Fran brown presser at 3:45 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fran brown presser at 3:45

A colleague once did this to a younger colleague...except it was a bar and it was: "if I ever catch you dressing like a waiter again, I'll kill you." He changed his attire from then on out. Probably the most impactful real life advice he ever got. The bedside manner could have been better but the advice was solid.
And for today's thin skinned millennials, it'd be grounds for a lawsuit. SMDH

My son’s high school hockey team wears suits to school the day of home games. They all love it. A lot of kids like this kind of stuff, as long as it’s not ridiculous. And it 100% helps build a culture.

My high school had a dress code for boys which required a dress shirt and tie. We hired a wrestling coach who didn't have any ties to the school, was shocked when he saw us coming to the locker room with shirts and ties on, and convinced us to bring jackets and wear our school clothes and sports jackets to matches.

A single file of boys dressed in formal outfits walking to the locker room before a match ABSOLUTELY acted to intimidate our opponents. Totally agree it builds a culture as well - the other teams at our school picked up on formal dress to road games after they saw us doing it.
A few of us went out for dinner once at a decent restaurant after a match and ended up drinking wine with dinner since 16 year olds don't generally dress like that - and so they just gave us the wine list. I think checking IDs is a bigger deal now, so I doubt that still acts as one of the advantages of dressing professionally. Its one of my fondest memories of being 16 though...

I’m ready to throw JoeCollege through a brick wall for Fran Brown!!!

Seriously, he is a gem! He’s not a rah rah, me me me guy that will take over a show like this. He is straightforward, no BS, and real in every sense of the word. I love it! Can’t wait to see him on the practice field with his staff.
Oh goodness gracious, PeteCalvin is in Fran Browns box!!

Where the hell have you been?!

Dino make you go into the Syracuse witness protection program?

Yep. Kevin Johnson returned the opening kick for a TD and it was on.

I was sitting in the end zone right behind the Syracuse return team. I think Johnson was around the 20 yard line on that return when I started celebrating a touchdown, based on where everyone on the field was from my view I could tell he was going to the house. Had 80 yards of celebration before he crossed the goal line.

That I remember that so clearly is why the "where were you sitting" question that was asked of Fran at his opening presser doesn't bother me at all. Maybe there was an ulterior motive - but the conviction some here have about that is bizarre to me.

I finally got that off my chest. I feel better now. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom