FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

So except for 2 games under Dino all I remember is us always getting smoked by Fla. State
From Mac, to Pasqualoni and so on we always took a beating
So why should Babers be held to a higher standard than the rest?

I live in South Carolina, The LaNorris ship has sailed. They love him here...the fans, the Coaching Staff, how do you think we got Branden Davis? Sellers as a true freshman displaced him in the pecking order..
I wasn’t referring to Sellers(or anyone in particular). Does Davis have what it takes?(I didn’t see it in the limited time he was in) I’m just saying that ANY kid that came come to cuse(and WIN) would definitely get noticed and drafted

So except for 2 games under Dino all I remember is us always getting smoked by Fla. State
Horrifically myopic take.
Obviously your "memory" is flawed, or you're simply too young to know any better.
And it's not about Dino being "held to a higher standard". He's the HC, ffs- and frankly he hasn't gotten it done. He's getting paid a isht-load of money and getting much more in resources than practically any SU HC has ever gotten.
There are no participation trophies for mediocrity.

Obviously your "memory" is flawed, or you're simply too young to know any better.
And it's not about Dino being "held to a higher standard". He's the HC, ffs- and frankly he hasn't gotten it done. He's getting paid a isht-load of money and getting much more in resources than practically any SU HC has ever gotten.
solid

For the record, Dino is not a very good head coach but people making a case that he has access to all these facilities and perks that the other coaches did not while may be true but all we have done is barely keep our head above water with regard to other schools. I just don’t see it as any type of advantage to coaching here.

some people act as if the new dome roof should be A huge help for recruiting

It seems flawed to compare the salary and resources for today's HC to the salary and resources of past SU HC's. Other than men's basketball, tell me where the current HC at Syracuse isn't making more than his or her predecessor or who doesn't have better recourses than their predecessor?

Wouldn't it be fairer to compare these things against other programs in the conference? We aren't in the Big East any longer. We are in the ACC.

HC salary?
Assistant coaches' salary pool?
Facilities?
Recruiting budget and resources?

Tell me how the SU football program compares to other ACC football programs in these areas.

Head coach Salary
  1. Clemson, $10.8 million
  2. Miami, $8 million
  3. Florida State, $7.3 million
  4. Pitt, $5.8 million
  5. Louisville, $5.55 million
  6. NC State, $5.024 million
  7. UNC, $5 million
  8. Wake, $4.284 million
  9. Virginia, $4.250 million
  10. Syracuse, $4.053 million (46th in the country)
  11. Va Tech, $4 million
  12. Duke, $3.5 million
  13. BC, $3.12 million
  14. Ga Tech, $2.8 million

How much money does Coach Babers have to hire assistants? Some ACC schools are paying their assistants very well.

Miami, $7.7 million pool
Georgia Tech, $7.5 million pool
Clemson. $7.475 million pool
Florida State, $5.9 million pool
UNC, $5.9 million pool
NC State, $5.4 million pool
Va Tech, $5.3 million pool
Virginia, $4.4 million pool
Louisville, $4.4 million pool

I don't know what Syracuse pays their assistants, but I doubt we are in the top half of the conference (more than $5 million).

This article is from 2019, but I doubt it has changed much in the last four years.

Football

2017-18 spending:
$25 million (45th in the country)
2016-17 spending: $22 million (50th in the country)
Who ranks No. 1? Alabama ($62.9 million)
ACC rank: 9 (Florida State is No. 2 at $57.7 million)
Notes: Football is the only sport in which Syracuse ranks in the bottom half of the ACC in spending.

What is our recruiting budget? Again, I would be surprised if we were in the top half of the conference in this area. And Syracuse is not exactly surrounded by talent. We know our recruiting is not in the top half of the conference.

I know we are spending money on facilities, but that's just to keep up, not to get ahead.

And the elephant in the room is how much NIL $ is available for Syracuse football players?

Hey Axe and Leiker, do some research and tell us what you find out.

We are going to see the Keon Coleman catch in highlights on Sundays for years like we do the Lamar hurdle in the dome

I'm obviously not happy with this three-game stretch but I'll wait and see how the final few games goes.

If it's the typical November swoon then I truly believe Dino will either retire at season end or be let go.
He's not retiring and leaving money on the table. He'll be paid not to coach if he gets canned. And I don’t blame him one bit, no person in his right mind would voluntarily retire and give up $4 million or whatever he's getting paid.

3 games were competitive. We beat them 30-7 in the Dome in 18. We lost on a walkoff FG in 17 in Tally when Dungey played half the game with a broken foot. And we missed a FG to tie in 21 when Wax let Travis go down the sideline for fear of getting a penalty if he hit him out-of-bounds and the refs missed a blatant hold on FSU's game winning drive. The other 4 years have all been blowout losses. I don't think we played them in 20 in the Covid year.

I always wonder why, when SU loses that the tv folks have ample time to recap the game, show highlights, on field interviews, etc, but when SU wins a big game, the tv coverage must rush to the next game, or the news, or something else so that there is little extra coverage of good news for the Orange.
You mean the 1 big game we won in the last umpteen years?

My memory is flawed? 2 wins since our 1966 series opening victory which coaching era seems to have had the closest matches with Fla. state?
Who has the only other win versus them other than Ben? I also agree that Fla. state was a hot mess in 2019, it’s pretty obvious when Fla.sates program is rolling we have not been competitive in any era.
Dino gets paid what college coaches get paid these days, both good and bad coaches.
Yes he is finally getting resources to complete but how long has this actually been in place to compete with other ACC teams?
As Sudadx2 points out we are still in the bottom half of the ACC in football spending despite our dramatic increase in spending.
Despite getting waxed in our last 3 games I still see progress in terms of players, Clemson mistakes cost us, NC was just way better than us talent wise and their QB is going to have a long successful NFL career and it showed. Fla.st’s Athletic ability came to the forefront but the defense showed up until it wore down from being on the field too much.
I think right now we are a mid ACC level team but are trending upwards.
Next year QB play is going to determine any success ( yes big surprise I know).
So no I don’t want to derail any positive upward movement and yes I do see some.
So I will stick with Horrificly myopic take thank you

Saturday, October 142023Away
Tallahassee, FL

L3-41
Links
Saturday, November 122022Home
Syracuse, N.Y.

L3-38
Links
Saturday, October 22021Away
Tallahassee, FL

L30-33
Links
Saturday, October 262019Away
Tallahassee, FL

L17-35
Links
Saturday, September 152018Home
Syracuse, NY

W30-7
Links
Saturday, November 42017Away
Tallahassee, FL

L24-27
Links
Saturday, November 192016Home
Syracuse, NY

L14-45
Links

Saturday, October 312015Away
Tallahassee, FL

L21-45
Links
Saturday, October 112014Home
Syracuse, N.Y.

L20-38
Links
Saturday, November 162013Away
Tallahassee, FL

L3-59
Links
Saturday, October 92004Home
Syracuse, NY

L13-17
Links
Saturday, October 51991Away
Tallahassee, FL

L14-46
Saturday, October 71989Home
Syracuse, NY

L10-41
Saturday, September 91978Home
Syracuse, NY

L0-28
Saturday, November 121966Home
Syracuse, NY

W37-21

Love Josh Black but he was on a team in 2019 that was outscored 104-26 in back to back games and made a really poor Maryland team look legit giving up 63 to them. I wouldn’t be throwing stones from my glass house … now Keith Bulluck on the other hand was a dawg that played on good teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom