotting out a barely-able-to-walk QB, and only playing his backup when you ran out of all other options. I'm hoping those days are over...for good! -shiver-

Last edited:
That's just it, every year turned into an "if only". We never fully addressed depth, it was like a foreign concept
I'll never understand trotting out a barely-able-to-walk QB, and only playing his backup when you ran out of all other options. I'm hoping those days are over...for good! - shiver-
I mean I get misses here and there, but the QB depth chart was a perpetual problem his entire tenure. So yeah, I just don't see how you can have that much trouble with the most important position on the team and expect at least consistency.

I really was just trying to have fun with that one. You must've been grinning at all the p and d talk

Marrone had a good first impression I think. I don't remember Gerg's but I know I felt like oh no this is not it when we decided to try to be the broncos. I fanned myself over babers hiring right until he flipped out on bud for not closing his eyes like it's a third grade magic show and I thought oh great this guy is really weird

Hope recruiting means everything because I'm sure he can do that
Robinson was weak out of the gate. Shafer was too bombastic for my taste.

I’m all in on maxing talent acquisition. From now until 2/7 will be interesting.

Robinson was weak out of the gate. Shafer was too bombastic for my taste.

I’m all in on maxing talent acquisition. From now until 2/7 will be interesting.
I can talk myself into this because I do think that most coaches stink in terms of strategy. So even if brown does too, we might not be at any disadvantage there. But I worry that everyone is going to be new at their job

I didn't even count shafer, what could you do , I kinda feel the same way about autry honestly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom