Fran Brown | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axe reporting Brown is the hire, announcement forthcoming.

Oh well. I hope it works out. If we don't crush the portal, then we'll know pretty soon if this is working out or not.
images.jpg

Why not? People can say he is the #1 recruiter over and over and over again and that is ok. You calling them out?

I said I don't even mind taking a chance on Brown but his success will all be on which coordinators he brings in. People claiming he will succeed because he is the #1 recruiter in the nation is dumb that will not be how Syracuse wins and it never will be.

That's because he is considered the top or one of the top recruiters in the country, what is there to call them out on being right? Will he land a top 10 class here, of course not no one thinks that, I sure as hell don't. His recruiting will definitely be a reason he succeeds here if he does have success but not the only one but a major major piece.

a head coach that has won everywhere he’s been isn’t ready for this level but a career DB coach is??
He hasn't been anywhere, he's been coaching levels beneath P5 under different rules. We need talent more than Xs and Os, Fran can do that.

That's because he is considered the top or one of the top recruiters in the country, what is there to call them out on being right? Will he land a top 10 class here, of course not no one thinks that, I sure as hell don't. His recruiting will definitely be a reason he succeeds here if he does have success but not the only one but a major major piece.

And I am pointing out he was only named that because the bag at Georgia which he wont have here. WHICH IS ALSO CORRECT.

Welp any ways. I won't rain on anyone's parade. I will be optimistic until I see the Coordinator hires.

Hey maybe some of those top 10 recruits will flip from Athens to Syracuse and follow their recruiter!!
Bee boo deep blob bleeb.

If we’re going to post stupid stuff I figured I’d turn it up a notch. Did I win? Or do I just have to post dumb stuff that no one is suggesting to be part of the contest?

Last edited:
So we start with Doug White Lewis Candle Cig Martin Chesney and a slew of other name coaches including the best OL coach in the NFL and i guess Dan. At this point we are down to two of the original group and Fran. Out of all of the coaches available. These are our finalist. Now some will say that guys like Lewis and White didnt want the job. Well didnt JW or better yet shouldnt JW have had a list of potential coaches that he already new would have interest. I mean did he actually let Dino go without an already vetted short list.
Again, something here just doesn't add up at all. Something seems really odd.

And I am pointing out he was only named that because the bag at Georgia which he wont have here. WHICH IS ALSO CORRECT.

Did you see any other Georgia coach on the list? Again I am not going to explain this for 1000th time today, dude is considered an elite recruiter with nothing to do with Georgia. No one knows how it will translate here but being at GA is not why he's getting props for his recruiting.

Did you see any other Georgia coach on the list? Again I am not going to explain this for 1000th time today, dude is considered an elite recruiter with nothing to do with Georgia. No one knows how it will translate here but being at GA is not why he's getting props for his recruiting.

Was he on the list before getting to Georgia? The person he replaced as DB coach was on the list the previous year.

So we start with Doug White Lewis Candle Cig Martin Chesney and a slew of other name coaches including the best OL coach in the NFL and i guess Dan. At this point we are down to two of the original group and Fran. Out of all of the coaches available. These are our finalist. Now some will say that guys like Lewis and White didnt want the job. Well didnt JW or better yet shouldnt JW have had a list of potential coaches that he already new would have interest. I mean did he actually let Dino go without an already vetted short list.

Either a key booster was not on board, or Wildhack needs to start looking for new work.
They say he raises a lot of money, but it doesn't look like he spends it well.
Isn't that what they used to say about Doctor Gross?

M0st of those guys were never actual candidates and never interviewed.

I love chaos. I hope he gets the job and hires Chris Partridge.

Was he on the list before getting to Georgia? The person he replaced as DB coach was on the list the previous year.
He’s been known as a good recruiter long before he stepped into his role at UGA and he doesn’t need to be #1 or top 10 to have a major impact here.

The fact that he is #1 does generate some buzz irrespective of how you want to spin it.

He got the job at Georgia because of his rep, can't imagine why this is so hard to understand.

Right always a good/great recruiter. He is considered the best recruiter because of Georgia. I am not going to keep talking in circles with you. You believe what you believe its cool not everyone has to think the same...

Like I said I will be waiting to hear about the coordinators that will make or break him not his ability to recruit.

He got the job at Georgia because of his rep, can't imagine why this is so hard to understand.

Yes, he has the reputation as a great recruiter. He wasn't selling lightbulbs to blind people. He was offering young players a "golden ticket" to play for a potential national champion.

I was a "great" PR guy when I was selling stories about what IBM was doing to make the Internet safe for business. I thought I was good, but ANYBODY could have done it.

Right place, right time.

Yes, he recruited well at Temple and Rutgers and he knows NJ. But we aren't Notre Dame or Michigan or Penn State, selling that kind of tradition to these very same kids. Yes, maybe he can get good kids here. I hope he can assemble an experienced staff to lean on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom