FSU LSU thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

FSU LSU thread

I mean, seriously, who gives a crap if PAUL FINEBAUM says something mean about the ACC. My goodness.

It was worth a couple posts and a couple minutes of bashing him on here but otherwise could care less. I wouldn't say I care enough beyond that. I'm a Cowboys fan and he is basically the SECs Skip Bayless...

Yep, the conference needs a lot more weekends like this. And they need it to happen for several years.
Here’s the reality that we’re facing. Unless we somehow start reeling in talent like it’s 1986 our fortunes are as follows.

It’s bext for us if UM/FSU/Clemson start kicking ass and taking names. A five year run where those teams are perennial top 5 is good for the conference, but it doesnt open up a bag of cash from espn until 2036 and who knows what the financial landscape will look like then….but that might not be the best for our winning percentage.

If we gravitate toward the top of the conference, it’s probably not the best perception for the league.

Then again it may all be moot because Clemson and FSU are probably bolting no matter what. Might as well watch them lose.

Oh…and FSU’s front 4 vs our OL in tbe road does not look pretty thus far…

PAAWWWWL : SEC
::
Faux Nooz : Spray-tan Jeebus

If you’re expecting impartiality and a fair and balanced tAeK,
look elsewhere.

It's not so much as looking elsewhere because personally I stopped listening to pundits many years ago. It's the casual fan that gets swayed thinking his nonsense is true because he doesn't get called on it which dilutes the whole "neutral" sports pundit thing.

But yeah 721, I get what you're saying.

No one who follows college football for 5 minutes believes Finebaum is unbiased.

And he's immensely entertaining. Listen to his show, it's a hoot. He'll troll the hell out of LSU fans all week and the calls from Louisiana will glorious.,
I know it now The first time I heard him he was on a talk radio show As a guest. Hot garbage

Here’s the reality that we’re facing. Unless we somehow start reeling in talent like it’s 1986 our fortunes are as follows.

It’s bext for us if UM/FSU/Clemson start kicking ass and taking names. A five year run where those teams are perennial top 5 is good for the conference, but it doesnt open up a bag of cash from espn until 2036 and who knows what the financial landscape will look like then….but that might not be the best for our winning percentage.

If we gravitate toward the top of the conference, it’s probably not the best perception for the league.

Then again it may all be moot because Clemson and FSU are probably bolting no matter what. Might as well watch them lose.

Honestly, to me none of it is worth worrying about. Those schools will either leave or stay, and there's nothing we can do about it.

A top 25 SU program would be great for the ACC. The northeast has become such a wasteland of college football irrelevance.

College football has become a year-to-year passtime. The rosters are going to turnover. Conferences will continue to shuffle membership. It's not a sport where anyone can project what'll happen in the future.

Just best to enjoy the ride each season, and not think much beyond that.

I think if LSU had made those 4th and 1s or 4th and goal they could have pulled away and won in a blowout TBH.

Florida State Clemson will be a good one. Hopefully the winner can get into the playoff with 1 loss if they don't win out.

It's not so much as looking elsewhere because personally I stopped listening to pundits many years ago. It's the casual fan that gets swayed thinking his nonsense is true because he doesn't get called on it which dilutes the whole "neutral" sports pundit thing.

But yeah 721, I get what you're saying.
The "casual fan" doesn't watch anything that features Paul Finebaum. He's strictly for the hard core fanatic. It's not like he's going on Good Morning America 3 days a week.

The "casual fan" doesn't watch anything that features Paul Finebaum. He's strictly for the hard core fanatic. It's not like he's going on Good Morning America 3 days a week.

He doesn't have to be featured to do what he does as ESPN gives him plenty of airtime.

Do you think casual college football fans watch ESPN?

I'll answer that since I know the answer... they don't.

Parsing down the word casual is I suppose one way to go.

The subject isn't worth my time so if it's ok, I'll just end this discussion on my end Scooch.

Parsing down the word casual is I suppose one way to go.

The subject isn't worth my time so if it's ok, I'll just end this discussion on my end Scooch.
It's all good. I just thought it's a weird thing for people to get fired up about. Like getting mad that Baghdad Bob speakings glowingly of the Iraqi Army.

If you dig a little - FSU has been on a record spending spree of late including the amount of money they received from the state itself. They can't quit now at this rate so some of all this is they can't afford to not fight for more money.
That's what all of this is isn't it... Keeping up with the jones's. If school X gets something shiny I need something shiny or we'll fall behind.

FSU opened a new student union last year, broke ground on a new biz school, stadium upgrades, and if memory serves me right they're doing a new practice facility as well. To your point, they need money.

It's all good. I just thought it's a weird thing for people to get fired up about. Like getting mad that Baghdad Bob speakings glowingly of the Iraqi Army.

I used to get into interesting debates on Rivals back in the day and then after a short time I realized that there was absolutely no way for a decent conversation to ever happen there. Was kind of bummed but that seems to go with a lot of the hide behind the keyboard snippers.

FSU had some great D calls and delayed blitz’ that really got to Daniels. We’ll have it scouted and they’ll have a few more games plus Clemson before us.

LSU really screwed the pooch early though. They were inside the 15 yard line 5 out of their first 6 possessions, blowing two 4th downs inside the 12. They could’ve blown that game wide open the other way.

I think our D is better than LSU, except for that DTackle; Wingo. I thought their linebackers were meh.

I think if LSU had made those 4th and 1s or 4th and goal they could have pulled away and won in a blowout TBH.

Florida State Clemson will be a good one. Hopefully the winner can get into the playoff with 1 loss if they don't win out.
To be honest FSU handed LSU those opportunities by committing some stupid penalties, FSU was clearly the better team.

Just reading this thread I feel kinda bad for the FSU haters cuz they may be in for a long year. Looks like one team stands in FSU's way from an undefeated season. I suspect they will be a double digit fave in every other game they play this year beside Clempsum. Think they have as good a chance as anyone to win the whole enchilada. Can also see Travis hoisting the Heisman in early December if he stays healthy.

One thing that was readily apparent watching that game last night was that FSU is on a different level.

Most likely, even compared to Clemson.

Even though I think we can be an 8 win type of team -- and maybe better, if things break well for us in some of the peer games not in the Dome [Purdue, Pitt, VT] -- we could get housed by FSU.

Reminds me of how even when we used to have top 25 squads in the '90s, how we just never matched up well with Florida State. I expect more of the same this year, barring something catastrophic going down for FSU between now and mid-October.

FSU is very good. They aren’t on the level of a Georgia.

Let’s pump the brakes.

Heisman for Travis? Absolutely not.

They had one pre-season 1st or 2nd team AA.

LSU had an awful game because they have an overrated coach. Just look at how they were using Harold Perkins.

To be honest FSU handed LSU those opportunities by committing some stupid penalties, FSU was clearly the better team.
Not in the first half. Brian Kelly and the OC called a really bad game. 17 points in four red zone possessions is not efficient. They were in position to make FSU really uncomfortable but didn't take the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom