Frost it is. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Frost it is.

remember that the offense was developed at new hampshire

people are seeing great athletes flock to programs with great schemes that have a million plays. they're all over tv. the awful programs where these systems were developed were never on TV.

no one ever wonders about whether schools can find the big strong guys to run a power offense, that's just the default footbally thing to do
Good point, I didn't know that about spread developed in NH -

I saw Tulsa on TV Saturday...he seems to have a good sideline demeanor...team made a comeback and got bowl eligible versus Tulane. Would be a good hire...call it a Triple if not a home run. Has the Baylor pedigree.

Rumored to only make $800k (only LOL)...and plays in front of 10-20k fans. Tulsa is pretty bad for support. Type of guy who would have a fun offense in the Dome.

I agree he was in my top 5. I think he is a very good coach.

That's why Chip, Rich Rod, etc. came up with the spread. They couldn't get the right guys to run north/south power-Os so they developed a scheme to beat you by spreading you out and using space to create plays.

RoysRunts said:
"Schemes don't beat you players do" - Floyd Little

Floyd is half right. It's players + scheme. In his day it might have been more tilted towards talent. But the game has evolved. It's clear teams with less talent can compete on scheme. The teams who dominate have both.

W all due respect to Floyd he's from a time when you lined up against each other, and then slammed your all American halfback into said line and hope you get a couple yards out of it.

"It's clear teams with less talent can compete on scheme. The teams who dominate have both." For a National Championship? with all due respect to my "Scheme" Guys This stuff you see now is not new just different names and terms ,it's still about blocking and tackling. See Sammy Baugh/Otto Graham and the 50's Cleveland Browns
nothing new in Football. what go's around come's back around.

Last edited:
Good point, I didn't know that about spread developed in NH -
well, the oregon chip kelly version of the spread started there. or so i read. i'm not watching UNH either! life is too short to watch these outposts where crazy people invent this stuff

of course a hall of famer might say that

the guy looks like he could still run a sub 5.0 forty

schemes and players beat everyone

well, the oregon chip kelly version of the spread started there. or so i read. i'm not watching UNH either! life is too short to watch these outposts where crazy people invent this stuff
It's amazing that Oregon was able to overcome Chip Kelly's lack of west coast recruiting ties.

RoysRunts said:
"It's clear teams with less talent can compete on scheme. The teams who dominate have both." For a National Championship? with all due respect to my "Scheme" Guys This stuff you see now is not new just different names and terms ,it's still about blocking and tackling. See Sammy Baugh/Otto Graham and the 50's Cleveland Browns nothing new in Football. what go's around come's back around.

Ha! The passing game has evolved a metric ton since those days. Over simplifying is how we hire defensive coordinators as HC.

Love you Floyd, but you're wrong. There wasn't a whole lot of scheming when you played. The superior athletes won the day. Now coaches have figured out how to scheme to counter the superior athleticism of their opponent. See Baylor, see TCU, see Navy, see GA Tech last year. Baylors recruiting classes, for the most part resemble ours over the last 5-6 years. Teams like TCU, Baylor, GA Tech, Navy, are not loaded with 4 and 5 star players. They are athletes that excel in a particular scheme.

It's amazing that Oregon was able to overcome Chip Kelly's lack of west coast recruiting ties.
Having the Nike money and the #1 wow factor on a campus in the whole country...bar none, may have helped him overcome that a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom