Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

There are a lot of Eagles he has some connection to... Reddick, Bradley, Kelee Ringo, Nolan Smith, Jalen Carter, and probably crossed paths with Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean a bit (Brown hired a month after the natty that was Davis and Dean's last game, but I'm sure they were around still working out and such).

He already has ties around Philly anyway, but it can't hurt.

I hope not. We need experienced, successful coordinators. Get me the best G5 coordinators you can find.
Get me the best developers/teachers you can find. PERIOD. Telling guys where to go, only works if they believe they can win.

The Offense hasn't believed that since 2018. With the exception of when they ran Schmidt plays in 21. (Tucker's Big year) They knew they were getting yards. They loved those plays. (Source- 2021 players)

Develop them. Anae saw what he had, and improved the pass game until...

My only hope for O coordinator? Realize what you have. Improve THAT.

Don't endlessly pound square pegs into round holes. Make your players believe they can win - because you are doing something that they KNOW they can do. In my humble opinion? That's why our offense struggled. Its not always X's and O's. Its developement, and its belief that you are playing to THEIR strengths. Not your play books...;-)

Get me the best developers/teachers you can find. PERIOD. Telling guys where to go, only works if they believe they can win.

The Offense hasn't believed that since 2018. With the exception of when they ran Schmidt plays in 21. (Tucker's Big year) They knew they were getting yards. They loved those plays. (Source- 2021 players)

Develop them. Anae saw what he had, and improved the pass game until...

My only hope for O coordinator? Realize what you have. Improve THAT.

Don't endlessly pound square pegs into round holes. Make your players believe they can win - because you are doing something that they KNOW they can do. In my humble opinion? That's why our offense struggled. Its not always X's and O's. Its developement, and its belief that you are playing to THEIR strengths. Not your play books...;-)
If you look at Fran’s track record at Temple and Rutgers, he strikes me as the kind of guy that has the connections to swing for the fences but also has the ability to identify high ceiling lesser valued talent that needs to be developed. And he develops them. Granted this is on a micro level since he has been a position coach but still, he is extremely well rounded when it comes to both chasing big time prospects as well as having really solid back up plans with high ceilings that he’s consistently developed.

Partridge would be an awesome first hire.
Michigan is dominating the Massachusetts prep world recruiting wise fwiw. I don’t know who the point person is but they’ve done laps up here.

Dillon (before he blew his knee out), Zinter (best guard in country imo) all came from up here. If he can lean into this I really love it

Cheating scandal is as dumb as the patriots spy gate one. Completely dumb

A few things:
1. He doesn’t have to be that good to get poached. What Marrone accomplished was enough.
2. This is about more than football. The super league is coming. A short-term fix isn’t helping us get into that league.
3. I think Mullen would have stuck around.
Marrone was an NFL guy who left to take an NFL HC gig.

Mullen wasn’t an option. He was a phantom. A creation of the internet. No one actually saw him on campus. JW didn’t talk to him.

And let’s be real, if there’s a super league coming then SU ain’t in it. Doesn’t matter if we’re 6-6 or 9-3.

That was part of Dino's downfall in a way. The results weren't good and he was cagey with information. I think you can be open with your program and engage the fans while also keeping your plans under wraps.

Hope we see more inside the program stuff.
Not to mention we never really changed our gameplans that much. All that secrecy and we would come out and do the same stuff week after week. The one exception was Pitt this year.

A few things:
1. He doesn’t have to be that good to get poached. What Marrone accomplished was enough.
2. This is about more than football. The super league is coming. A short-term fix isn’t helping us get into that league.
3. I think Mullen would have stuck around.
1. Marrone went 25-25, with two 8 win bowl seasons after 10-37 the prior four years with the offense and defense being ranked 100 or lower every year. In 2012 SU had the 17th ranked offense, 47th ranked defense.1 That’s why he got hired, that was a great rebuild.

SU is 18-19 with one game remaining and two bowl seasons the last three years. if he’s 11 wins better over the next three years that’s 29-7. If he left after that, who is going to complain. If all he does is stay at .500 he hasn’t improved the program.

2. You want to step up the issue is taking an improved roster to the next level that can sustain through a full season, Brown’s skill set fits that requirement.

3. Why would Mullen be anymore likely to stay? Oh, and he was never in play.

Last edited:
How much identifying of talent did Wildhack do at ESPN? I always wonder about skills from previous jobs becoming influential in your new job.

This is a gamble but one that screams out of the box and so crazy it just might work.

It’s wild that some folks are stuck on Mullen.

I mean, let’s say he was in play. Then clearly there wasn’t a fit. Maybe he didn’t like what he learned about the program. Maybe we didn’t like his demands.

If some folks want to bathe themselves in the comfortable narrative that SU sucks at everything, so we must have blown it with Mullen, then have at it.

I find it weird, but whatever. No one knows how the Brown hire is going to work out. Im
Choosing to be optimistic, because why not? If he stinks we’ll know soon enough.

But I’m certainly not gonna pout over not landing Dan Mullen, as if he offered to work for free and we turned him down.

In 2012 SU had the 17th ranked offense, 47th ranked defense.1 That’s why he got hired, that was a great rebuild.
Easily a top 25 team at the end of 2012. That team was rolling.

Edit: just looked at the schedule for a reminder and that was the year we lost the opener to Northwestern because of a bull penalty, gave USC a fight the next game and lost close games to rutgers and minny. That could have been a 9 to 10 win team.

I agree I am in on Partridge
1701263016229.png
1701263016229.png

Chris Partridge

"He was named National Recruiter of the Year by Scout in 2016 and received the same honor from 247Sports in 2017. Partridge was ranked a top-five recruiter again in 2019 by 247Sports."

Was ST Coordinator at Michigan for 4 years.

There's your specials guy and another ace recruiter.

Meanwhile you dopes are making fun of some HS coach's name. :)
C'mon, man. We were all sophomores once. Meaning, there's a little sophomoric humor in all of us. Besides, Snoop says he's off the smoke, so Ashley Smoke is so...passe.

I read somewhere that the way to come up with a foolproof Pron name was to pair your first pet's name with the street you grew up on. How does "Cinder Pond" sound to y'all?

Hey, once a sophomore, always a sophomore.

1. Marrone went 25-25, with two 8 win bowl seasons after 10-37 the prior four years with the offense and defense being ranked 100 or lower every year. In 2012 SU had the 17th ranked offense, 47th ranked defense.1 That’s why he got hired, that was a great rebuild.

SU is 18-19 with one game remaining and two bowl seasons the last three years. if he’s 11 wins better over the next three years that’s 29-7. If he left after that, who is going to complain. If all he does is stay at .500 he hasn’t improved the program.

2. You want to step up the issue is taking an improved roster to the next level that can sustain through a full season, Brown’s skill set fits that requirement.

3. Why would Mullen be anymore likely to stay? Oh, and he was never in play.
Including COVID year because it happened, like it or not, we went 19-29 with one game left.

In Dinos first four years he was 23-26 (close to Marrone). If you want to take out COVID year he was 18-19 the last three years.

If Fran went 30-19 the next four years, would people be happy with that?

Easily a top 25 team at the end of 2012. That team was rolling.

Edit: just looked at the schedule for a reminder and that was the year we lost the opener to Northwestern because of a bull penalty, gave USC a fight the next game and lost close games to rutgers and minny. That could have been a 9 to 10 win team.
Once Pugh came back things started clicking

What's Irvington?
Irvington HS in Newark, NJ

It’s wild that some folks are stuck on Mullen.

I mean, let’s say he was in play. Then clearly there wasn’t a fit. Maybe he didn’t like what he learned about the program. Maybe we didn’t like his demands.

If some folks want to bathe themselves in the comfortable narrative that SU sucks at everything, so we must have blown it with Mullen, then have at it.

I find it weird, but whatever. No one knows how the Brown hire is going to work out. Im
Choosing to be optimistic, because why not? If he stinks we’ll know soon enough.

But I’m certainly not gonna pout over not landing Dan Mullen, as if he offered to work for free and we turned him down.
I had to turn off the ignore feature to see what you were talking about. It’s kinda sorta 1 folk who isn’t even a football board poster who endlessly argues just to argue.

Last edited:
Hoping Fran can help open the NYC pipeline a bit more. Would love to be the destination of choice for top prospects from places like Erasmus and CTK consistently again.