Fran brown presser at 3:45 | Syracusefan.com

Fran brown presser at 3:45

I thought I heard 3:45 specifically, anyone have an exact time nailed down?

Updates coming...

Fran Brown opening statement: "Exciting day for the program. Thankful to all of our coaches and support staff." Said they did an amazing job.

“DART. That’s really how. I have a great staff that believed it in probably more than me. They continued to push.” —Fran Brown on how he was able to reshape the class in 2 weeks.

“We’re not done yet.” Brown says there will be more commitments to follow for SU.

“I’ve known Kyle since he was in little league.” Brown and Ohio State transfer Kyle McCord have had a relationship since long before this offseason.

“It was important to go get a quarterback. It was important to go get a pass rusher.” Brown says he had specific priorities for recruiting. Another one he mentioned was a strength and conditioning coordinator.

Fran Brown notes that adding Chad Smith and Jordan Barber to the team's strength and conditioning efforts was a huge part of the team's offseason.

“I can’t wait for practice. I don’t care about the season. The season will work itself out when it happens.” Brown has enjoyed the off-season, but wants to see his team on the field.

“My vision was clear. They could see it.” Brown reached out early to recruits that were already committed to Syracuse before he became the coach. He says most of them were excited by that vision.

Fran Brown on KingJoseph Edwards: Said he remembered him from a camp and he moved well. When he was at Georgia, he recruited him. Kept a good relationship with him. Talked about life. The relationship overtook everything else. Including the relationship between mom & Brown's wife

Brown on Jakhari Williams and Jamie Tremble: "I think Jakhari has a chance to be the future of this program. Jamie is a freak athlete." Says keeping them was about them buying into his vision. “He’ll have a chance to come in and learn under Oronde. He’s a very intelligent kid.”

Syracuse coach Fran Brown credits Devin Redd and Khalil Ahmed for being the brains behind SU's creative recruiting efforts (hibachi, cars) but stressed that isn't why players are committing.

"I'm going to look for good football players. If I gave you my secrets, they wouldn't be secrets, right? But we're going to get good football players. I promise you that." -- Fran Brown on what's left before February

"Jackson Meeks, he's going to show guys in that receiver room how to practice. He's a tough guy."

Fran Brown on players that have decommitted: "It's a mutual agreement for the most part." Said it's never a good thing but needs to do what's best for the player and the program. Always wants to make sure they have a place to go.

Fran says he is really excited about the bowl game, wants coach Nunzio to get a win. Said that would be really big.

Fran Brown's two goals are to help his players get degrees and win a national championship.

“The transfer portal will benefit us from now on. I told the guys, ‘I will not be held hostage.’” Brown plans to continue being aggressive in the transfer portal.

Last edited:
Fran Brown is going to be on the huddle next on the ACC network
Thanks for the heads up. I caught most of it. Really good rep for SU. Very likable personality. I can see how he relates well to people and why he's a good recruiter. Just seems very down to earth and real.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom