Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

Do you guys not understand that you don't burn bridges when you got an upgrade from the program you were with, especially if it is in the first tier of college programs?

You don't tell Nick Saban or Harbaugh or Dabo or Kirby Smart to go piss up a rope, "I'm outta here". When you coach on a team like that, you don't burn bridges. Those are going to be among the best jobs you ever have in your whole career, if you play for a team that made the college playoffs, or even won a championship.

It's only a couple more days, now. Just breathe. He'll be here soon enough.
Eh, those responses are to a post saying Georgia could hold Fran until February.

Also said the plan was for him to finish out the season at Georgia. So let’s go everyone playing Georgia!

Per Emily Leiker on Syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — During an hour-long Zoom call Thursday night with Syracuse football’s class of 2024 verbal commits, new Orange head coach Fran Brown teased who he plans on hiring as his coordinators.

“He said the offensive coordinator is coming from a job in the NFL, and the defensive coordinator’s coming from the SEC,” Noah Rosahac, a three-star lineman from Pennsylvania, told syracuse.com by phone Friday.
This says Robinson & Nixon sound likely, and that Fran is doing his job already. Good.

Syracuse, N.Y. — During an hour-long Zoom call Thursday night with Syracuse football’s class of 2024 verbal commits, new Orange head coach Fran Brown teased who he plans on hiring as his coordinators.

“He said the offensive coordinator is coming from a job in the NFL, and the defensive coordinator’s coming from the SEC,” Noah Rosahac, a three-star lineman from Pennsylvania, told syracuse.com by phone Friday.
So seems like the board is right with Graham or Nixon.

It's suggested that Campanile is staying on staff.

I would have made the start date the day he signed the contract.
feb 1st is not also a real thing.. Look around coaches have contracts that are thru all sorts of dates.. And what does that matter anyway? It just means how they pay you, not how you can leave.

How about spending time at the 15 practices we have before our bowl game figuring out what we have to work with going in to next year so you can pound the portal the right way. Or start influencing schemes and culture. I can understand getting them through the SEC championship but after that……not a great look.

Really like how he’s having fun with this, feels like a cool guy already.

Bye Noah

I doubt that was supposed to leave the room.

sounds like the Giants guy and Robinson.

Yeah Mike M was mentioning Fran as top 3 guy of interest he had heard at beginning before the Mullen frenzy and as TheHaze said he had JW heading to meet with Fran in Georgia Sunday morning when there was still a little public optimism on Mullen.

Frans name was mentioned way before Thanksgiving.

so does this mean baylor style offense? He's been a playcaller and a run game coordinator too.

Put me in the court that doesn’t care when he starts. The big thing was getting a coach named and not letting it drag out. Yes he is not 100% dedicated to Syracuse at this time; but everyone knows who the coach is and he is probably working on our stuff 50% of the time. JW hired him because of what he thinks he can do for our program; bot what he gets done in the first 30 days on the job. I’m not really concerned what he does in the short term.

Right now he has to figure out his coaches. I’m sure based on who his agent is, and to have actually been hired, he has a firm layout of who his staff will consist of. I am sure he already has spoken to most of these people and has an understanding. Some of them may decline based on financials. But right now, I’m sure most of it is negotiation contracts. If someone drops out, I would assume he has a plan B already lined up. I would be extremely disappointed if he was hired without having all of this basic principles figured out.

Onto recruiting and transfer portal. Transfer portal isn’t even fully open yet. And again we don’t even have a staff to help recruit or contact players. That is almost more important because although kids want to play for him, they need to know who the coaches are and that may change. Plus, with the short notice of the change we are going to be handcuffed in our recruiting freshman and this year will most likely be more portal kids than flipping kids. This team and his future is not going to be defined by his first high school recruiting class.

Bye Noah

I doubt that was supposed to leave the room.

sounds like the Giants guy and Robinson.

Unless he said make sure this doesn't leave the room, otherwise they're high schools kids and he should know better.

Nixon would not do it for me. Flashbacks to Pariani
I was looking into Nixon a little today and think I’m ok with it. He actually was play calling OC at Baylor for 3 years with Rhule and think they were top 25 in offense last 2 years of it. Supposedly a system taken a lot from Chip Kelly (prob a little more pass heavy than Chip but I haven’t seen him at ucla). Baylor’s qb threw for 3000 yds and rushed for a bunch as well the last 2 years.

He coaches with Andy Reid in Philly, Chip Kelly in San Fran, Rhule at Temple/Baylor/Panthers, Daboll with Giants.

2021 he was listed as one of top 20 coaches to watch for as head coaches and that list had who’s who..Venables, Elko, Sark, etc

I was looking into Nixon a little today and think I’m ok with it. He actually was play calling OC at Baylor for 3 years with Rhule and think they were top 25 in offense last 2 years of it. Supposedly a system taken a lot from Chip Kelly (prob a little more pass heavy than Chip but I haven’t seen him at ucla). Baylor’s qb threw for 3000 yds and rushed for a bunch as well the last 2 years.

He coaches with Andy Reid in Philly, Chip Kelly in San Fran, Rhule at Temple/Baylor/Panthers, Daboll with Giants.

2021 he was listed as one of top 20 coaches to watch for as head coaches and that list had who’s who..Venables, Elko, Sark, etc

agreed. I started looking up what Baylor was doing.

Same. He can sell a lot of NFL experience too.

Also this: “Coach Campanile mentioned to me that he is gonna be on the staff,” Tremble said. “Because Coach Brown, he’s worked with Coach Campanile before at Rutgers, so I think they’re really good buddies. So he said he’s gonna stick around, but he doesn’t know what quite he’s gonna do yet in the coaching staff, but he said he’ll probably be on the offensive side.”