FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

We've recruited about the same as Duke. How have they done the last 2 years?
Instead of wasting those 5 or so scholarships on weird JUCO guys who you knew would never play we should have utilized the portal better. Seriously look at some of the names we picked up late from the JC ranks. None of them had any interest or any offers. Knew right them they were just filling out the roster while you could have used it for valuable kids from the portal. Not only does Dino have terrible game mgt and no sack but he can’t manage a roster either.

Guy scores a touchdown and announcer says "Penzoil!" Not the first time I've heard this either. Why is this a thing?

We are 4 and 3 with 4 straight wins and 3 straight losses. If the wins and losses were more staggared, we'd feel better about the season as a whole. We win 3 of the next 5.
I don’t disagree, but it’s more the way we have been beat. We’ve had 4-5 win teams put up better fights against good teams than this one has the past two weeks. It doesn’t appear we have a lot of hope.

See Norvell coaching that last 4th down not wanting to give it up. Tells you the difference in mentality. And anyone that thinks CDRW is the QB next year then we are in trouble no matter the schedule. Better hit the portal for a HC and hope for a prayer with a QB. I would go all in on Curt Cignetti even though he will be 63
Stop with the new coach already. What games have you been watching? We have no talent!!! That is why we lose...not coaching!!!!! We have no talent because Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to now that we have to go against all the warm weather, well financed schools in the ACC. In the corporate world, for positions hard to fill, HR recognizes that they will will haave to over pay and offer incentives to find any kind of hire...That is the position Syracuse is in right now, to get top talent of any kind...we are going to have to over pay...and we don't have the funds to do that right now...The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can all stop crying...and accept mediocrity, and low level football.

What want to know is who are the two sure wins? Every team we have left has shown flashes of competence recently while we’ve fallen off a cliff on offense.
Yeah but competent against whom?

I don’t disagree, but it’s more the way we have been beat. We’ve had 4-5 win teams put up better fights against good teams than this one has the past two weeks. It doesn’t appear we have a lot of hope.
Exactly. I predicted 0-3 in this stretch in my preseason prediction but I thought we'd at least be competitive.

This game compounded the last three weeks of misery and no joy in college football for me.

Then I see how Rutgers came back to beat Michigan State off a fumbled punt in the end zone, one run down your throat drive, and a fumbled kickoff return in a span of four minutes in the fourth quarter to get to 5-2.

Then I see competitive games everywhere else, by teams with no business being competitive to begin with, and I sigh some more.

Then I realize that it's clear that Dino is burned out and needs a change but he doesn't want to be the one to make the move, and neither does Wildhack so we are in a perpetual state of meh football.

Then I realize if we change now we likely fall back to 3-9 / 4-8 football, but also realize that if we don't make a change we might be in a perpetual state of 5-7 / 6-6 football.

Depressing state of the program right now.

Lequint 19-110 was obviously the highlight but we couldn’t string together consecutive successful run plays. Throwing for under 100 yards in a CFB game today is just unacceptable . We clearly have no receivers. What did Alford do to earn captain?

Our defense is also less competitive then last year. Barron and McDonald were solid but we are missing the 2 all league guys we lost and was impossible to replace.

Instead of wasting those 5 or so scholarships on weird JUCO guys who you knew would never play we should have utilized the portal better. Seriously look at some of the names we picked up late from the JC ranks. None of them had any interest or any offers. Knew right them they were just filling out the roster while you could have used it for valuable kids from the portal. Not only does Dino have terrible game mgt and no sack but he can’t manage a roster either.
Yeah but besides all that….

Also, did Jerry get benched for Bellamy or is he hurt? I thought he was one of our better defenders to start the season other than getting beat bad on that double move vs UNC

Lequint 19-110 was obviously the highlight but we couldn’t string together consecutive successful run plays. Throwing for under 100 yards in a CFB game today is just unacceptable . We clearly have no receivers. What did Alford do to earn captain?

Our defense is also less competitive then last year. Barron and McDonald were solid but we are missing the 2 all league guys we lost and was impossible to replace.
No recievers and not much of a QB.

Also, did Jerry get benched for Bellamy or is he hurt? I thought he was one of our better defenders to start the season other than getting beat bad on that double move vs UNC
I thought he was benched, and if so he will probably be in the portal for good this year

Stop with the new coach already. What games have you been watching? We have no talent!!! That is why we lose...not coaching!!!!! We have no talent because Syracuse is a tough place to recruit to now that we have to go against all the warm weather, well financed schools in the ACC. In the corporate world, for positions hard to fill, HR recognizes that they will will haave to over pay and offer incentives to find any kind of hire...That is the position Syracuse is in right now, to get top talent of any kind...we are going to have to over pay...and we don't have the funds to do that right now...The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can all stop crying...and accept mediocrity, and low level football.
The coach can’t recruit players to a climate controlled dome

This game compounded the last three weeks of misery and no joy in college football for me.

Then I see how Rutgers came back to beat Michigan State off a fumbled punt in the end zone, one run down your throat drive, and a fumbled kickoff return in a span of four minutes in the fourth quarter to get to 5-2.

Then I see competitive games everywhere else, by teams with no business being competitive to begin with, and I sigh some more.

Then I realize that it's clear that Dino is burned out and needs a change but he doesn't want to be the one to make the move, and neither does Wildhack so we are in a perpetual state of meh football.

Then I realize if we change now we likely fall back to 3-9 / 4-8 football, but also realize that if we don't make a change we might be in a perpetual state of 5-7 / 6-6 football.

Depressing state of the program right now.
Why do we have to fall back? Duke didn't. We need to believe that we can do better. If this is our max and we believe that we are just cashing checks...and sadly I think the school is happy doing just that.

What want to know is who are the two sure wins? Every team we have left has shown flashes of competence recently while we’ve fallen off a cliff on offense.
No team is a “sure win” for anyone. But you surely can’t expect us to lose 5 coin flips in a row? 6 wins statistically is almost a certainty.

I respectfully disagree with everything you said. There are plenty of schools that play in the cold and don’t have a dome haha. I’ll evenly look for the stats, but there are schools with less or similar funding that aren’t inept.

Cuse has been outscored 81-10 in the last two games. Stop with this, we actually don’t expect to beat two good teams in UNC & FSU but is it too much to ask for a little more? Bad take.

Do it now. Make Beck the temp head HC and see what he can implement in the next two weeks. The o-line will still be a major problem , but anything is better than this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom