FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

What would you have done differently to keep him here? Start him over Shrader?

He was 1-4 for 3 yards in his start against that iron curtain Colorado defense last night.
200w.gif

i don’t know if i’m buying that. There are tons of players at the G5 or FCS level that can play. I don’t think we were totally set to go all in on the portal. I mean the guys that ended up getting offered had absolutely 0 offers or interest and from California. Just random pick ups that fill up valuable roster spots.
We offered Portal kids with zero offers?

I agree Dino hasn't been aggressive enough in the portal which tracks bc I know from his early days here Dino wasn't a fan of adding JuCo kids.

But they definitely offered a bunch of kids who committed to other programs. Jared Verse for example went FSU because they're a bigger program and more importantly they paid much more than us.

I agree Dino hasn't been aggressive enough in the portal which tracks bc I know from his early days here Dino wasn't a fan of adding JuCo kids.

But they definitely offered a bunch of kids who committed to other programs. Jared Verse for example went FSU because they're a bigger program and more importantly they paid much more than us.
No, i was talking about the JC kids we ended up offering and having commit.

No, i was talking about the JC kids we ended up offering and having commit.
Yeah we took leftover JuCos bc we can’t afford the better portal talent.
It sucks. I hope we can generate more NIL dollars

The way the announcers made it sound yesterday, Verse to FSU was a done deal about a half hour after he entered portal.

Verse asked them if they'd take care of him and if they'd give him their all everyday which of course they said yes to.

The last stretch of the season will tell me everything I need to know. I thought we battled Clemson at home and competed but shot ourselves in the foot. I thought we play conservatively the last two weeks and tried to stay healthy. Dino knows his jobs on the line this season and I’m hoping he played his hand that way the last two weeks. If he let it all hang out and subjected Shrader to a lot of designed runs, he could have kept the games close but we would have lost anyway which would have led to a dismal last 5 games. Time will tell.

A coach loses me the second that I feel like an idiot for investing time, money and emotions on their program and I feel pretty friggin stupid right now

I will not be attending anymore games that Dino is the head coach. I’ve wanted him gone for three years now but I’m officially in boycott mode. Just like I did with Robinson and cigar boy. It’s the only thing SU responds to eventually.

How do you justify going for a long fg down by 21 with 20ish minutes left in the game?
It can't be justified. Thought it was a bit idiotic, personally. Even the ESPN guys questioned it immediately as they would still need the same 3 scores to take the lead at the time. And then was disgusted watching his post-game press conference. Think Dino thought he was doing a comedy show -- was way too jovial and at least 2 times he and the media burst out into a big belly laugh. When you get publicly humiliated 41-3 on national tv, that is not the time to be so giddy. Where is the accountability? I would really like to know why the FSU program is suddenly a hundred times better than our program? I don't know what is more embarrassing -- to be 18.5 underdogs or for FSU to be able to cover that number comfortably.

Exactly one year ago today, we beat NC State. But since then, 365 days ago, the ONLY conference game we have won was BC last November. So still winless in the ACC this year, after finishing last year losing 6 of the last 7 games overall. Not even going to bother saying that Dino needs to go -- isn't that already freakin' obvious?? (if you don't think so, you are not paying attention).

I'm obviously not happy with this three-game stretch but I'll wait and see how the final few games goes.

If it's the typical November swoon then I truly believe Dino will either retire at season end or be let go.

I'm obviously not happy with this three-game stretch but I'll wait and see how the final few games goes.

If it's the typical November swoon then I truly believe Dino will either retire at season end or be let go.
That's just it- this putrid display of football from the team and Dino, is now just par for the course. We ALWAYS spit the bit this time of year & then the excuses start. "We have no depth', "(Fill-in-the-blank) must be hurt, that's why he's playing so bad", "Why is the play calling and OL pathetic", and so on , and so on.
Just...tired.

Stop with the new coach already. What games have you been watching? We have no talent!!! That is why we lose...not coaching!!!!! We have no talent because Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to now that we have to go against all the warm weather, well financed schools in the ACC. In the corporate world, for positions hard to fill, HR recognizes that they will will haave to over pay and offer incentives to find any kind of hire...That is the position Syracuse is in right now, to get top talent of any kind...we are going to have to over pay...and we don't have the funds to do that right now...The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can all stop crying...and accept mediocrity, and low level football.
Coaching does involve recruiting as well as play calling and scheming. Yes we don’t have the financial resources of many of our competitors and yet prior to NIL we weren’t winning. Under Dick McPherson we won. We can do so again!

Dino's in game decisions are horrible. We know that. For me he should need to go 4-1 to keep his job. There is no excuse for losing at home to BC or Wake. The other 3 teams we are better than, but they are away from the Dome. Losing 2 games would be our worst 2 Ls in the last 35 games. If he goes 3-2 I think it is best to move on but it is a bit of a gray area. He should be fired at 6-6, unless he still has 10 years left on his contract.

I thought Beck was fine this game. His best game of the last 3. He even tried moving the pocket.

Shrader was horrible again. He eats up bad teams and is a no show, turn over machine against good teams. He also doesn't seem to be the leader that Dungey was. We need to see Shrader willing his team to points more often. The fire doesn't seem to be there.

I have been off the CDRW bandwagon. I think he throws into coverage too often. His passes sail. He was lucky that he only had one INT. I don't think he scrambles well, which IMO you need given our history on the OL. He can run but it is more like when TD ran. That being said he hasn't been given a real full opportunity (Pitt was just one game and a bad situation). He has a big arm and can make nice passes (see the dropped TD). There is potential for growth, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Hatcher has gotten more involved the last 2 weeks which is nice to see. Guys like Hatcher, Jones, Alford are nice rotation #2s. OG is a slot, middle of the field guy. What we need is a true #1 and there is no excuse for not having one since Ish. Even by luck you should be able to get one. We have no one who is a threat down the field or who can actually make a play on the ball.

Villari never goes down to the ground. We have to keep getting him the ball.

I thought we ran the ball the best in the Anae/Beck era. We need to build off of that. If we have a balanced attack we will do well these last 5 games.

I hated what Long did vs UNC but I think he had a good game this one. The players were just not making plays. Some of that is talent but some of it was just not coming through when given the opportunity. We played small just like our HC and QB. We had a lot of chances to get off the field and failed. The best stretch they had was after Shrader's fumble until the end of the half.

We still have no pass rush and never keep contain. A horrible combo. I would like Long on passing situations to change it up. Be more like Shafer and have your LBs playing as DEs wide instead of pass rushing from the inside. Even when we bring 4, our guys seem to just run into the OL. There is no edge rush.

Where has Wax been? Kid looked like a stud last year and the first 4 this year. He has been invisible these last 3.

I actually thought Travis did not play well. He missed a lot of throws. The difference was he had Coleman.

Special teams have been sub par the last 2 years. Why have we taken such a big step back from where we once were?

It can't be justified. Thought it was a bit idiotic, personally. Even the ESPN guys questioned it immediately as they would still need the same 3 scores to take the lead at the time. And then was disgusted watching his post-game press conference. Think Dino thought he was doing a comedy show -- was way too jovial and at least 2 times he and the media burst out into a big belly laugh. When you get publicly humiliated 41-3 on national tv, that is not the time to be so giddy. Where is the accountability? I would really like to know why the FSU program is suddenly a hundred times better than our program? I don't know what is more embarrassing -- to be 18.5 underdogs or for FSU to be able to cover that number comfortably.

Exactly one year ago today, we beat NC State. But since then, 365 days ago, the ONLY conference game we have won was BC last November. So still winless in the ACC this year, after finishing last year losing 6 of the last 7 games overall. Not even going to bother saying that Dino needs to go -- isn't that already freakin' obvious?? (if you don't think so, you are not paying attention).
When you've lost nycfan...

The way the announcers made it sound yesterday, Verse to FSU was a done deal about a half hour after he entered portal.

Verse asked them if they'd take care of him and if they'd give him their all everyday which of course they said yes to.
Sure but the announcers didn’t mention FSU’s NIL package which we all know is at the heart of any high profile portaling.

I think “take care of him” translates to: pay more than anyone else.

That's just it- this putrid display of football from the team and Dino, is now just par for the course. We ALWAYS spit the bit this time of year & then the excuses start. "We have no depth', "(Fill-in-the-blank) must be hurt, that's why he's playing so bad", "Why is the play calling and OL pathetic", and so on , and so on.
Just...tired.

100%!

Excuse after excuse after excuse, every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
I always wonder why, when SU loses that the tv folks have ample time to recap the game, show highlights, on field interviews, etc, but when SU wins a big game, the tv coverage must rush to the next game, or the news, or something else so that there is little extra coverage of good news for the Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom