Frank Howard Suspended | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

This is where my head is at if it was non recreational.

If this is either because of recovery, pain management, or both it's a shame.

It doesn't relieve him of responsibility, but I'm not going to get spun up about it if that's what it turns out to be.

The medical purpose of steroids is to aid people in recovering from physical trauma. In small, Regulated doses, it can do that. For that reason I've always thought they should be controlled, (so you you're not getting it from Jose Canseco and needle in your butt), not banned. What's wrong with getting over an injury quickly?

I don’t see how anyone can be “happy” with this. I think many are trying to make their peace with it by saying that we can win without him, and it’s not too grievous a loss. But it is certainly grievous for Howard.

The medical purpose of steroids is to aid people in recovering from physical trauma. In small, Regulated doses, it can do that. For that reason I've always thought they should be controlled, (so you you're not getting it from Jose Canseco and needle in your butt), not banned. What's wrong with getting over an injury quickly?
The same response that serves so many other questions: abuse.
How would you regulate "small, regulated doses?" Apparently, you can pay a doctor to say you're in the finest health of any presidential candidate ever, so i have to imagine those who want to abuse the system/the drug can find someone to administer it without purely therapeutic objectives.

What little I've heard today is that what he did was a result of the injury.

The same response that serves so many other questions: abuse.
How would you regulate "small, regulated doses?" Apparently, you can pay a doctor to say you're in the finest health of any presidential candidate ever, so i have to imagine those who want to abuse the system/the drug can find someone to administer it without purely therapeutic objectives.

What if the NCAA or professional league had to approve the doctors?

Again, you or i could use steroids to get over an injury, why not an athlete who is more likely to get them?

What if the PEDs (if it is that) was giving to him by training staff. And it wasn't the kids fault? Then you would be behind JB and his staff getting the boot right? I mean zero tolerance and all?
Then the program will burn. You really thing think the staff is giving PEDs. This isn't Mac's football team.

Then the program will burn. You really thing think the staff is giving PEDs. This isn't Mac's football team.
If it's what is being implied in the latter part of this thread, I can easily understand why a kid would do it. He's not recovering from an injury fast enough, he sees his senior season going to hell while he's been relegated to the bench more often, and he's desperate to find a way to fix the situation.

I’m to lazy to browse thru 38 pages cause y’all are insane and have nothing to do all day... is there a timetable as to when frank will be back? Or he gone forever? He’s shooting up roids from some of y’alls post.

What if the NCAA or professional league had to approve the doctors?

Again, you or i could use steroids to get over an injury, why not an athlete who is more likely to get them?

No inside info to what caused the suspension...but to answer your question anabolic steroids aren’t given to people to recover from injury. Corticosteroids like cortisone shot, prednisone, etc are given but are completely different and wouldn’t trigger any type of PED positive.

Yeah great run we made. Thanks Frank.

Note for the future for all fans- when your starting PG is removed from the lineup the day before the tourney, it is not a positive. It never will be.

Good for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom