Fran Brown | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
a ridiculous question and i'll ask it

...can Georgia match us even in this mismatch of employment opportunity for Brown? I have no idea what level of money the bluest of blue bloods have now for footballl operations vs us...
The other UGA assistants aren't stupid...if all of a sudden Fran gets some Special Assistant to the Head Coach Title and stays...all of them would want north of $2.5M

He's not the best we could get. We could've hired an actual HC of another program.

It would appear we tried that and that we were told "thanks, but no thanks."

If Brown is the man I am sure John will not let him wait until January to be full time SU. But I can see letting him wear two hats this week and letting him coach the SEC championship game vs Alabama then being in Syracuse Sunday.

Lewis was doing fine in Col until teams realized the oline couldnt block anyone.

And the fact Colorado can't play defense was also his fault lol

Has been Brown been officially announced? Just waking up here, and also received a text from someone who said Brown. Someone associated with the team, so maybe they have been told? IDK.
Not yet...just speculation

if you can get the OC/DC figured out the HC has a much easier time of it.
I'd also rather a HC who is a true CEO and doesn't meddle. Focus on motivating guys, recruiting and pounding the portal. Be the overall leader and visionary for the guys. He doesn't need to manage the game plan. I know that's one approach but we saw how that worked out with Dino who was supposed to be the offensive guy. Turned out he really wasn't and then never truly trusted his assistants as much as he should have. I'm looking forward to meeting Fran and having him shake me down for NIL money. :)

I'd also rather a HC who is a true CEO and doesn't meddle. Focus on motivating guys, recruiting and pounding the portal. Be the overall leader and visionary for the guys. He doesn't need to manage the game plan. I know that's one approach but we saw how that worked out with Dino who was supposed to be the offensive guy. Turned out he really wasn't and then never truly trusted his assistants as much as he should have. I'm looking forward to meeting Fran and having him shake me down for NIL money. :)
Hey now don't forget when we send our Consigliere to shake you down for SyraCruz money ;-)

Georgia grad / Central NY native here. I love the hire for Cuse. Everyone thought Kirby was nuts bringing in a guy with a Temple / Rutgers background. He’s been an absolute stud on the recruiting trail and coaching corners. Relates very well to recruits, players, and parents.

Definitely understand the uncertainty with him not having coordinator or head coaching experience. May take him a year or two to get his feet under him. Obviously staff hires will be huge. Be patient. You don’t turn recruiting around in a year. Coming from Kirby’s staff, he won’t be outworked.

Looking at his past coaching stops I don't see anyone that screams offensive genius so it will be very interesting to see who he brings in on that side of the ball. What kind of connections he has made on offense?

I am sure he has an idea about what kind of defense he will want to run being all his experience is on that side of the ball.

In 2007 we were #44. Other than that, we haven't broken 50 in 20 years.
Yeah, top 25 seems overly optimistic, if not borderline delusional. Had the program come close in twenty years, I could be convinced. Are there examples of programs who consistently live outside of the top 50 suddenly pulling in Top 25 classes? If so, then maybe I'm too pessimistic.

The other UGA assistants aren't stupid...if all of a sudden Fran gets some Special Assistant to the Head Coach Title and stays...all of them would want north of $2.5M
We’ll see how critical he is to UGA by whether they want him to stick around for the SEC title game and CFB. My guess is he’ll be freed up in short order.

Yeah, top 25 seems overly optimistic, if not borderline delusional. Had the program come close in twenty years, I could be convinced. Are there examples of programs who consistently live outside of the top 50 suddenly pulling in Top 25 classes? If so, then maybe I'm too pessimistic.

I haven’t done the research but a quick guess would suggest UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors